PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Mortal BSB and other races BSB

Horus0001
02-08-2007, 12:06
Right this will probably be another 1 of my stupid overlooks or regarding the wording too closely.

In the hordes of chaos army book it specifies that 1 aspring champion may carry a battle standard. It then goes on to specify that this character cannot take any extra equipment or carry a sheild. It then goes on to specify that if he takes a magical standard he cannot take any magical equipment.

Now where this confuses me is in comparison to other amry books standard bearers that are disalowed from taking mundane equipment.

Would i be right in saying that a Chaos aspiring champion with a battle standard would not be able to take any magical weapons or an enchanted sheild due to the wording of the first section of the rule (no sheild or extra weapons) regardless of whether it is magical or mundane, due to the wording of the rule.

Other random question i thought id add in was to do with War banners. do these stack with the battle standard (BS+war banner = +2CR)?

Thanks in advance

DeathlessDraich
02-08-2007, 12:27
Warbanners, BSB do stack up.

Each army's BSB is slightly different. It may seem like a loophole but the differences are small.

Most BSB's rules states that a BSB cannot have a mundane shield or weapon upgrade and in nearly all the cases, BSB cannot be the general.

In the case of Chaos, the phrase 'extra weapon' is used which is subject to different interpretations.

Little Aaad
02-08-2007, 12:46
mortal chaod bsb can be general, cant they?

Atrahasis
02-08-2007, 12:58
No, they cannot.

Masque
02-08-2007, 13:28
mortal chaod bsb can be general, cant they?

No, they cannot.

Uh, yes they can. The usual rule preventing the BSB from being the General is absent from the Hordes of Chaos book.

Horus0001
02-08-2007, 13:30
Time to have fun with the war banner it seems :D

Im mainly worried about how the wording affects the use of sheilds but since it states "may not carry a sheild" that it extends to enchanted sheilds, leaving a pretty squishy (by chaos standards anyway) character.

Also if this is the case my plan of hunting down the BSB that came with the army deal a few years ago is pointless due to its shown equipment :(

theunwantedbeing
02-08-2007, 13:51
The rule stating that the Mortal Bsb is not there,so he is allowed to be the general,although aspiring champions have their own restrictions on being the general anyway.

A character that isnt allowed to carry the mundane version of a type of armour.
eg. if he isnt allowed a mundane sheild,he cant carry a magical one,so no magical sheild for your BsB im afraid.

As for the no extra weapons bit....
That could mean no weapons beyond the hand weapon he already has,so he cant take any magical weapons by that logic....not a huge problem really.