PDA

View Full Version : 2k dwarfs balanced

marneus54
02-08-2007, 12:10
hi all this is a list for a tourney i will be going into hope yall like it...point out mistakes if u can

Lord
dwarf lord-sheidl bearers, m.r. skalf black hammer, r. of stone, m.r. spite
points 298
heroes
runesmith-sheild, 3 runes of spellbreaking
points 147
dragon slayer-m.r. of alric the mad, m.r. of gromril
points 125
core
24 warriors-full command, sheild
points 241
16 longbeards-full command, great weps, m.r. of determination
points 253
16 warriors-full command, sheilds
points 169
10 thunderers-full command, brace of pistols
special
18 ironbreakers-full command-(dwarf lord fits nice with 4 ranks of 5)
points 264
cannon-engineer
points 135
bolt thrower-m.r. of immolation, engineer
points 60
rare
gyrocopter
points 140

lector#1
02-08-2007, 13:01
hi all this is a list for a tourney i will be going into hope yall like it...point out mistakes if u can

Lord
dwarf lord-sheidl bearers, m.r. skalf black hammer, r. of stone, m.r. spite
points 298
[dragon slayer-m.r. of alric the mad, m.r. of gromril
points 125

if M.R means master rune then im pretty sure ur only allowed 1 im not sure if its 1 per lord or 1 per army i think its 1 per lord and maybe stick a unit of slayers in there some where because they can dish out some serious damage i used to play alot of store games with a daemon slayer (lord choice) and about 12 dragon slayers running around the bored munching through units of marauders and chaos warriors and some vampire units its was great fun

Argmooha
02-08-2007, 13:05
(1) Unless I am mistaken dragon slayers cannot take armor runes....

(2) Ive really only have three complaints. First, I think that you could choose a better rune than the mr of immolation on your bolt thrower...something to improve its accuracy (skewering) comes to mind as you already have a cannon for chariots.

Secondly, in my opinion they nerfed brace of pistols, especially if you read the 'unofficial official FAQ' thats been floating around. Speaking of which I dont really think full command for a unit of 10 thunderers with minimal equipment is a good use of points...make them bare bones.

You can use those freed up points for my last complaint...why do you have two units of 16? Thanks to 7th edition you wont be getting a full rank bonus with these units. You could either free up some points to boost both units numbers or convert one into either a ranged unit, miners for counter-battery tactics, or slayers to hold your flank

marneus54
02-08-2007, 14:59
ok im playing a nemisis crown tourney on saturday and i need a 1k pt dwarf army outta what i got up there any suggestions im all ears but make it balanced. i cant convert anything what is up there is what i got and i dont wanna have to go out and buy new models.