4 Squig Herds 120pts

2 Spear Chukkas 70pts

Wolf Chariot 60pts

Rare Units

Goblin Doom Driver Catapult 80pts

Total: 989

Malorian
02-08-2007, 16:31
Looks fine to me although I wouldn't have the units that big. Maybe take ten out of each and make a new unit.

Plus you're O&G, how dare you not use 11 points!

afghanwhig
02-08-2007, 17:47
Drop the spears on the NG Units and go hand weapons. I like the big units, it is what I am using and have found the work great. Dropping the spears though saves you ~70 points which you could use to give your other shaman some dispell scrolls.

Personaly I like Squig Hoppers better for a smaller army and I would drop the chariot for spider riders instead. I would also get 2 pump wagons for the same price of the doom diver.

Tyrannosauridae
02-08-2007, 20:20
I would like to start by saying thank you for the advice, and now on to the questions. Do you think that without the spears the gobbo's will be able to stand up to a charge? Also I am curious why the spider riders instead of the chariot, as in what purpose would they serve?

afghanwhig
02-08-2007, 20:43
With the spider riders you can pass through terrain a bit better and hopefully charge problem units before they can get to you. This should hold up your opponent and let your gobbos charge them. With 35 gobbos in a unit I usually do not worry about charges and even when they do they have to pause and wait for the fanatic to resolve.

winter has ended
02-08-2007, 21:10
id say drop the doom diver as its not a templat so you have to actually hit which is a lot harder, try sneaky staff of stealin to get more dispel dice, drop spears, give them a champion, make the units of 30, maybe get a stone thrower

Tyrannosauridae
02-08-2007, 22:58
Do the fanatic kills count for combat resolution?

winter has ended
02-08-2007, 23:02
no as fanatics are not realeased in combat but when you get withn 8" so this tends to be the moving phase and are resolvred as shooting attacks

Da Black Gobbo
02-08-2007, 23:56
I think your army is just great, i see only a few problems, lidership will hurt you, only 6, you can try to fix a little boss to give him the Horn, and get a Magic Moshroom for one of your shammans and then having ld 7 and a little boost in CC for one of your units. wolf chariot is great to flank the same with the squigherds. Just wish you goodluck

Tyrannosauridae
03-08-2007, 00:35
The original thought that I had was to make this army defensive, thusly the spears, doomdriver, and spear chukka's. I was thinking that I could out shoot/magic most enemy's (do tell me if I am wrong). I would then proceed to take there charge and (hopefully) hold my ground so that my hard hitters could take out their flanks.

It seems however that afghanwhig, and winter has ended feel that I should be on the offensive. Am I correct? If so why? It seems to me (and maybe incorrectly) that Night Gobbos are a more defensive force.

On a note aside I would like to thank Malorian, Da Black Gobbo, afghanwhig, and winter has ended for all the good advice. It seems as if the former are on the same page as me (the reason for the lack of questions) and the latter for making me think about my gobbo's in a different light.

Khorghan
03-08-2007, 01:16
Looks fine to me although I wouldn't have the units that big. Maybe take ten out of each and make a new unit.

Plus you're O&G, how dare you not use 11 points!

Keep the big units, with NG the bigger the better 2 units of 25 and 1 of 20 definatly isnt enough.

I agree with the 11 points however, find a place for it!

Tyrannosauridae
04-08-2007, 09:44
HQ

Night Goblin Shaman 125pts
Lv 2, The Horn of Urgok

Night Goblin Shaman 110pts
Lv 2, Dispel scroll

Core Units

35 Night Goblins 160pts (+50)
Netters, Boss, Musician, Standard bearer, 2 Fanatics

35 Night Goblins 160pts (+50)
Netters, Boss, Musician, Standard bearer, 2 Fanatics

Special Units

4 Squig Herds 120pts

2 Spear Chukkas 70pts

Wolf Chariot 60pts Or 5 Squig hoppers 75pts

Rare Units

Goblin Doom Driver Catapult 80pts

Total: 985pts Or 1000pts

What do you guys think now, with the revisions?