PDA

View Full Version : first time slaanesh army 1000 points

winter has ended
02-08-2007, 21:35
all views welcome, i will probally be playing a slaanesh cult army of dark elves and magic heavy armies

exalted champion of chaos - shield, armour of damnation, pendant of slaanesh, mark of slaanesh =172

sorcerer of chaos - mark of slaanesh, lv2, skull of katam = 190

sorcerer of chaos - mark of slaanesh, lv 2 = 140

20 marauders of chaos - light armour, shield, full comand = 165

6 marauder horsemen - spears, shield, champion = 92

10 daemonettes = 150

10 warhounds of chaos = 60

total is 969 points

feel free to change the army to khorne etc, just need some help lol

Tuch
02-08-2007, 23:37
Just a few quick things,
Split the warhounds into 2 units of 5,
Swap the 10 Daemonettes for 5 Mounted Daemonettes (20 march fast calvary is awesome),
Mount the general for no other reason than a +2 to armor save and give him a flail for +2 strength on 1st round of combat,
and equip the marauder horsemen with flails and a musician only.

winter has ended
03-08-2007, 06:24
ok then thanks, so where are the rules for mounted daemonettes?

Belerophon709
03-08-2007, 07:30
Rules for mounted daemonettes can be found on the GW-site, more precisely here:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/hordesofchaos/mtd-daemonettes/1/

winter has ended
03-08-2007, 07:53
thanks, hope i can actually defeat magic heavy armies with thi since it is a very small army, or is that just me being used to orcs lol

Tuch
03-08-2007, 12:30
I've personally find it hard to make magic viable with Slaanesh at 1000 points mainly do to the cost of chaos spell casters, even if using bray shaman. It is probably better to go with a single level 1 spell caster with 2 dispel scrolls though I must admit I'm not a fan of such characters.
With the points saved I'd drop the Marauder footmen and pick up a unit of 5 Chaos Knight. If you have the points to make them Chosen they should have enough support from both the Mounted Daemonettes and Marauder Horsemen to demolish most anything that can be thrown at them in a 1k game. Just be sure to screen them with the warhounds.

winter has ended
03-08-2007, 17:47
so should i make the army have a different mark?

Tuch
04-08-2007, 05:50
If you like Slaanesh play Slaanesh, I do, even at 1k, I just bite the bullet on spell casting and either hope for the best or spend points on the dreadful caddy sink. But if you want to be casting spells instead of just defending against them Tzeentch may be an easier option, but their lords cost even more. If you only wish to be defensive then go with Khorne for the extra dispel dice, then you wont need the scroll caddy at all and will be almost just as effective.

Slaanesh is a good faction IMHO. They are immune to psyche so they are better than Tzeentch in that matter and they cannot be lead around like Khorne, though they don't get the extra attack. I really have no experience with Nurgle but I know marks on their units really need you to outnumber your enemy to be taken full advantage of. Something that is usually difficult with Chaos due to the point sink to do so.

BTW at 1500 points Slaanesh magic becomes fairly good. I take 2 Bray Shaman, one with a power familiar and the other with a spell familiar and a power stone, then I equip my mounted hero with a book of secrets. It's really nice at 1.5 to have 8 power dice and 6 dispel and so far has worked really well for me.

In my limited experience (I've only been back into the game for a year now after an almost 15 year laps) this is really the most I think I can help you with. Others here I have no doubt could help you more where I leave off.

Good Luck
Tuch

_Lucian_
04-08-2007, 09:08
id give the maruader horsemen flails, the shields wont help you against enemy shooting (most is S4 so a 5+ save isnt worth much). however the flails will make you exactly the same offensive capability as empire,elf knights.... nothing to be sniffed at for an extra 5 points.

I love fast cavalry and imo its better to have 2 units of 5 marauder cav than 1 unit of mounted deamonettes. the deamonettes cant flee as a charge response (being immune to physcology) which means they loose one of the greatest benefits of fast cavalary..... 2 maruders can do the job better and provide more options for your already small army.

Maybe drop the pendant of slaanesh in favour of a dispel scroll... tbh the pendant isnt brilliant on 2 wounds characters, however the dispel scroll could save you a particular nasty spell which could arise.

Apart from that have you thought about tactics yet? all your characters are on foot, which means they will have to join the marauders, once more thats an eggs in 1 basket which could be ruined by 1 combat

W0lf
04-08-2007, 09:23
exalted champion of chaos - shield, armour of damnation, barded Steed, mark of slaanesh =168

sorcerer of chaos - mark of slaanesh, lv2, skull of katam = 190

sorcerer of chaos - mark of slaanesh, lv 2 = 140

30 marauders of chaos - light armour, shield, full comand = 235

5 marauder horsemen - Flails, Musician = 81

5 mounted daemonettes = 150

6 warhounds of chaos = 36

1000 pts exactly. I tried to keep it very similar to what you have whilst making minor improvements.

If i was to change the mark:

Heros - 491 pts
Exalted Champion
MoT, Helm of many eyes, Great weapon, Dispel Scroll
224 pts (Joins the marauders)

Exalted Champion
MoT, Disc of Tzeentch, Eye of Tzeentch, Sword of might, Shield
267 pts

Core - 346 pts
30 marauders of chaos
light armour, shield, full comand
235 pts

5 marauder horsemen
Flails, Musician
81 pts

5 Warhounds
30 pts

Special - 165 pts
5 Screamers of Tzeentch
165 pts

1002 Pts.

Has some flyiers and the 2 Exalteds give solid magic + Combat skills.

winter has ended
04-08-2007, 09:26
well i was thnking about mounting the lord, but seeing what people have said it seems i should go khorne because the enemys tend to be magic heavy, skaven, DE etc , but at the moment mount the lord, put one sorcerer in the unit and the other in some woods and that list looks nice indeed lol ty

W0lf
04-08-2007, 09:34
i should go khorne because the enemys tend to be magic heavy,

bah. Khorne dont have any magic.. id rather fight magic with magic then hide behind dispel dice.

I like the tzeentch list :P

winter has ended
04-08-2007, 09:37
ok then ill go with that, so erm how would i use it?

W0lf
04-08-2007, 09:41
Exalted hides behind a unit as he can cast over and not be charged. He can also make use of the fact he can fly over troops to get in flanking/rear postions.

If he hits a unit at the same time as the marauders they will be in trouble.

The warhounds can block chargers and LOS. good for baiting.

Marauder horsmen are for baiting and flank charges for removing rank bonuses.

Screamers kill warmachines and or charge units and direct their attacks at enemy wizards (character assains)

At 5 they can also remove ranks from flank charges.

_Lucian_
04-08-2007, 09:47
btw the disc of tzeentch coutns as a large target for line of sight, eg he CAN be shot at behind the unit... so dont leave him there. Allso NEVER put a ld8 character with a item which makes him stupid.... firstly he cant re-roll it like undivided can, secondly if he fails he cant cast spells, thirdly if he fails the unit cant do anything..... bad choice IMO

also the army is far too small. having only 4 units 2 of whiche can be shot to pieces by bows is a bad idea... i would say stick with the slaanesh one its better

W0lf
04-08-2007, 09:48
for LOS ONLY.

not for targeting ;)

_Lucian_
04-08-2007, 09:50
im not sure what your trying say here.... if you can be seen, you can be shot at? he doesnt count as a large target for gaining the +1 bonus thats all.... ive never seen it played differently?

W0lf
04-08-2007, 09:58
I pretty sure he can be seen but not shot at???

anyway it dosnt matter as he has a 3+ ward save and he deff cant be charged through a unit :P

_Lucian_
04-08-2007, 10:05
true he cant be charged but even a 3+ is no garuntee against a cannon, which could go through unit and him in 1 shot. discs are aswome but you have to hide them well and use the guy on top as a unit in itself (eg gaurding flanks etc). i still think the wizard on foot is abit dangerous and the slaanesh army is more tacitcally flexible

W0lf
04-08-2007, 18:33
its a diffrence of oppinion. I myself am a fan of the changer of ways ;)