PDA

View Full Version : ogre kingdoms 2k point

DARKsoulx
23-08-2005, 07:43
i just bought some OK models so i didt get to test any thing yet. played to games so far 750 point vs HE and VC lost all models vs HE and killed all models vs VC.

this is the 2k point list i been thinking about

tyrant
kineater, deamon killer scars, bull gut. 2 sword gnoblars, 1 luck gnoblar.
this guy will have a 2+ save in combat cause terror and have a US of 6 when he charge so he can negate ranks. also he make all ogre within reroll panis test.

butcher
hellheart
hellheart will give me one turn where my enemy dos not dare to cast spells.

butcher
bangstick
well same as one extra powerdice.

4 ogres, light armor, iron fist

4 iron guts

4 iron guts

20 gnoblars

20 gnoblars
a must have to trick out fanatics or sacrafice in any other way.

scraplauncha

scraplauncha

gorger

maneater, catayan longsword,
think the catha sword is very good its importent with the ws and in so that i can attack first in every combat and kill some ppl so theres less attacks backa gainst his weak armor save.

personal i feel there might be to few ogres.
might have to drop a scraplauncha to get more.
also im prolly dropping 1 ogre from to of the units and throw in a the butchers. should give me one more unit that way.

feel free to say what ever you want about it. if you think im all the way off pls let me see a list so i can get a idea of what works.

nurgle_boy
23-08-2005, 08:11
first off, start typing full words, 'ppl' and 'pls' are frowned apon a bit in the forums. type full words, as there are people from other parts of the world who may not aunderstand the abbreviations.

as for the list, straight off, how does the tyrant get a 2+save? heavy armour and bullgut gives a 4+, and what weapons does he have?

the butcher can only take one hellheart. you can only take one of one kind of magic item, so no giving all you characters some uber weapon of death...

the second butcher, grants 2 powerdice, and am i right in saying the bangstick contains a magic missle? is it bound or not?

the ogre units are small. very small... you cant really rely on one of them to take a unit on theyre own, with only str4, most enemies, light armour and shield, will get a 5+ save still, and the number of attacks isnt particularly enough anyway, as no doubt the enemy unit will have 3 ranks, standard and outnumber for a basic combat res of 5.

you need either bigger units, or a whole ton of tactics and manuvering to win with them.

the gnoblars are ok, but wont do much at all apart from be antispeedbumps, so the enemy advances faster.
for fanatics, yes they work, but they move slower than the ogres, and only one fanatic need head toward the unit.

the scraplaunches are a good choice, although like anywarmachine there are misfires and the like. and against some things, a str3 shot isnt going to cause much hurt.

for rare, either drop a gorger and take another maneater, or drop a maneater for another gorger. a lone maneater will get killed and fast! same goes for a lone gorger.

well, just my 2 cents..

NB.

DARKsoulx
23-08-2005, 09:19
as for the list, straight off, how does the tyrant get a 2+save? heavy armour and bullgut gives a 4+, and what weapons does he have
^^
he has a shield and a hand weapon giving him 2+ save

the butcher can only take one hellheart. you can only take one of one kind of magic item, so no giving all you characters some uber weapon of death...
^^ well he only has one hellheart i just explain why i took it.

he second butcher, grants 2 powerdice, and am i right in saying the bangstick contains a magic missle? is it bound or not?
^^he does grant 2 powerdie, and it is a bound spell. but after turn one where i use the bound spell my enemy will have to save one dispell dice to get rid of the bound spell so in that way it works as another powerdice.

the ogre units are small. very small... you cant really rely on one of them to take a unit on theyre own, with only str4, most enemies, light armour and shield, will get a 5+ save still, and the number of attacks isnt particularly enough anyway, as no doubt the enemy unit will have 3 ranks, standard and outnumber for a basic combat res of 5
^^
the thing with ogres is that they are very expensive to build up in units, i think you get alot more power if you have 2 units of 4 instead of one unit of 8. also they have ogre clubs give a -1 to save so if the enemy only have shield and LA he has 5+ save and after s4 and armor pircing he has no save.

and with 2 butcher i should be able to power up the units that need it for fighting.

the scraplaunches are a good choice, although like anywarmachine there are misfires and the like. and against some things, a str3 shot isnt going to cause much hurt.
^^ true but they also have killing blow wich should be to some use. also the scraplauncha are very powerfull chariots. with 6s2 attacks, 3s5 attacks and 1d6 s5 attacks. should really add some power if they charge together with some ogres or even alone.

for rare, either drop a gorger and take another maneater, or drop a maneater for another gorger. a lone maneater will get killed and fast! same goes for a lone gorger.
^^ yea a lone maneater might not be such good idea, but the gorger can hold its own remeber it enters from a table edge so i dont control when they enter and they might not enter in same turn so relly no difference in on or two since they cant group up.

samw
24-08-2005, 22:04
Longstrider is better on your tyrant if he's ggot the bull gut. Wyrdstone necklace seems to be another common item, wards are essential if he's wandering on his own.

Shuya
24-08-2005, 22:23
tyrant
kineater, deamon killer scars, bull gut. 2 sword gnoblars, 1 luck gnoblar.
this guy will have a 2+ save in combat cause terror and have a US of 6 when he charge so he can negate ranks. also he make all ogre within reroll panis test.

Heavy Armour is 5 + Bullgut is 4 + Ironfist is 3 sure its rerollable but meh.
Go for the Heavy Wepon isntead of Ironfist and club. Ironfists are hardly usefull because what would you want in combat +1 save or +1 attack. Everyone goes for an attack because ogres want to cause casulties not provent them.

Remove the sword gnoblars. And the kin eater, Give him longstrider instead. And Terror isnt that good when you cause fear anyway go for Laurels to give you some protection

butcher
hellheart
hellheart will give me one turn wher de my enemyos not dare to cast spells.

butcher
bangstick
well same as one extra powerdice.

Hmm i like the bangstick but i would take Skull mantle instead of Hellhart. And give them dispell scrolls.

4 iron guts

4 iron guts

Everything will outnumber you and it wont be pretty. And dont take lightarmour most people agree No armour at all is best. And like i said before 2 hand wepons instead of ironfist. In my Battles i havent once used them as ironfists. Because if somthing scares you into using it will probably be strengh 5+ so armour does?

20 gnoblars

20 gnoblars
a must have to trick out fanatics or sacrafice in any other way.

You need some trappers.

scraplauncha

scraplauncha

gorger

Hmmm unpredictable units but I like them so go with that, just dont be upset if you get to turn 4 with no gorger.

maneater, catayan longsword,
think the catha sword is very good its importent with the ws and in so that i can attack first in every combat and kill some ppl so theres less attacks backa gainst his weak armor save.

Hmmm i dont think maneaters are effective on there own in larger games. Sure there stubbon but like you said low Armour saves. I reccomend a block of Cathayn Longsword. Great Wepon. Cathayan Longsword. To do as youve said. Kill of some people before they attack back. And then Crush them with a Great wepon :D

This is All imho, but in my battles i have been Completly tronced buy Chaos armour and Dragonhide Arrows >.<

Cpt. Drill
24-08-2005, 22:27
also he make all ogre within reroll panis test.

yup those penis tests, their killers!

I respect your army even though you have gnoblars...

You may have maxed out on redundant junk though, which all looks pretty but has no real use... and how does your leader get a 2+ save

samw
25-08-2005, 03:03
I think he means in combat. HW&S bonus.

fubukii
25-08-2005, 06:24
make the gnoblar units larger to 25 so they last longer

DARKsoulx
25-08-2005, 21:25
this looks better?

tyrant
kineater, deamon killer scars, bull gut. great weapon
^^
i really want the kineater for reroll in the few games i played so far i been needing this. also the terror does alot more the fear cuz it makes ppl run instead of not hit and it targets all within range and not just ppl in combat with hÝm. also i see the point in no save and just killing with great weapon. still bull gut for negating ranks.

butcher bangstick, dispell scroll. goes into iron guts or ogre bulls.

butcher. hellheart. goes into iron guts or ogre bulls.
^^
still got hellheart it is much better then dispell after i tell m oppent that every double is miscast and show him my miscast table he will not cast spells that turn. should be real good, still have to try it in practice tho. if it turns out to suck im all in for skullmantle seems real nice, also witht he panic test spell.

3 ogre bulls butcher extra hand weapon
4 ogre bulls extra hand weapon
^^
dropped all saves for more attacks. see the logic with never using my save unless they have high str and then its useless.

3 ironguts. butcher.
4 iron guts.

scraplauncha
scraplauncha
^^
im gonna use them more as chariots then warmachines. the move and fire sounds very nice.

3 maneaters 2 with cath longswords. 1 with great weapon.

gorger

20 gnoblars

8 gnoblar trappers.
^^ added should work good for stoping marching. and if im lucky mage hunting.

comments on new one?

Akuma
25-08-2005, 22:15
2 scraps 1 gnoblars

Cpt. Drill
26-08-2005, 01:30
A very manly force if i may say so!

The unit of maneaters you have gone for is an awsome investment, they are able to handle anything!

one thing i may change if i was you! if you want to use your scraplaunchers as shock troops you would do better to take two bull rhinox! they do the job for cheaper and better! and with the spare poinrs upgrade a unit of bulls to iron guts as they are infinatly better!