PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh 2000pts - by a chaos newb

Brush your teeth
03-08-2007, 11:30
Ok, well been looking for a new fantasy army to start, and Slaanesh chaos took my facny, now never having played as or against chaos i thought i'd look for some help on the list.

Slaanesh 2000pts, attempt No.1

Exalted champion
Mark of Slaanesh
Bezerker sword
Enchanted Shield
Steed of Slaanesh
210pts

Sorcerer
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
140pts

Sorcerer
Mark of Slaanesh
Level 2
140pts

20 marauders
Light armour
Shields
Full command
Mark of Slaanesh
185pts

20 marauders
Light armour
Shields
Full command
Mark of Slaanesh
185pts

15 warriors
Shields
Full command
Mark of Slaanesh
275pts

15 warriors
Shields
Full command
Mark of Slaanesh
275pts

5 marauder horsemen
Musician
Flails
Mark of Slaanesh
101pts

5 knights
Full command
Mark of Slaanesh
235pts

Chariot
Mark of slaanesh
130pts

Chariot
Mark of slaanesh
130pts

2006pts - 6pts over, what to drop?

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers, BYT

daemonkin
03-08-2007, 12:13
Marauders cannot have marks unfortunately!

Good strong core blocks of marauders.
Bump the knights to 6 to get Slaanesh's blessing and drop a block of marauders or combine to get 3 20 strong blocks.

Have you tried warhounds? I like them a lot.

I equip my lord with:
Great Weapon
Helm Many Eyes
to get S7 always strike first
or
Pendant of Slaanesh
Blade of Blood

for extra attacks and wounds.

D.

athamas
03-08-2007, 12:50
as noted Marauders = no marks

dont put marks on slaaneshi chariots... they will not be alte to flee, etc.. and they dont really need it anyway..

your warriors will not kill enough, they need 2hw, and should be droped to 12 models for 6*2 and used as flanking units,

your Exalted champion in steed will be running off on his own, and thus get killed/broken very easily.. drop the mount and stuick him in a unit of marauders, or take more mounted stuff..

give your sorcerers the spell familier and power familier, it gives you more dice, and a better chance of getting a really good spell..

Kerill
03-08-2007, 13:08
Well warriors are generally not too popular, especially two units, drop them to 12 as suggested and consider dropping one altogether. Also the war banner and rapturous standard might be worth fitting in.

Slaanesh magic is great but your magic is too middle of the road to accomplish anything much. Either get an exalted with a power familiar or drop one and get him a fistful of dispel scrolls.

Brush your teeth
04-08-2007, 17:29
cheers for the comments and advice guys, ill work on the list and try and post a revised version up soon :)