PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Empire army looking for new ideas

kris.sherriff
03-08-2007, 18:24
Hi all,
Having been played empire for a while now I have had a lot of sucsess in lower points with a mobile gunline and a balanced list at 2000 points.
The 1000 point list was quite powerfull but is not really to my taste for larger games. My 2000 point list worked quite well and if I played well I would normaly win but when I tried to step up from playing my friendlier opponants to the local powergamers it didn't really cut it.
I have come up with two new 2000 point lists but am not sure which to take or if they will work. I really like the first list I made so I will post that one first.

It was an idea I had supprise my mate who plays a SAD skaven army with bell.

General of the Empire @ 410 Pts
Lance; Pistol; Full Plate Armor; Shield
Griffon
Holy Relic
Laurels of Victory

Captain of the Empire @ 168 Pts
Lance; Pistol; Full Plate Armor
Pegasus
Enchanted Shield
Aldred's Casket of Sorcery

Captain of the Empire (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 197 Pts
Warhorse with barding; Full Plate Armor; Battle Standard Bearer
Imperial Banner

Battle Wizard @ 115 Pts
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll
Will normaly take The Bear's Anger

9 Knightly Orders @ 247 Pts
Mus; Std; Preceptor

25 Swordsmen @ 220 Pts
Mus; Std; Duellist
9 [Det] Free Company

25 Halberdiers @ 199 Pts
Mus; Std; Sergeant
9 [Det] Swordsmen

20 Greatswords @ 284 Pts
Mus; Std; Hand Weapon; Count's Champion
9 [Det] Swordsmen

15 Flagellant Warband @ 160 Pts
Prophet of Doom

I have actualy used this army once agains the SAD skaven and would have had a solid victory if he hadnt rolled really well for the bell everytime he rang it. Oh well you can't fight the dice.
So what do you all think of this style of list in genaral and do you think it could work on a smaller table? (I played it on a 6*4 but in the local GW they only have 4*4)

Lucky24/7
03-08-2007, 18:34
Erm only one point, being a griffon with only 4 wounds (off the top of my head) and is a large target with no armour save and a relativly low toughness (only 5 i think) it is going to go pop against most guns turn 2 or go into combat against a decent combat tooled hero and go pop... better points spent else where ( like a barbed steed makes him 7" movement and +2 to your armour all at a cheap 21 points :D)

Lucky24/7
03-08-2007, 18:35
Oh and imprieal abnner is not worth the points till 3-4k games .... jsut dont bother

_Lucian_
03-08-2007, 18:48
griffons are actually awsome if you have some nice terrain to hop behind, id think of aldreds casket of scorcery to help augment your lonely lvl2(the laurels arent overly worth it unless you hope to charge in the front of a unit but id leave that for knights). but i agree that the imperial banner isnt worth much, i personally dont field halberdiers in large units favoring swordsmen and the detachments as halberdiers instead. how does it work? mine always get shot to pieces or butchered

kris.sherriff
03-08-2007, 18:49
I don't plan on landing in front of any guns with the griffon and he is not designed to fight charicters he is designed to get flank charges and smash rank and file troops.
I was not sure about the imperial banner but with my abbility to fail any Ld9 tests I have to take a re-roll on everything seemed really good. I was contomplating the banner to make his unit stubborn instead.
Kris