PDA

View Full Version : Strigoi warband

Ister Flersson
03-08-2007, 19:29
I've been tweaking this idea in my head for a few days, and come up with some rules for strigoi warbands in Mordheim. Please tell me what you think, are they over/underpowered, additional ideas. C&C please

They use the same equipment list as basic Undead warbands

Heroes
Strigoi Vampire.
As von Carstein, with the following modifications: +1 max A, -1 max Ld, Hatred, may not use weapons or armour. May purchase up to 2 mutations in the same way as a possessed from the following list:
Fly, flying move of 12 inches, 100gc
Massive, +1 T, +1 max T, 80gc
Claws, counts as having 1 sword (parry, bladed weapon) 20gc
Regeneration, regenerate 1W on the roll of 4+ in each recovery phase, 75gc
Uses the same skill tables as von Carstein, plus the following special skill:
20xp

Special skills:
Cannibalism: If the model starts its turn in base contact with a stunned model (friend or foe), and is not in close combat or knocked down/stunned, it may consume it to immediately regain one lost wound. The model may do nothing for the rest of the turn. The consumed model is immediately taken out of action.

0-1 Charnel Guard 50gc
Ghoul-hero with +1WS,
May choose from combat, strenght, speed and special skill tables.
8xp

0-2 Domnu 25gc
Basic humans
Speed, combat shooting skill tables.
0xp

Ghoul Hag 45gc
Ghoul with 1 attack knowing one spell from Hexes~Charms list
Academic skills.

Henchmen
Ghouls, 40gc
As in Undead warbands.

Strigany, 25gc
Basic humans

Deng Ham
03-08-2007, 19:47
Sound like an interesting list.
Have you gameplayed it to any degree. To determin if the prize is acurate?

I miss some more henchmen. What about Bat's (know they fitt more into the von Carstain list.) Werwolfs. Some type of spawn. Maybe a shooting unit of sorts, like a baneshee.

What is the cost of a vampire? All I see are the cost for mutations upgrade.

Ister Flersson
03-08-2007, 20:21
I have not yet playtested it, though i probably will on sunday.

Vampires cost is the same as von Carsteins, 110gc.
They do have shooting units, the strigany and domnu can take bows and long bows, as well as shooting skills.
Perhaps a bat swarm or something similar. Werewolves seem to be von Carsteins teritory (wolf form, summon dire wolves etc.) and banshees don't really fit in with the rest of the group. Plus, ethereal in Mordheim would either have to be seriously nerfed, or be overpowered.

Deng Ham
04-08-2007, 12:40
...and banshees don't really fit in with the rest of the group. Plus, ethereal in Mordheim would either have to be seriously nerfed, or be overpowered.
I was not thinking of a VC baneshee. Sorry for not specifying it.
I was thining of a hag of some sorts. That did have the baneshee howl shooting attack. But was mortal in all other aspects of the game.