PDA

View Full Version : My Chaos 2k ~ Slannesh

_Lucian_
03-08-2007, 18:40
Heres the list ive settled on after 2 years of play testing, i was hoping for some feedback as im still not sure about beastlord idea but struggle to get some more ooomph into my army for his points..... please feel free to comment but PLEASE REMEMBER this is a COMPETITIVE LIST!!! i have 8 armies and this is the only one i get bearded in so dont jump the guns about cheese its in there for a reason.

Lords & Heroes

Beastlord (95)
Heavy Armour (6) Great Weapon (6) Shield (3)
Horn of the Great Hunt (30) ~ gives +1 to all ambush attempts
*rides chariot* - 137pts

Bray-Shaman (75)
lvl2 upgrade (35)
Dispel Scroll (25) Dispel Scroll (25) - 160pts

Bray-Shaman (75)
lvl2 upgrade (35)
Staff of Darkoth (25) ~ Movement spell
Power Stone (25) - 160pts

Exalted Champion of Chaos (100)
Mark of Slaanesh (25)
Rending Sword (40) ~ D3 wound weapon
Barded Steed (16) Shield (2) - 178pts

Core

Beastherd
5 Gors (35) ~ additional weapons
5 Ungors (20)
Foe-render (20) - 75pts

Beastherd
5 Gors (35) ~ additional weapons
5 Ungors (20)
Foe-render (20) -75pts

5 Chaos Hounds (30)

5 Chaos Hounds (30)

Tuskgor Chariot (85)

Tuskgor Chariot (85)

Special

5 Chosen Knights of Chaos (225)
Full Command (50)
Mark of Slaanesh (20)
Rapturous Standard (50) ~ Halves WS & I of opponents in base contact
- 345pts

4 Minataurs (160)
Mark of Chaos Undivided (0)
Great Weapons (24) - 184pts

5 Marauder Horsemen (65)
Spears (5) -70pts

5 Furies (75)

Rare

4 Dragon Ogres (280)
Additional Weapons (16)
Light Armour (12) -308pts

TOTAL: 2000pts
PD~ 6, DD~ 4, DS~ 2, PS~ 1

Units Total: 11
Core: 6
Special: 4
Rare: 1

TACTICS

Both beastherds ambush, the bray-shaman with staff of darkoth joins 1. army rushes upon opponent with fast disposable troops (hounds, maruder, furies & minataurs) while D.Ogres and Chosen Knights set up charges to combine with ambushing troops. Chariots gaurd inner flanks of D.Ogres and Chosen. So far ive only lost 3 times, once to an old version gobbo magic/fanatic army of doom, once to the "dwarf slayer" variant (most my army is S5 so gave him 10 points for every slayer i killed) and once to tombkings (some unlucky fear tests of herds and over whelming magic moving)

athamas
03-08-2007, 20:39
looks like a very competative list... not much i can fault you on, and nothing to change without making major changes to the whole army...

theunwantedbeing
03-08-2007, 20:57
Maybe swap the rapturous standard for something else....not a clue what though.
War banner?
banner of wrath?
Flesh banner?

Myabe give your exaulted champion a slightly different setup.
Berserker sword or the ignore saves thing perhaps....

Good army though,cant really fault it.
Only sugguest those 2 minor changes.

winter has ended
03-08-2007, 21:07
the only problem i can see is the lack of dispel and power dice, seems like you wont get many spells of at all

athamas
03-08-2007, 22:22
actually i find that i end up casting most spells with 3 PD anyway, so unles she takes somethings that will give him 3 more, there is little use,

and chaos is firly resilient to alot of magic...

the flesh banner is useful if you are going to get charged by lots of small units... else not so much...

_Lucian_
04-08-2007, 08:53
well i toyed with the fleshbanner (small units which charge me are normally no match for the knights, and since it only works in my magic phase its not use then either) for a while however i tend to use the knights to take on the hardest units i come across, thats why they have the rapturous standard (helps them punch above there weight especially against large blocks of great swords, black orcs, iron breakers etc.... half WS greatly benefits my knights on this one, WS4 opponents become WS2 so even my chaos steeds hit on 3's). I am still unsure of the weapon for the exalted champion, the D3 wound weapon comes in very useful for challenges (overkill against rank and file) and pesky ironguts people use. I find the berserker blade is best used for characters on chariots/monstorous mounts.

Magic wise im ok for the first turn, and when the ambushin bray-shaman turns up things get abit better, the power stone help with the casting of a spell the opponent doesnt know about which is nice. The only armies magic hurts is when im facing a super magic army or against spells like "fury of forge" or "foot of gork".

still if you guy can work out a better choice for the beastlord on chariot let me know, ive been tempted to drop him in favour of a unit of hounds and centigor (keeping his chariot of course).

W0lf
04-08-2007, 09:37
I find the berserker blade is best used for characters on chariots/monstorous mounts

no no.. everyone knows the best use of the Beserker blade is when you put your lord on a chaos warmamoth and get 20+ more attacks when its surrounded (which it will be)

_Lucian_
04-08-2007, 09:41
no no.. everyone knows the best use of the Beserker blade is when you put your lord on a chaos warmamoth and get 20+ more attacks when its surrounded (which it will be)

Rofl totally agree except i dont own one :cries: and i hate marauders on foot lol