PDA

View Full Version : good 1000pts?

marneus54
04-08-2007, 00:45
dwarf lord-sheild bearers, master rune of skalf blackhammer, rune of stone, and master rune of spite- total 298

dragon slayer-master rune of Alric the mad, rune of cleaving(+1S), rune of speed(+1I)- total 125

10 thunderers-total 140

16 warriors- full command-total 153

18 ironbreakers-full command, Rune of courage-total 284

total-1000

In the rules for the tournement I am allowed to use 1 lord and 2 heroes for a 1000pt battle. Please any suggestions will be appreciated.

The Anarchist
04-08-2007, 15:29
hmmm intrsting that your allowd lord and two heroes. whilst this is good i think at 1000 points a Lord just isn't worth it, he is very unikly to get his points worth back, and especialy with Dwarfs they can be issolated or jsut ignored. so i would advise droping him and getting some magical defense (afterall someone might bring a lv 4 wizard and a lv.2 which would be very ouch)so get yourself a runesmith?
other than taht the list seems pretty solid though a bolt thrower might be a good idea if you can spare the points from somewhere.

RavenBloodwind
04-08-2007, 22:48
I concur with the Anarchist regarding the lord and his cost/utility.

Additionally, I find a lone slayer character to be nigh-on useless as he is very vulnerable to missile fire and magic.

I would entertain dropping both characters and taking the 'thane of pain' for your general, a runesmith and then if you feel you need a 3rd character a BSB or second thane.

Alternatively, if you feel you can't live without the slayer, put a unit of slayers in to soak up missile casualties for him.

Lastly, where's your artillery?!

Seriously, 2 bolt throwers and the thane of pain will be cheaper and a lot more useful than your current lord.

savage_&_proud_of_it
05-08-2007, 20:58
you can not take a lord in a 1000pts army i hope you mean a thane

marneus54
06-08-2007, 15:54
you can not take a lord in a 1000pts army i hope you mean a thane

Haha, if you read the whole thing i said for this battle i can take a lord and 2 heroes.

GreenSpeed
06-08-2007, 17:04
In my opinion the lord is way too expensive for a 1000pt battle..

I feel you dont have enough ranged attack to force your enemy to you. If you have to attack you may very easily be out manuavered by anyone.

At this level would not spend more than 200pts on characters. Take more artillery and more bodies.

The core of your army should be centered around your core troops, build around them not your characters.

Good luck to you though.

marneus54
07-08-2007, 01:32
Haha my lord owned. Not being arrogant, as i did take all your advice into account. But playing the ogres i completly ran them over. No one from the other side took lords. The lord and ironbreaker unit killed over 900 points. SICK!