PDA

View Full Version : Critique my Reiklander warband

Gutlord Grom
04-08-2007, 03:28
I'm new to Mordheim and I thought I'd use Reiklanders. I was wondering if I could get any advice om how use them from my starting list. Any advice on changes is great.

The list is as follows:

Mercenary Captain
Light Armor
great sword
free dagger
Champion
halberd
light armor
dueling pistol
free dagger
Swordmenx2
Swords
Bucklers
free dagger
Warriorsx4
Axe
free dagger
Marksmenx2
Mace
Pistol
free dagger
Youngblood
Mace
Free Dagger
GC left:11
Critique is welcome.

carik
07-08-2007, 14:35
Heroes: I wouldn't take any armour on anyone. It's too easily negated. Also, you should really be maxing out on heroes -- they're what make you money.

Captain: I dislike great weapons in MH -- always striking last is too much of a disadvantage.

Marksmen: I don't think marksmen can take pistols, can they?

The champion and the youngblood look pretty good to me, though... I'm fond of halberds, even though a lot of people seem to dislike them.

Ister Flersson
07-08-2007, 15:13
Marksmen CAN take pistols, but I would prefer crossbows or long bows on them. With their extra BS and a long range weapon they will usually be hitting on at least 4+. With pistols and a mace, they are equipped for close combat, but, frankly, you'd be better off with more swordsmen.

Quin 242
07-08-2007, 17:14
Skip the warriors and go all marksmen. Warriors are a last resort with this warband.. fill up on swordsmen and marksmen.

With longbows and a BS increase Marksmen will be your bread and butter.
Crossbows on these guys will keep folks in hiding as well.

Give bows to all your heroes for the option of a shot if it's there.

Lose all armor since it gets negated so easily and pistols are an expensive waste.

You should also get X2 swords on all your swordsmen for the extra attack w/ bonus.

ALWAYS fill up on heroes from the start to help with cash and to give them the max number of games to get Exp.