PDA

View Full Version : [1500] Khorne (relatively new to WFB)

Pooky
04-08-2007, 09:56
I'm looking to expand my 1000pt list to 1500pts. I'm still kinda new to WFB and I think I need to expand my army before I can learn more about tactics in the game. C & C always welcome.

Exhaulted Champ + MoK + Juggernaught + Berserker Sword + Enchanted Shield

Aspiring Champ + MoK + Enchanted Shield + Sword of Might

12 Warriors + Additional hand weapon + Full command + Mok

16 Marauders + Muso + Standard

16 Marauders + Muso + Standard

4 Knights + Chosen + MoK + Full command

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

8 Furies

Chariot + MoK

TOTAL 1464 (36pts spare)
DD 7

The plan was to have the marauders on either side of the warriors and the hounds in front. The Asp champ joins the warriors. The Ex champ joins the knights. The chariot would counter charge anything that hits the flanks.

_Lucian_
04-08-2007, 10:14
thats actually i very nice list. i would say make the furies 5, but another knight and then you have the option leaving the knights on their own to do some damage and the exalted to run amok

Neknoh
04-08-2007, 10:59
A decent list, however, you want more Marauders, at least four more in each unit, furthermore, they want a Full Command and Lightarmour and Shields as well, your Marauders are much too poorly equipped to be of any use at the moment

theunwantedbeing
04-08-2007, 11:17
Nice how the previous 2 posters missed his illegal use of 2 enchanted sheilds.....

The general is very good,decent save as well.
Your second character is fine,apart from the illegal enchanted sheild of course,swap for a regular sheild.Giving him a halberd and making him a normal exaulted champion keeps him to the same sort of cost but grants him additional weaponskill and attacks.

The different between an exaulted and an aspiring is that the exaulted is hit on a 5+ by ws3 troops,the aspiring is hit on a 4+ by the same troops,plus the exaulted has an additional attack and higher initiutive.

You could give your warriors halbeards and sheilds instead of extra hand weapons.
I know its an attack less per warrior but at a greater strength plus you get more resistance to shooting with your sheild.

I personally dont like using chosen knights,im assuming your general goes with them.
You could easily get away with removing the chosen status,adding a war banner and increasing the number of knights to 6.
Granting you the same number of attacks but at a greater unit strength,and giving you a greater static combat resolution.

With your spare points I'de advise giving your maruaders something to help them live a bit longer.
ie. light armour and sheilds.
It'll cost your 32pts per unit,you can free up enough points for that as the list is by simply dropping 2 furies.

Pooky
04-08-2007, 11:18
Thanks for the compliments on the list...

With full command for the marauders, is the extra attack at the points it costs for a cheiftan worth it? I didn't think that an extra attack at St3 was worth it.

Also there is only 16 in each squad because that's how many that come in a box :)

Neknoh
04-08-2007, 11:29
No, the extra attack is not worth it

The abillity to challenge a monster lord with Seventy attacks and have the champion take the whole of it is. He can also accept challenges which your Exalted Champion migh face, thus allowing for your exalted to hack away at the enemy unit rather than a unit champion

EDIT: Then build Unit Fillers on 50mm bases or order 2 Marauder Sprews.. btw, it's called Unit in fantasy :p

Pooky
04-08-2007, 11:41
No, the extra attack is not worth it

The abillity to challenge a monster lord with Seventy attacks and have the champion take the whole of it is. He can also accept challenges which your Exalted Champion migh face, thus allowing for your exalted to hack away at the enemy unit rather than a unit champion

EDIT: Then build Unit Fillers on 50mm bases or order 2 Marauder Sprews.. btw, it's called Unit in fantasy :p

seems kinda un-khorne like for my champ to not go headlong into the enemy hero, but tactics is tactics...

Also, me using "squad" looks like I'm showing my 40k influence ^_^

Neknoh
04-08-2007, 12:09
I was more meaning to not fighting an enemy unit champion because of him simply not beeing a worthy foe if you go for warrior poet version with martial pride and all.

If you go simply for the "Blood for the bloodgod, skulls for the throne of Khorne! Crash, kill, maim, burn!" approach, then it's much more sensible that he'd want to take out more foes than just one.

Neither of which is un-khorny.

As for the champion accepting a challenge, he wants to proove his worth and be elavated to Chaos warrior... unless he's killed :p

logan054
04-08-2007, 16:49
Personally i would make a few changes to this list

1) you exalted, i would put him on a normal steed for a 1+ save, give him gaze of the gods and sword of might or flail.

2) the only reason for aspiring champion is to have a BSB, other than its better to pay the extra 20 points for all them nice stat increases, after that i would go for armour of damantion and great weapon or halberd.

3) those chaos warriors are far beter of with halberds and i would use a unit of 15 with warbanner, so much more effective in combat (strength 5 over lots of strength 4 attacks make a huge difference).

4) i would drop the chosen on the knights, get a extra guy, now your general gets look out sir against cannon balls and your hits arnt dont randomly among the unit.

5) drop the chariot, i have to say they are very hard to use right when marked, personally perfer minotaurs over chariots.

6) I would drop a unit of marauders and make the other unit bigger (25 with exalted)

7) i would use beast herds to screen my infantry, they actually last far longer than hounds and also help protect you against skirmisher and fliers

8) id also look at getting a spawn or two, these guys again give you that extra protection against scouts and fliers as they dont have a charge arc.

W0lf
04-08-2007, 18:31
I personally dont like using chosen knights,im assuming your general goes with them.
You could easily get away with removing the chosen status,adding a war banner and increasing the number of knights to 6.
Granting you the same number of attacks but at a greater unit strength,and giving you a greater static combat resolution.

did you not read this???

This is a brilliant idea that has 2 advantages and no disadvantages.

And the best use of the chieftan is that people will kill say 6 marauders but he will still attack back ;)

Pooky
05-08-2007, 22:07
Ok, here's the latest incarnation of my list. I need to scrath up some points to give my Champ on foot something decent other than just a sheild.

Exhaulted Champ + MoK + Juggernaught + Berserker Sword + Enchanted Shield

Exhaulted Champ + MoK + Shield

12 Warriors + Additional hand weapon + Full command + Mok

16 Marauders + Full command

Beast herd (12 Gors + 8 Ungors) + Full command

4 Knights + Chosen + MoK + Full command

8 Furies

Chariot + MoK

TOTAL 1504
DD 7