PDA

View Full Version : dark elf 2000 points

lector#1
04-08-2007, 13:29
ok guys i have figured out that im going to do dark elves even tho it goes against my hatred for elves but they a mean little people so i guess it cancels itself out
do any of you know of good army lists lead by a sorcerer for the dark elves
i was thinking of going 2 units of warriors with the crossbows 2 units with the spears level 4 sorcerer, level 2 sorcerer and a captain possibly a big unit of executions and a unit of dark riders and 2 bolt throwers im not sure how much points this is i dont have the book yet ill get it in 2 days when i go to gw any of you know of some army lists that seem to be like that or any pointers on how to play with an army like that^^^

theunwantedbeing
04-08-2007, 13:47
Sounds like a decent list.
Bolt throwers and dark riders are effectively manditory due to their usefulness.
A level 4 and a level 2 generally gives you plenty of magic,especially if you throw in the darkstar cloak and the seal of ghrond in to add a dice to each pool.

lector#1
04-08-2007, 14:34
um yeah i know with my level 4 wizard he will have the extra spell item and as many +1 to cast as possible but i think he is only alound 1 wich he already comes with. im not sure on weather i stick him on a coldone (wich will look like a raptor because i hate how the cold ones look) and stick him with the dark riders with cross bows. im still not sure because if i have him back with the crossbow warriors he will stay alive longer and if i have him on mount he will be able to get close and use steal soul and ill have a 6wound casting god running around =D im just not sure because i know nothing about dark elves.

do you knoe how many points that would come to the warrior and executioner squads will have full command the crossbow units wont and my lvl 2 sorcerer will have the full 50 points of magic items and my captain will just be cheap so that he can add some extra strength to the executioner unit

any other suggestions???

Jeppis
05-08-2007, 15:05
Make a scrollcaddy of the lvl 2 sorceress, giving her 2 dispel scrolls.

Full Command is fine to large (atlest 15-man) executioner units, that arent restricted to flank charges to do well.

I think Full Command isnt useful for warriors, unless youre REALLY desperate to make your army 2000p. CR is the weapon of Warriors, and 1 extra attack (the champion) is a waste of points.

Give musicants to Crossbowmen, so they can flee from a charge of some powerful unit, and then rally back easier. Give them also shields that not every unit can beat them at close combat.

Gimp
05-08-2007, 18:11
I made you a list using what you said you wanted in your army. You can do what ever you want with it.

Level 4 Sorceress+Soul Stone (stops them miscasts)+Ring of Darkness+Lifetaker(great to have a mage that can shot)

Level 2 Soceress+Seal of Ghrond+Darkstar Cloak (suppourt)

Noble+Blood Armour+Sea Dragon Cloak+Sowrd of Might

10 Warriors+crossbows

10 Warriors+crossbows

5 Dark Riders+Crossbows

5 Dark Riders+Crossbows

20 Warriors+Shields+full Command

20 Warriors+Shields+full Command

15 Executioners+Full Command

8 Shades+Blood Shade

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

Good Luck