PDA

View Full Version : question on kayvaan shrike of the raven guard

justatyranid
04-08-2007, 22:39
i was looking through the sm codex on the different special characters and Kayvaan Shrike got my eye. i was wondering if anyone else had used him in a battle and if so how did he perform? he seems that he might be quite good on paper anyway, however his veteran squad he can take does seem quite expensive at 51pts per model even if they do have lightning claws, krak/frag grenades and a jump pack. any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

Lostanddamned
04-08-2007, 22:45
The cost is perfectly reasonable for the wargear - a marine with Lightening Claws and A Jumpack would come to around 65-52pts, and then bear in mind that they also have the USRs Scout and Infiltrate - which means that in turn one they are 12"-6" away from your lines - with jump packs, and a pair of re-rolling hits & wounds, ignoring armour saves that don't even need to roll to wound on a 6 to hit weapons on the squad leader, with 4/5 attacks.

They are (on paper) ROCK! for their points.

Greatoliver
04-08-2007, 22:52
Well, infiltrate them right next to the most expensive squad your enemy has and watch it die!

You can't beat a stupidly large amount of lightning claw attacks.

(BTW, I haven't used him as I don't play SM but I bet he kicks donkey butt in the game!)

justatyranid
04-08-2007, 22:52
i was thinking of using him with his veteran squad in my next game but wanted to see what others thought of him, but your right he does ROCK!! on paper.

Randy
04-08-2007, 23:06
He does own - with scout you can ensure combat first turn even charging through cover.

Stealth means if they start in cover they can garuntee taking minimal losses.

Just be careful not to rely on rending too much.