PDA

View Full Version : first time Tzeentch

bluebugs
05-08-2007, 01:52
Okay, well here we go. Just check it out, give suggestions, you know, the usual.

Aspiring Champion-266
Tzeentch, Disc, Golden eye, shield, halbred, spell familiar

5 chaos knights - 205pts
Champion, Tzeench

20 marauders - 165
Light armor, shields, full command

7 chaos warhounds - 42pts

18 horrors - 270pts

Kerill
05-08-2007, 05:55
So 990 points? going for a 1000 point list I assume.

Well horrors are'nt going to perform the best in combat but if you want the bound spell that's fair enough. Still 16 might be enough anyway (same strength magic missile and saves you a few points.

So we have 40 points left- make the aspiring champion exalted for 20 points (the extra attack and Ws7 is worth it).

Not sure why 2 units of 7 warhounds is a great idea, minimum unit size is fine, if you can squeeze one more in you have 3 units of 5.

leaves us with 14 points then- you could drop the marauder musician and get a standard for the knights. Or keepo your two units of 7 and get a standard for 20 points anyway- you need to be able to break those enemy units and the +1CR will help. Leavbes us at exactly 1000 points

Other than that it seems a nice list to start off with, with a mixture of elements to play around with before deciding on what you want in a larger force.

So you will have a power 8 bound spell, 5 PD and 3 DD- not too bad for 1000 points I guess.

W0lf
05-08-2007, 14:30
Aspiring Champion-266
Tzeentch, Disc, Golden eye, shield, halbred, spell familiar

The disc + eye is a bit of a points sink at 1000 pts and the marauders really want a hero to insure they win combats. A unit of 20 marauders is a better meat sheild then the eye and a chariot ;)

I suggest:
Aspiring Champion - 167 pts
MoT, shield, spell familiar

Thats a hero for the marauders and 79 pts saved.

5 chaos knights - 205pts
Champion, Tzeentch

Good choice. However 6 wide gets maximum efficency, here im ganna try and squeeze in a hero.

20 marauders - 165

Drop to 19 + add champion for 5x4.

Saves 7 pts.

Drop one unit and make the other 6 strong (to screen the knights)

Saves 55 pts.

18 horrors - 270pts

As stated above. Make them 16.

Saves 30 pts.

Add mounted Exalted with shield and biting blade = 187 pts.

My list:

Aspiring Champion
MoT, shield, spell familiar
167 pts

Exalted Champion
MoT, Barded Steed, Halberd, Shield
202 pts

5 chaos knights
MoT, Champion
205 pts

19 marauders
158 pts

6 chaos warhounds
36 pts

16 horrors
240pts

998 pts.

6 PD, 4 DD.

manickze
05-08-2007, 22:03
I'd say drop the horrors to 12, drop the warhounds to min 5 and put in a firewyrm.

W0lf
05-08-2007, 22:14
what about my list? :(

i maged to squeeze in a second hero.. thats not easy when the cheapest ehro you can get is 150 pts (aspiring + mark)

manickze
05-08-2007, 22:55
what about my list? :(

i maged to squeeze in a second hero.. thats not easy when the cheapest ehro you can get is 150 pts (aspiring + mark)

It's not easy. But is it right? ;) I'd drop one char. If I was running mainly mortals this would be a good list.

Exalted Champion 202
5 chaos knights 205
20 Marauders 165
5 Chaos hounds 30
5 Chaos Hounds 30
16 Horrors 240
w/ 2 flamers 50
Firewyrm 75

997 points

Flamers and Firewyrms are just so useful.

bluebugs
06-08-2007, 01:45
Well, I switched around my army a bit and I agree that the disc hero was a little over the top. I did however, and I know you all will want to kill me for this, add in a unit of warriors in place of the marauders. Now before you grab your pitchforks and torches, in my defense I will be playing mostly lizardmen and I already own about 20 warrior models anyway. I am also keeping the horrors to 18 as I like the ability to lose a couple of them and still get ST4 for their bound spell. So here is my new list;

Exalted of Tzeentch- 208pts
Barded Steed, sword of might, shield

4 chaos knights -152pts
Champion, undivided

10 Warriors of Tzeentch-233pts (hero goes here)
Halberds, shields, War banner, musician

5 chaos warhounds - 30pts

5 chaos warhounds - 30pts

18 horrors - 270pts

Firewyrm of tzeentch- 75pts

998pts

I do not have the rule book with me, but I was wondering if I could switch the sword of might on my exalted in favor of an additional hand weapon. I know i could not use both the shield and hand weapon, but I like the versatility. Anyway, just wondering if it was legal on a steed and all.

manickze
06-08-2007, 04:45
:mad: /grabs pitchfork and torch :mad:

The only reason you should have chaos warriors is for conversions! :D

It looks legal.

Kerill
06-08-2007, 05:04
Hmm, I preferred your first list, more power dice and two units that could win combats. Now you have less power dice and no units that can win combats. Drop the sword of might for a halberd or flail, saves you 20 points and +1 armour save isn't all that.

Wolf's list wasn't bad either although I think exalted and spell familiar is enough.

I would go for this:

1 Exalted Chaos Champion of Tzeentch; Halberd; barded steed, spell familiar 205

18 Marauders l. armour shield, full command 158 Pts (ex champion brings this to 4 ranks of 5

5 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch champion, standard: war banner 260 Pts
16 Horrors 290 Pts
2 Flamers @ [50] Pts

6 Chaos Warhounds @ 36 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

5 Chaos Warhounds @ 30 Pts

Casting Pool: 5

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 53

Lots of warhounds for baiting enemy units and covering your troops from enemy fire.

Flamers are far more reliable than firewyrms, can stop anemy charges dead (takes tywo flamers) and have M6. Can also be used to suicide on enemy mages in a pinch and shoot fast cavalry. Can also throw their 4S4 attacks into a nearby combat if need be.

If you are against magic heavy lizzies drop a unit of warhounds for a dispel scroll.

manickze
06-08-2007, 11:40
yes flamers can be better than firwyrms...but flamers AND firwyrms are good.

Seriously don/t need the warbanner with chaos knights in 1000 pts.

The firewyrm however can create a lot of uncertainty for you opponent in a fair section of the battlefield.

W0lf
06-08-2007, 20:20
'10 Warriors of Tzeentch-233pts (hero goes here)
Halberds, shields, War banner, musician'

What are they going to win combat against? :/

can you say free victory points anyone?

bluebugs
06-08-2007, 23:59
Um, W0lf, I think a front line of 4 st 5 attacks at WS 5 and a hero with 4 WS 7 ST 6 attacks will do some damage against a good amount of units.

and also, Kerill, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by me having less power dice in my second list, perhaps you should look it over again.

For now I am using what models I have, plain and simple. I know every one hates warriors and for some reason they can't win combat, even though I have witnessed it many, many times, but I will take all of your suggestions to mind when composing my final list. I thank you for your feedback, but I will not post a second list as war on what's good and what isn't could go on forever. And as I worship the changer of ways, do not think this list will be my standard!