PDA

View Full Version : Code of conduct

tenpole
05-08-2007, 07:32
After the little altercation between two coaches last night I have thought it may be best to emphasize some guidelines. In WBBL and WSFA both in the Warseer site and Fumbbl site we are given quite a bit a leeway in the way we conduct ourselves as we are a self contained group. If things do get out of hand, and either myself or Phrollikk cannot sort out a dispute in WSFA and I would assume Iscariot, Bennistein and Yorkiebar in the WBBL, then matters may be taken out of our hands into the fumbbl administration itself.
That may mean a ban from the fumbbl site, or even a ban from the warseer site if it spills over into this site as the Warseer admins will not tolerate any abuse.

The warseers own guidelines even state such;

Please keep your posting polite. Stay civil, and remember it is a community, and there is a person on the other end of the discussion that may, and probably will, interpret something the wrong way should you be rude.

This is what occurred last night. One coach with use of expletives was interpreted as being rude and making a direct attack on the other coach when this was not the case, it was just his way and nothing directly personal. So unless you know the opponent coach very well, no flaming him, no baiting or trolling him and most importantly mind your language.

If there is an incident rather than get in a flaff about things take a breather, get myself of Phrollikk to mediate but DO NOT retaliate with any abuse or aggressive private messages.

This community is a good group and I am all for the different characters and personalities of each coach to make my bloodbowl experience. I like all of you and I have got to know you all so well so I can be ridiculed ect without taking offence. But please be guarded on what you say to others, some of them are sensitive. :)

th0r
05-08-2007, 08:05
What happens when you waste another coaches time? Can we report that to the fumbbl staff too?

tenpole
05-08-2007, 09:05
What happens when you waste another coaches time? Can we report that to the fumbbl staff too?

No it is not within fumbbl staffs jurisdiction.

However if you schedule a game, then try to attend it. If you cannot make the appointmen,t then give a notice as soon as you are able. If you miss an appointment then good manners dictates that you should send an apology for missing the scheduled time. If it persistently becomes a problem you should make the tournament administrators (thatís me and Phrollikk for WSFA ) aware of the problems

LordSnotball
05-08-2007, 10:33
Lovely post...

i'd like to add another thing... the purpose of the game is to have fun. I have played both the coaches involved in the 'incident' last night, and they both have had fun on the pitch with me.

Which means your attitude and behaviour during the match is at least as important as the performance of your team, if not more. You can win or lose 6-0, and if u and your opponent are there both having fun, the game will be worthwhile

and im saying that coz the said "grumpy coach", despite definitely being a challenge to play against, has spoilt every game i have played against him due to 'bad attitude'.

and i've told him about it before too, so i expected this to come up eventually :)

btw, if u want to play against a really fun coach, i'd recommend playing against shepard, its almost cartoonish... not in our group, but i genuinely recommend him...

Deng Ham
05-08-2007, 10:59
I don't know what happend last night. Nor do I care. But I think it's good to have something like this every now and again. Just to rimind us why we play.

Lardidar
05-08-2007, 12:02
Thanks for this.

I'm sure it will improve things.

Jet
05-08-2007, 12:27
Seconded:

# Personal attacks and excessive abusive language is not accepted. Discussing other people's styles of play does not qualify as personal attacks.
# Offensive language - including but not limited to racism, sexual harrassment and religious persecution - is not allowed in any form

These are overriding rules to any WBBL/WSFA ones so should always be observed.

This does bring up another interesting point though. When you come up with slightly quirky tournament styles, its worth putting a little extra thought into little loopholes that might unbalance certain facets of the game.

tenpole
05-08-2007, 13:27
This does bring up another interesting point though. When you come up with slightly quirky tournament styles, its worth putting a little extra thought into little loopholes that might unbalance certain facets of the game.

Too many shades of grey. Dis is bloodbowl not nukeleer fiziks.

th0r
05-08-2007, 15:14
Lovely post...

and im saying that coz the said "grumpy coach", despite definitely being a challenge to play against, has spoilt every game i have played against him due to 'bad attitude'.

and i've told him about it before too, so i expected this to come up eventually :)

Okay two things here. One, did you not say you were looking forward to playing me yesterday? I guess not. Also after we played the last time, a championship game did you not after the game complain that my Gnomes were broken? Lets not make me out like the bad guy when everybody at some time complains about fumbbl.

I should also note that during a game I mostly swear at nuffle and my bad luck, not my opponent. So yeah I shouldn't go on like I do, but grow up. When I have your entire team beat down and have secured the win, only to see you 1db my blitzer and injure him, yeah i'm going to be a little pissed at the dice, as per everyone else.

Anyway back to everyone flaming me. Bring it :evilgrin: , unlike some I don't go emo.

tenpole
05-08-2007, 16:31
Anyway back to everyone flaming me. Bring it :evilgrin: , unlike some I don't go emo.

Thats the spirit!

Deng Ham
05-08-2007, 18:11
...When I have your entire team beat down and have secured the win, only to see you 1db my blitzer and injure him, yeah i'm going to be a little pissed at the dice, as per everyone else....
lol did he realy do that...Talk about last chance suceses.

ExquisiteEvil
06-08-2007, 18:16
I guess I would be what is refered to as a 'grumpy' coach...

I swear when things dont go right, time after time, after time....but if the other coach asks me not to then I stop.

I think we've all felt that frustration though - some games its like the dice generator gets stuck in one mode or something - no matter what you do or how you play you are destined to lose.

That grates me - and I know it grates others too - its just we all handle it in different ways.

I played a game last night in which a reg human lineman dodge through 2 4+ TZs and throw a 3 die block with no rerolls with me choosing at my mummy that had the ball (he kicked out of pitch on kickoff).

I was a turn away from scoreing a winning TD.

not only did he get a 'dodge' pow and 2 pows on the roll - he kod the mummy and grabbed the ball. by the time I had it back it was too late for me to score.

result - draw, and me swearing profusely at his 'fluke'...

anyway I dont know what the point is here - but I just needed to get that off my chest ;)

Autobot HQ
12-08-2007, 13:46
Thing is, we can all get annoyed when someone manages 3 dodges with an AG2 Centaur - I know everyone hates me when I do it.

But there's a difference between being annoyed at genuinely lucky actions, and being pissed off because you believe you have kind of divine right that you should win, and that when anyone does anything, such as a simple pass, they are lucky and don't deserve the TD. And abusing them for this is definitly NOT what Warseer or Fumbbl, and ergo the Warseer League, is about.

I fully back tenploe and everything he's said here about the code of conduct you should show your fellow players. Don't be an ass should be a obvious rule, but it seems sometimes it needs to be spelt out. The other player was annoyed when you made that long bomb, but didn't call you all the names under the sun about it, so treat them tthe way you expect to be treated, ok?

Stuart

tenpole
20-08-2007, 15:54
Well the code of conduct obviously does not apply to some people. Again there was a fracas last night with one coach getting very abusive simply because nuffle was definitely not on his side. Now the other coach may or may not have been helping the matter along by stirring but using profanities in a direct assault on another coach is not allowed.

For my part. Any further abuse and I will expel the coach from WSFA. I will leave Benninstein to make his own decision if any action needs to be taken with the WBBL.

Deng Ham
20-08-2007, 16:44
How is this code enforced?
Do we report a player that we find irritating. Or is it only when a staff is watching the game, and listen in on the conversation.

tenpole
20-08-2007, 17:55
I prefer to have the issue dealt with first by our own tournament admin staff benny and myself. But the is nothing to stop anyone taking issues to the fumbbl admin themselves, please do tell us though.
If you let us deal with circumstances in house then we can take the appropriate action.

Courtjester17
20-08-2007, 20:05
So its wrong for me to tell thor he smells like nurgle beast butt rot?

th0r
20-08-2007, 20:27
nah as long as your insulting me the WBBL admins look the other way.

Courtjester17
20-08-2007, 20:39
You think if I come up with some good ones they would give me extra points?

BTW Thor I finished as Best general again in my 40k tourney. Scored 22/28/3 in my three games. The last game screwed me out of best overall. I ended up against a stupid tau player who was power gaming 9 crisis suits 2 broadside 2 hammerheads 3 phrianas 4 stealth suits and a grand total of 6 fire warriors and 12 human aux's for 132 points of tropps in a 1750 point army. Against my all walking nothing can shot over 12 inches to kill anything infantry army and he could still only get a draw.