PDA

View Full Version : 1000points of tzzench! (Mortals)

Nathangonmad
05-08-2007, 09:58
Tzeentch 1000 points

Hero:
Aspiring Champion of Champion, Biting Blade , Hero Of Tzeentch
Total: 160

Core:
Warriors Of Chaos 20 , Shields 20, Full Command , Regiment Of Tzeentch
Total: 350

Core:

Core:
Chariot Of Chaos , Chariot Of Tzeentch
Total: 140

W0lf
05-08-2007, 14:09
People will tell you warriors suck and that they cant win.

be ready to defend your choice.

Tbh i think it looks fairly decent. Though you can do better (i.e no warriors :/)

Kerill
05-08-2007, 14:20
Warriors suck and they can't win. :)

But if that's what you have the models for then get the war banner for one of the warrior regiments- you need to win combats with these units. You might want to reduce the number of warriors in one regiment to 12 or 14 in two ranks with halberds (maybe give this unit the warbanner- cheaper than 2 ranks) This will free up points for the rest of your army- make the champion an exalted, mount them (meaning you can lose another chaos warrior and +2 to his armour save), drop the biting blade for a halberd/flail and consider getting a spell familiar : 7Pd for two spells might be a waste, depending on the spells, 3 is much better.

Lord Tzeentch
05-08-2007, 20:05
EEK! 40 Warriors of Tzeentch i'd love to see your opponents face when he or she sees that:)

I think a hero in a chariot would add abit more punch and with some okay rolling would be able to break alot of units on the charge also sword of might would be better than bitting blade.

Also i would drop the amount of WOT and get a unit of Marauders.

Still think of the face THE FACE!

bluebugs
05-08-2007, 21:46
the list isn't terrible. and i think it would be an amazing army, but truely you only have 2 units that will do any real damage; hero and chariot. and while tzeentch is based on ruling with magic, you need all those points invested in warriors to do something. I would drop each unit down to 12 and use all those other points for hounds, horsemen, spawn, really anything that can add more manuverablity. if you are facing an opponet who favor combat, say saurus heavy lizzies, this is a quite fearful list.

manickze
05-08-2007, 21:59
Tzeentch 1000 points

Hero:
Aspiring Champion of Champion, Biting Blade , Hero Of Tzeentch
Total: 160

Core:

Core:

Core:
Chariot Of Chaos , Chariot Of Tzeentch
Total: 140

/vomits in mouth

I'd not field this army at all because you have 700 pts in so few models that aren't cavalry.

W0lf
05-08-2007, 22:16
I'd not field this army at all because you have 700 pts in so few models that aren't cavalry.

nah your being mad...

Its not like a unit of Fast calavry or fliers who hit you in the flank can make your 350 pt unit worth 105 pts.

See a problem guys?

Unit of 20 warriors means your paying no less then 225 pts for three ranks bonus (+3 cr)

Thats such a good investment (rolls eyes)

Nathangonmad
06-08-2007, 10:29
Hrmmm What if I were to drop one squad all together and make one 15man with halbards and have a squad of 7 knights of chaos with the flesh banner (If i have points) Or maybe I could drop one squad of warriors and use the points to put my aspiring champion on a chariot and get anther chariot

Kerill
06-08-2007, 11:03
It would be better although 7 might be too many and the flesh banner is inferior to the war banner, banner of wrath and blasted banner. You need more cheap throwaway units though or your enemy will rule the movement phase. Hounds are the cheapest, mounted marauders can actually win combats, spawn can hold up your enemy.

2 Regiments of warriors get flank charged and butchered whilst chariot gets destroyed by a cannon/crazy dude with a flail/great weapon. Allows time for a quick rematch though.

The Anarchist
06-08-2007, 17:59
this is an intrsting list but it seems it will be easily manipualted by a good opponent. i think the blocks of Warrios are solid but just over sized, drop them to 14 maybe and buy two ten man units of Mauders with flails to help get flank you opponent some time. also charriotsare good, but in a chaos army i dont think them worth the points, would get a single unmarkd unit of Chaos knights if you have the points. alternativly get 5 maurder horsemen and as many warhounds as possible woith what points you have left.

overall this isn't a bad list but i just think it has far to little manuvarability, fix this and you can use heavy blocks of infantry tocrush your opponents whilst blasting him with magic as well.