PDA

View Full Version : Ogres "dancing arround" army

Da Black Gobbo
05-08-2007, 13:28
HI there, after reading the OK book i was thinking about doing an army similar to wood elves in the way of skirmishers and fast hard hitters with some noblar crazyness, the army will be pretty shootie with a Hunter with 2 tiguers a Butcher with the stick that throws 1d6 rays, and a Bruiser at the head of a unit of 5 bulls full command, the rest of the units will be a couple of units of 10 hunter gnoblars, a gnoblar catapult some leadbelchers in 2 little units and a gorger, anybody help?

The Anarchist
05-08-2007, 14:06
this is deffinatly a intresting idea for an OK army. however i think it would be best played as a fun army as it is unlikly to be that competitive. might i also suggest takeing a few dogs of war units, they can be ones that still fit your theme; eg some light cavalry or maybe RoR; galloper guns.

Da Black Gobbo
05-08-2007, 14:20
I think it could be fun to play with when i arrive home, this evening i'll get the book and i'll start to do the army, a 1500 points one, anybody wanna try?
The Anarchist (good politic choice :)) i don't like the Dogs of war, i want pure ogre/gnoblar army.

tomgore
05-08-2007, 15:00
i got about 4,000 points in OK and i centered my army around just units of ogres and having a large selection to constantly playtest, but no gorgers or yehtiis though and since my gnoblars are so insignificant i haven't even put them together yet but the 4K of ogres are well painted and ready to rock!. good luck with your army.

Da Black Gobbo
05-08-2007, 19:41
Well what about something like this:

--Bruiser, guns, cathayan long sword, 2 gnoblars, heavy armour.

--Butcher, Lighting stick, 2gnoblars, dispell scroll.

--Hunter, 2 sabertooth, the name that let's him move 1'more.

--5 Bulls full command.

--20 Gnoblars

--10 Hunter Gnoblars

--10 Hunter Gnoblars

--2 LeadBelchers

--2 Lead Belchers

--1 Gnoblar catapult

--1 Gorger.

What do you think? could it work??

savage_&_proud_of_it
05-08-2007, 19:55
i think it could work but maybe taking away two of the bulls and replacing them with a maneater

SevenSins
07-08-2007, 12:53
for the WE style ogres you should have lots of yethees too as they ignore terrain. Also gorgers are best in pairs, that makes them more reliable..
Other than that looks decent.

Da Black Gobbo
07-08-2007, 13:13
Well i use to play at small games 1500 so i think 2 gorgers will not be :) i've been thinking of yehtees but i don't know i preffer more shooting.

daGreatMaw
18-08-2007, 01:49
well if your looking for shooting ogres r not your choice-a 145 pt bolt thrower that has less strengh but can move around(big deal), S2 missles that will be hitting and most likely wounding on 5's so they will likely cause 2 casualties the whole game(not statisticaly but u get the point, they suck) and cannons with meagre range, low strength(for a cannon), and the necesity of spending a turn reloading

you hav nothing for heavily armored troops, you need ironguts, and only your 1 bull unit and maybe the two leadbelcher units if they combine charging can take down a ranked unit due to combat rez.
the gorger is good but will get swarmed because theres only one

the trappers cant negate ranks, cant take on a unit, and will end up dead turn 2 if u use them as scouts

this list needs some serious reworking if u want a competetive list

llama rider
20-08-2007, 01:44
better be ready to get whupped by some combat armies, because its going to happen.

Tadite
21-10-2007, 02:26
I've seen the full on Ogre Shooting army

Tyrant, toys, Brace of Pistols
Hunter
Hunter
Hunter

2 units of Bulls
4 Scrap Launchers
2 units of Maneaters with Brace of Pistols

Lots of shooting lots of running around. Tinny though.:)