PDA

View Full Version : can the cascket of souls die

Nickn
05-08-2007, 13:42
if the cascket is a mount for a liche priest and the liche priest dies the cascket dies at start of the tomb king movement phase so you have 1 turn to bring the liche priest back. so you could end up keeping the cascket alive because you brought back a liche priest

Atrahasis
05-08-2007, 13:59
The casket isn't a mount.

You can't bring back characters.

Nothing in your post makes any sense, sorry.

Cragspyder
05-08-2007, 18:04
There is no way to replace the Liche Priest manning the Casket in time. If he dies in one of the close combat phases or the enemy shooting or magic phase then the Casket is gone (at the beginning of the TK move phase, remember?) before you even get a chance to move any other Liche Priest, and WAY before you could summon him back from the dead (but as Atrahasis pointed out, you can't summon back characters anyways).

The only way the Casket could live if its Liche Priest dies is if there was already a second Liche Priest within 1'' of the Casket at the start of your movement phase. Otherwise, its done.

sulla
06-08-2007, 04:41
The casket isn't a mount.

You can't bring back characters.

Nothing in your post makes any sense, sorry.

But other than that, good post...:D

Masque
06-08-2007, 08:50
I'm going to preface this post by saying it provides absolutely no useful information and applies to Theoryhammer only.

There is no way to replace the Liche Priest manning the Casket in time. If he dies in one of the close combat phases or the enemy shooting or magic phase then the Casket is gone (at the beginning of the TK move phase, remember?) before you even get a chance to move any other Liche Priest, and WAY before you could summon him back from the dead (but as Atrahasis pointed out, you can't summon back characters anyways).

The only way the Casket could live if its Liche Priest dies is if there was already a second Liche Priest within 1'' of the Casket at the start of your movement phase. Otherwise, its done.

The above is not true. There are ways for the only Liche manning the Casket to die and for you to save the Casket in time. Here's a couple of examples:

1. The Casket could be just over 8" away from a Night Goblin unit at the start of their turn. During the movement phase the Liche could reposition himself between the Casket and the Liche and cause Fanatics to be released which would subsequently kill him. Then at any point later in the movement phase a new Liche could move in and man the Casket.

2. During the TK magic phase the Incantation of Righteous Smiting could be used to fire a particularly poorly aimed shot from a Screaming Skull Catapult which killed the Liche. Then the Incantation of Urgency could be used to send a new Liche to keep the Casket going.

3. The Liche could die in any of the many normal ways he could do so. Then during the combat phase another Liche could win a fight and overrun or pursue in such a way as to maintain the Casket.

Of the scenarios I've laid out I think it really says something that number 3 is the most likely. :D

Arnizipal
06-08-2007, 15:58
1. The Casket could be just over 8" away from a Night Goblin unit at the start of their turn. During the movement phase the Liche could reposition himself between the Casket and the Liche and cause Fanatics to be released which would subsequently kill him. Then at any point later in the movement phase a new Liche could move in and man the Casket.

Fanatic hits would still be randomised so the Liche getting killed would be very unlikely.

DeathlessDraich
06-08-2007, 16:14
1. During the movement phase the Liche could reposition himself between the Casket and the Liche and cause Fanatics to be released which would subsequently kill him. Then at any point later in the movement phase a new Liche could move in and man the Casket.

2. During the TK magic phase the Incantation of Righteous Smiting could be used to fire a particularly poorly aimed shot from a Screaming Skull Catapult which killed the Liche. Then the Incantation of Urgency could be used to send a new Liche to keep the Casket going.

3. The Liche could die in any of the many normal ways he could do so. Then during the combat phase another Liche could win a fight and overrun or pursue in such a way as to maintain the Casket.

Interesting scenarios, even though unlikely. :D

Nickn
07-08-2007, 17:33
well i have another scenario

the enemy miscats and rolls whatevernumber lets you cast 1of your own spells and urgency another liche priest to the cascket

but i agree it was a theory hammer post

ive read on many tacticas that if a charecter dies wihen the unit he started with during deployment and part ofthe unit was stillalive you can bring the charecter back because h counts aspart of the unit when he joins

Atrahasis
08-08-2007, 15:38
ive read on many tacticas that if a charecter dies wihen the unit he started with during deployment and part ofthe unit was stillalive you can bring the charecter back because h counts aspart of the unit when he joinsIn that case, many tactica are incorrect.

Some friendly advice - your posts will be far better received if you make some effort to make them legible.

Cragspyder
08-08-2007, 18:32
I'm going to preface this post by saying it provides absolutely no useful information and applies to Theoryhammer only.

The above is not true. There are ways for the only Liche manning the Casket to die and for you to save the Casket in time. Here's a couple of examples:

Of the scenarios I've laid out I think it really says something that number 3 is the most likely. :D

Good points which I had not considered!

Flame
08-08-2007, 18:50
well i have another scenario

the enemy miscats and rolls whatevernumber lets you cast 1of your own spells and urgency another liche priest to the cascket

but i agree it was a theory hammer post

ive read on many tacticas that if a charecter dies wihen the unit he started with during deployment and part ofthe unit was stillalive you can bring the charecter back because h counts aspart of the unit when he joins

Tomb Kings cannot benefit from miscasts.

Also note that if you kill the liche in turn 6, you wont get points for the casket as it is still alive at the end of the game.

DeathlessDraich
08-08-2007, 20:48
Tomb Kings cannot benefit from miscasts.

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate.
Liche priests cannot gain "additional magical power" does not necessarily mean they cannot be forced to cast out of sequence.

The incantation should be cast with the usual dice roll procedure when the enemy miscasts and rolls a 6.

WusteGeist
10-08-2007, 07:20
To all who said that Tomb kings can cast a spell when some one miscast and the result is a 6. That is incorrect. As it has been stated in FAQ, tomb kings may not cast a spell from an oppent' s miscast roll.

Masque
10-08-2007, 08:14
To all who said that Tomb kings can cast a spell when some one miscast and the result is a 6. That is incorrect. As it has been stated in FAQ, tomb kings may not cast a spell from an oppent' s miscast roll.

Exactly which FAQ? It isn't in the TK FAQ.