PDA

View Full Version : The Skullz Models

untimention
05-08-2007, 17:28
Hi Warseer

Im looking to find out what all the skullz limited addition were... my dream is to one day have them all that i can remember

does anyone have maybe the orginal leaflet with all the items on ?

or anyone have any ?

I am talking around the UK but i know different were released all over the world so it would be good to hear about them

Some guy (UK)
05-08-2007, 17:56
Try solegends for what I think is the majority of the collection.

Art Is Resistance
06-08-2007, 07:32
Thing is, half of the skullz models weren't even proper ltd. edititions - just old minis brought back on a limited run! (the marine, eldar high avatar f'instance).

untimention
06-08-2007, 07:56
yeah ive got 3 outta the 4 of those still trying get the high avatar harlequin

just trying to establish the skullz collection

Inquisitor S.
06-08-2007, 12:31
http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/wiki/Sch%C3%A4d%27lz-Aktion

It's not complete and it's not in English, but maybe it's some help.

jlmb_123
06-08-2007, 12:41
I think you can stil get the 10 Skullz Classic (Klassiche) models, apart from the Ork. The Assassin was in WD during 3rd Edition, the Space Marine has been in one of the SM Collectors guides, and the Harlequin is in the Eldar and Dark Eldar Collectors book.

Brushmonkey
06-08-2007, 15:12
The limited edition standard bearers up to the Vampire Counts were part of the Skullz promotion too. I'm lucky enough to have all of them.

dancingmonkey
06-08-2007, 15:19
There is also the SM holding banner, and the BA/DA/Ultra smuf Iwo Jima set. I was surprised but happy when that turned up instead of the Ultra smurf single I had requested. Got the assasin and the marine too!

There was the set of dwarf adventurers, (originally a box set I beleive) and also an adeptus mechanicus set that I only saw way after the event. (I believe that is the case anyway!)

Can't think of anymore sets off the top of my head!

untimention
06-08-2007, 18:15
yes there were 4 ten skullz models... space marines, orc free booter, great harlequin and imperial assassin

4 standard bearer models inc empire, orc and dwarf ( cant think of the other)

dwarf lods of legend that were 50 skullz

adeptus models

necron examination table and a keyring bolter

im looking to find out what else there was.

Inquisitor S.
06-08-2007, 19:04
Did anybody check the link I provided above? There you could have found most of the Skulz-Items...

Sleazy
06-08-2007, 20:57
there was also a space marine diorama of 3 marines lifting a flag like the famous statue whos name i cant remember.

I got 2, sold one on ebay then lost the other when i moved :(

edit, this one: http://wh40k.lexicanum.de/mediawiki/images/5/56/Img406b012314a22-2.jpg

Gaius_Baltar
06-08-2007, 21:21
Does GW still do Skullz points?

untimention
06-08-2007, 22:58
indeed not my friend but in another forum we were discussing bringing them back as they are a very good item.

does anyone still happen to have the original uk leaflet ? ive moved house 4 times since skullz came out and i believe along the line it entered the bin

jowiczad
06-08-2007, 23:00
I have the Dwarf Lords of legend. They come on a wooden base. At least I think I have them somewhere. I hope I didn't sell them...

Grimtuff
06-08-2007, 23:03
indeed not my friend but in another forum we were discussing bringing them back as they are a very good item.

Skullz ARE coming back AFAIK ;)

untimention
06-08-2007, 23:07
Grimtuff... and you know this or heard this ?

I have my dwarf lords of legends in my glass cabinet with the cerificate of ownership

Grimtuff
06-08-2007, 23:15
Grimtuff... and you know this or heard this ?

I know this and heard this From a mate of mine who attended the national managers meeting at GW's head office a couple of weeks ago.

I would take what was discussed there as pretty much official.

As to when is another matter, I would guess around just after christmas.

untimention
06-08-2007, 23:20
would be good tied into apocolypse as they want people spending money at GW and there are some good expensive boxsets

time will tell.

muskrat
07-08-2007, 00:32
wasn't skullz like 1 for every dollar spent? I came into the hobby about a year or two before they were phased out, never really got many.

But if it was 1 for 1...with apocalypse a lot of skulls are gonna be sent out.

swordwind
07-08-2007, 01:37
More like 1:10

muskrat
07-08-2007, 05:28
makes MUCH more sense. thanks swordwind.

untimention
07-08-2007, 07:33
god knows how i ended up with 120 skullz... its doesnt bare thinking about

RevEv
07-08-2007, 08:37
I managed to get enough for a vip ticket for GD - only to find I was too late. Instead I got three tickets for GD, so took my wife, my son (a baby at the time) and had one spare I couldn't even give away.

I still had enough skullz left over for the Dwarf, Empire, Orc and Space Marine Standard bearers.

It's not that I had too much money to spend - I just benefitted from double point/ quadruple point events and being the one behind the parent who didn't want the skullz more than once.

If Skullz do come back that can only be good. As far as I recall they were ended as part of the agreement with New Line (along with GW clearance sales) because New Line did not want LoTR being discounted or involved in a GW promotional offer.

Once I move (which is today - I'm currently waiting for the lorry to turn up) I'll take some pics of the standard bearers I have.

Jedi152
07-08-2007, 08:44
Weren't skullz only on Mail Order products?

Despite going to WW almost every weekend back then, i never seemed to collect more than about 10 skullz before i lost the card.

My friend managed to get the dwarf lords of legend though.

untimention
07-08-2007, 23:25
i really miss clearance sales GW done.... they really should bring them back ok dont discount LORT but the older stuff like all the old chaos stuff now should be 50% off to shift it....

Skullz were an instore promo 10 = 1 skullz and you needed a minimum of 10 to get a prize ( UK )

My aim is to get all the items but i really need the old flyer or a photo copy to find out exactly what was availible in the UK

Inquisitor S.
07-08-2007, 23:28
Skullz were an instore promo 10 = 1 skullz

This also applied to Mail Order.

Hellfury
08-08-2007, 22:33
I still have the Iwo Jima Space marine standard diorama.

I have been trying to get rid of it for years.

Lostanddamned
08-08-2007, 22:38
I got the assassin - which is useable as an eversor/culexus/callidus - so it gets some use :p

kermit
08-08-2007, 23:00
I got the Adeptus Mechanicus set with the FW AM icon... I got lots of skullz from my WD subscription and bought the rest off eBay for a good price!

In North America you could only get them from a GW store or through mail order, so it made it hard that there were no GW stores around and you had to pay for shipping back then too...

I wish here in North America we could have gotten the dwarf lords, 'cause I liked the idea of the certificate of ownership and such.