PDA

View Full Version : 2000p. Vampire Counts to a Tourney!

Jeppis
05-08-2007, 18:34
This going to a tournament. Special rules: Must have atleast 5 core units, no more than 3 special units, and only 1 rare unit.

Not the cheesiest list possible due to limited range of miniatures, but post all comments you think of, and I'll tell if I have miniatures to do that change.

So.. Comments?

Characters:

Vampire Count -300p.
-Ring of the Night
-Red Fury
-Heart Piercing
-Enchanted Shield

Necromancer -150p.
-Level 2 Wizard
-Dispel Scroll
-Power Stone

Necromancer -150p.
-Level 2 Wizard
-Book of Arkhan
-Dispel Scroll

Necromancer -140p.
-Level 2 Wizard
-Staff of Damnation

Core:

6 Dire Wolves -60p.

6 Dire Wolves -60p.

14 Skeletons -155p.
-Light Armour
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Scrollcaddy here.

14 Skeletons -155p.
-Light Armour
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
-Necromancer No. 2 here.

15 Zombies -105p.
-Musician
-Standard
-Necromancer No. 3 here.

5 Ghouls -40p.

Special:

6 Black Knights -190p.
-Barding
-FC

6 Black Knights -190p.
-Barding
-FC

5 Fell Bats -100p.

Rare:

Black Coach -200p.

Total: 1995p.

vampires are cool!
05-08-2007, 19:07
You say you have limited models. How may do you have available for raising? An undead army can function with only with minimum raising (keeping your units at starting strength), but it always helps to have surplus.

Dire wolves are useful. If you use them in conjuction with your units (attach one to a cavelry unit and one to an infantry unit). However, you may wish to echange them for more skellies or zombies.

Other than that a fairly solid list, although others will undoubtably pick holes in it. Good luck.

deadkez
05-08-2007, 20:17
Looks good, you obviously know what you are doing so I won't suggest any major changes..

The only real thing I'd change is dropping a necromancer to take a bsb, putting him in with the smaller knight unit. Reason: just saving 1 knight from crumble due to losing combat will earn his points back, and you have a lot of knights. I take two knight units (less models though) and wouldn't leave home without one, that said I also go double banshee, which has its own merits (and I know you can't do that).

I'd also take champions in the skele units, just for surprise challenges (recently saved my ass from a kamikaze warrior priest).

Thats it, me done, someones going to moan about the coach somewhere down the line, but they do have their uses in the right hands.

Best of luck in the tourney and lets us know how you went on.

Lucky24/7
05-08-2007, 22:30
Personally a littel too many knight in the first unit, however it is surplus for cumbling, but its up to you.

Genrally nice list (well as far as VC go) Good Luck in the tourny, only thing too whach out for a hocklands's and sniping cannons. But You Should Be Fine

Jeppis
06-08-2007, 16:58
Thanks for the comments, no changes made yet, but surely gonna add atleast champs soon.

Not sure about the BSB yet, I'm ready to get one necromancer off, but what item should I get rid off: Staff of Damnation or Book of Arkhan?

I've got about 10 zombies and 15 skeletons for raising.

Good idea to cut the "bigger" BK units down to 5+general, and instead fielding one more unit of skeletons?

Are footed generals (count) in skeleton units useless?

shartmatau
06-08-2007, 17:07
I would put the count in with the skellies. The knights don't really need a character, they can dish out decent damage on their own. The count with the skellies will get you a few kills along with your standing combat res, which will help when you fight without a flank charge (like the turn you get charged). Also the knight units are already going to take the brunt of shooting or magic, so better off not making them a bigger target.

Nickn
06-08-2007, 18:58
the only thing i would like to see is fewer black knights in replace some badly needed fell bats and maby ghouls

Jeppis
07-08-2007, 11:29
Okay, some changes made now:

-Count now footed, any comments of his equipment?
-BK units now smaller, but got champions now.
-Added Ghouls
-Added Fell Bats