PDA

View Full Version : 2k Chaos list

logan054
05-08-2007, 20:18
Well i decided i want t have a few different chaos list, so here is one that is designed to be fast, sadly im lacking chaos knight models atm (however im gona see what i have at my mums house i can convert) but until then for a fast list this is what i am thinking of using, any suggestions here?

Characters

Daemon Prince
- Mark of Khorne
- Axe of Khorne
- Master of Mortals
- Might of Khorne
- Diabolic Spendour
- Soul Hunger
Total 430pts

Im gona give gerorge here another go, he might do better now hes painted...

Exalted champion
- Mark of Khorne
- Barded steed
- Shield
- Axe of Khorne
- Collar of Khorne
Total 203pts

Core

5 Knights of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Full command
- Chosen
Total 320pts

6 Marauder Horsemen
- Flails
- Musician
Total 96pts

6 Marauder Horsemen
- Flails
- Musician
Total 96pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

Special

3 Minotaurs
- Mark of Khorne
- Great weapons
Total 183pts

3 Minotaurs
- Mark of Khorne
- Great weapons
Total 183pts

7 Furies
Total 105pts

5 Flesh hounds
Total 80pts

Rare

3 Dragon Ogres
- Great weapons
- Light armour
Total 237pts

Total: 1989pts
Models: 50
Dispel dice: 7

Belerophon709
05-08-2007, 22:35
For a fast Khorne list, I don't see any major problems with the list, except one. You have alot of hitty units, but only 4 possible screens (5 if you count the furies) to avoid being baited, and they're pretty small (horsemen+hounds).
I would lose a round of marauders and use the points + what you have left over for 2 small beast herds (might need a few more points to be found somewhere), to go in front of your minos. Since their M-rates are pretty similar, the herds shouldn't slow them down too much.

Good luck!

logan054
05-08-2007, 22:45
I actually cant do that as my special slots are all taken, at most i could add a single unit rather than the flesh hounds, the other option is more hounds (as i have some of the old ones laying about) and i really dont want to lose my furies.

Kilroy
06-08-2007, 03:54
You seem to have spent alot of points on characters. I suggest you drop some points on the Daemon and get more screens for your expensive units (Marauders and hounds work well)

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 16:07
Both heroes have Axe of Khorne which is not allowed. The rest of the list seems fine.

blurred
06-08-2007, 16:29
Both heroes have Axe of Khorne which is not allowed. The rest of the list seems fine.

I'm not sure, but I believe the daemon's axe of Khorne is a daemonic gift, not a magic item.

The list seems good to me. Lots of hitty things with a bunch of small harassing units. Good job. :)

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 17:30
I'm not sure, but I believe the daemon's axe of Khorne is a daemonic gift, not a magic item.

The list seems good to me. Lots of hitty things with a bunch of small harassing units. Good job. :)

Umm... i don't now that i read the book it does say they arn't magic items per se but thats only means that they cannot be distroyed. Hmmmm tho if you look in depth it would mean that the weapon has different rules;) So i do believe that they can both have it. However i could be wrong might be worth asking at GW but i bet i'm right
(fingers crossed)

Sorry

The Sword 88
06-08-2007, 17:43
I would reccomend the Banner of Rage over the Warbanner as being able to reroll that break test and never losing your frenzy seems more valueable to me than a +1 to combat resolution but that would mean finding 25pts somewhere else

And is the Axe of Khorne's killing blow really that good?

logan054
06-08-2007, 18:10
You seem to have spent alot of points on characters. I suggest you drop some points on the Daemon and get more screens for your expensive units (Marauders and hounds work well)

yeah this actually a change for me, i usually only take two exalted coming up to around 350pts in total, i can try and get some more screens however this will have to wait until the weekend as i have to collect the models from my mums house (which is very far from colchester). Marauders really are poor screens, i tried them first and they never seemed to last past turn one, i actually perfer beast herds.

Lord of Tzeentch & Blurred - thanks, glad you like it, i do perfer using more balanced lists than this but i just wanted a backup list incase i go to gaming club and am forced to play some cheese monster (like a tomb kinh chariot force with 2 tomb giants).

The Sword 88 - Axe of khorne im not so sure on, normall i give the exalted sword of might and gaze of the gods but i have noticed people seem to like using curse of years on my knights. However after playing a certain person on this board with von carsten ring killing blow does have slight appeal.

The other option for the daemon prince i think is armour of khore rather than the axe (which i doubt is all that useful unless playing wood elfs). I am open to a better makeup for my daemon prince however

Banner of rage, certainly see your point, i just thought it was better havin the extra combat res so i dont lose it in the first place however i will have a look at slipping it in :)

The Sword 88
06-08-2007, 18:27
Yeah, I guess killing blow ignores armor and stuff but I always use swor dof might and gaze of the gods

The thing about the +1 is for my Khorne knights they never seem to barely lose, they either win by a lot or lose by a lot. So I take the banner but +1 combat resolution is always a good thing to have.

logan054
06-08-2007, 18:32
well i dont pretend its the most amazing thing since sliced bread, i think i will see how axe and collar goes for abit, i am thinking however wouldnt it better just to make them chosen rather than have the banner?

The Sword 88
06-08-2007, 19:11
Yeah my Knights are chosen and khorne and have the banner.

But the collar is nice against magic armies.

Does killing blow ignore ward saves?

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 19:18
Killing Blow only ignores armour saves not ward saves. But if they fail that then they are dead.

The Sword 88
06-08-2007, 20:20
Got it, thanks

And since your name is Lord Tzeentch, I have a question about Tzeentch for you if you dont mind.

How does Cha,pions of Tzeetch usually fair, that is an expensive mark to give but it seems like it could be really powerful.

logan054
06-08-2007, 22:30
Ok well added chosen status to knights, i dont think i can really afford to have warbanner as well on the unit. Lord of tzeentch is correct about killing blow, its ok for 25pts, its a shame they didnt make axe of khorne slightly different (maybe kept it how it was or something).

Personally i think Tzeentch wargors and beast lords are far better for the points, tzeentch heros still fair well but you miss out on the magic avaible with beastmen. In a mortal army i would i would have atleast one beast lord and one exalted tzeentch champion, at least you getting your lvl 4 at half the price.

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 22:48
I find my CoT work well. Lol in my mortal list Exalted Champions take up 20% of my army:D tho its only 10 men.

Beastlords are amazing only 95pts and states which are well as good if not better than some other lords.

To me this list is very fast and have MoK which is a nice little combo as im sure you know. However you will want two make sure your opponent doesn't choose the fights. As alot of your models have MoK they will charge anything and everything they can. So try not to get urself into a sticky position as a Skaven army would bait you with slaves and the blow both units to little tinny bits. Aww life is cheap how true.

The Sword 88
07-08-2007, 00:24
That bit of extra armor and the extra attack that you get for being chosen is well worth it

logan054
07-08-2007, 18:24
Yeah, well i have changed now, i think adding the banner of rage to the unit if it is chosen as well is putting far to much into a single unit, i have the daemon prince doing that...

The Sword 88
07-08-2007, 18:37
Yeah just do not have the Knights engage in a fight they wont win

logan054
07-08-2007, 21:28
yeah dont worry, if i ever use this list i wont but hopefully the people im mainly be playing wont require this kinda list :)