PDA

View Full Version : Tactica Aeronautica

Darnok
05-08-2007, 22:12
As you may have seen, it was GD Germany today, and we had the chance to look at the new AI expansion that is "Tactica Aeronautica".

I did take some notes, and the parts shown are far from complete (around 20 pages out of 120), and Sylass did take some pictures from the actual pages. Here are some of the contents I can remember:

will be out "soon", is almost finished - expect a release at or shortly after GD UK
the main setting of the book is Tau vs. Imperium on the world Typhan IV
Tau get (possibly beside other models) the Tau Drone Fighter (an AI version of the model already seen, the huge gun drone thingy), drones /mines in scale and a Tiger Shark variant (labelled as "Drone controller")
Imperium will get at least two new Marauder variants: the Colossus, an Enola Gay style bomber with one super bomb, and the Vigilante, a "tactical support" bomber with lots of sensors; both come with two twin-linked Heavy Bolters as secondary weapons
Orks get the Bommas already presented in the current Newsletter, they are supposed to give the Orks additional punch and more flexibility as well as transport abilities
I did ask for a possible Ork Landa, and was given a "likely, but in a future addition of Orks vs. Imperium - this one is about Tau and Imperium" - so expect an IA style with coming AI expansions!
we get new upgrades for (at least) Imperium, Tau and Orks - I spotted chaffs & flares (Imperium), reinforced armour and Kustm weapons (Orks) and Nightsun filters (Tau); wether these are for Aces only or only for campaigns... I was stupid enough not to check
there is at least two pages on fluff on the Tau Aor Caste
there is a battle report
there are new scenarios

I also spoke to Will Hayes about the Aquila, which is the only model missing from the core book. He said something down the way of "nobody wants to actuallly do the model... maybe later". So for all the fans of the Aquila: be patient.

If there are any precise questions I am happy to answer them - if I can remeber the stuff in question. :D

Izza
05-08-2007, 22:57
Any Eldar or Chaos stuff?
I see its Imps v Tau, but the Orks get stuff?
:D

Darnok
05-08-2007, 23:09
I didn't see anything for Eldar, but Chaos gets the Harbinger, which we already know. There were no rules in the version they had, so I can't say anything about whethter they make the current PDF-rules oficial or not. I suppose so.

orangesm
05-08-2007, 23:53
Thanks for the info Darnok.

CELS
06-08-2007, 01:06
But... but... didn't we already see a photo of an Aquila for AI? Or did I just imagine it? *confused*

Tyra_Nid
06-08-2007, 02:30
But... but... didn't we already see a photo of an Aquila for AI? Or did I just imagine it? *confused*

No. There is a 40k version, but not an AI version. Sadly.

So do we know what the comparative advantage of the Vigilante bomber? What do the sensors do?

Darnok
06-08-2007, 12:01
There were only two pages of background and pictures on the Marauder, including the "technical specifications". No actual rules, sorry.

fattdex
06-08-2007, 12:14
Ooh! As much as I hate tau and don't need any more imperial stuff, I think it's great that they are doing them IA campaign book styles.

Malarick
06-08-2007, 13:31
The book is called Tactica Aeronautica though, the title mentioned here is a background book by Black Library!

rkunisch
06-08-2007, 14:13
Maybe you think of the Arvus lighter (which is available in Epic scale)?

Have fun,

Rolf.

Darnok
06-08-2007, 15:25
The book is called Tactica Aeronautica though, the title mentioned here is a background book by Black Library!

Thanks for reminding me, I always mix it up. :o

Oneofmany
06-08-2007, 20:17
@VERITAS/AEQUITAS

-TigerShark deployment: The way I was told you will not need the special control-XV22 but you can drop gundrones out of the rack and 2 Remora-drones from under the wings with a TigerShark bomber. So I guess that meant the regular Tigershark.

Tis will be the case for Apocalyps for now(there is no 40K AX-22 model)

In AI they will need the AX-22 to work at peek performance,if the AX22 is take down they will still work at a very low initiative.
The new Tigershark AX22 controller has no main armament(no ion or rail gunz,it will have the missiles pods en the burst cannons), a sleeker canopy which is slightly more to the back.(not your standart Tigershark)
The main armament is gone so that the drones can sit in the room where the Main armament should be so the drones are in a bay in the front of the plane.
Will Hayes also show me the pictures out of the few AI Expantion pages he hade whit him.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r227/oneofless/AX22.jpg

Thanks One:chrome: