PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone see a resemblence here?

Lornak Bloodgreed
05-08-2007, 21:51
Lucius the Eternal of the Emperor's Children and Slaanesh
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=258398

Lord Lugft Huron Blackheart of the Red Corsairs and chaos undivided
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=259601

Now, tell me if I am wrong but other than brothers of the same wretched mother, these guys' sculpts look TOO similar, maybe mr. Goodwin is starting to run out of ideas in his old age no?

Gutlord Grom
05-08-2007, 22:01
It's possible, but they could just be based off way to similar torsos.

Frecus
05-08-2007, 22:03
Except for the face, I see two cool, but entirely different models...

Thing is, they both wear corrupted power armour, and both are slightly bent forward. Just his style methinks...

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

The Anarchist
05-08-2007, 22:06
i can see what your getting at. but i think both models are very individual and well crafted, however i don't know but if done by the same guy i wouldn't be to suprised.

also there are only so many cool looking posses for leader models tht look as if their doing something.

Greatoliver
05-08-2007, 22:08
Bear in mind that it may be the paint that does it. If you saw them naked then your views may differ...

Feor
05-08-2007, 22:11
They're both wearing space marine armour and have horribly scarred faces. And the "I'm coming for you" pose is hardly unique. (Abbadon, Gaunt, half the Grey Knight sculpts)

PMTN
05-08-2007, 22:11
Maybe the angle of the chest, and the face. But that is it really. The legs of Lucius are more heavy set and the postures are both different.

But they are both chaos. So who knows...........

Worsle
05-08-2007, 22:31
Lucius also has hooves, but really other than a slight similarity in pose they are not that similar, their faces are not defigured in the same way for one. There is a limited edition model Huron was based of the similarity there is rather good surprisingly enough.

SamaNagol
05-08-2007, 22:56
Huron is based on the Games Day sergeant.

harlequin21
05-08-2007, 23:00
Yeh i got that too, the legs and torso have pretty much the exact same pose with only the arms and head being any different.
Other than the new boots on blackheart the basic pose is the same as the GD Vet Seargent

Maarten
05-08-2007, 23:14
Bear in mind that it may be the paint that does it. If you saw them naked then your views may differ...
Stop! Stop it! Stop thaaaaaargh! Too late!!! Visions of naked chaos people!!!

:p

Feor
06-08-2007, 00:08
Well, I dunno about Huron, but Lucius is a Slaanesh worshipper, for all we know that lash is actually... never mind, it'll just get me in trouble. :)

Lornak Bloodgreed
06-08-2007, 00:43
for all we know that lash is actually...

Ok, bad image my friend, bad, bad, just nooo.

If you saw them naked then your views may differ...

If I saw them naked, EWW, I would probably bleed, go blind, crumple up and implode, just die...

I am just saying that the faces, the backpack's basic design, the chest's basic design, the pose, the mangled appearence, and the pipes that infest their forms, well, there is just too much for me not to think that Huron is based of Lucius' sculpt, oh well, Jes Goodwin slips through the nets again, good boyo :D.

Lord_Squinty
06-08-2007, 00:50
Just my 2cents, but in recent years *though not the last few batches*
all the new models seem to be *conversions* of other models.

There was a time about 2-4 years ago, when nearly every model released by GW you could look at and say - that bit's from a dread, that bits from a chaos marine etc...