PDA

View Full Version : Treadheads, what have you named your tanks?

hamrammr
05-08-2007, 23:35
Hello fellow treadheads! One of my favorite things about IG armies are the tanks. And of course if you really have an unhealthy relationship with your armor plated babies, you name 'em! What have you named yours? Why? I'm just starting my first army, and I've already got my first tank named-

Hamrammr- it's a scandanavian word for werewolf, or a werewolf variant creature. I decided on it because a werewolf is essentially a furry tank.

well?

sigur
05-08-2007, 23:56
I named only one so far.

Gundel:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/my%20IG%20armies/russright1.jpg

Oh, and this quite early conversion of mine - Da Dikkä (Da Fat 'Un):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Lexandro/Orks/dadigge.jpg

edit: sorry 56k'ers.;)

chromedog
05-08-2007, 23:58
My Land Raiders are "Leviathan" and "Behemoth" (and fidei defensor - from the Judas Priest album, but it also appropriate - for the GK).
The Predators are numbered from Charlie Alpha one-one up (I have two of each).
Charlie Alpha is my Chapter's Armoured Company, where the tank support is requisioned from). The Vindicators are Hammer and anvil. The Whirlwinds are Hard rain, and metal storm. Now that's what I call ART-y.

My guard chimeras are "Verloren hoop" (forlorn hope), and "fire magnet" - I only have two inducted AF squads for my DH. Their one leman russ is "the Trooper".

Slaaneshi Slave
06-08-2007, 00:01
Alfa 1
Alfa 2
Alfa 3

Bravo 1
Bravo 2
Bravo 3

I think you get the idea.

I've got 24 (25?) 40k vehicles, so I should come up with a better system...

Killgore
06-08-2007, 00:20
My baneblades called "FoeHammer", the name just stuck in my head after playing halo 1

the tank commander acts rougthly like oddball from Kelly's Heros

Lord Malek The Red Knight
06-08-2007, 00:28
back when i used a pair of Hellhounds they were "Cerberus" and "Hades". :D

i had a VDR super Russ that was called the Leman Russ "Decimator", but that was more of a design name (like "Demolisher"/"Vanquisher" etc). :)

~ Tim

VanHel
06-08-2007, 00:40
I've got an armored company with all tanks and both sentinels named and painted on them. I'll get the names for you soon.

ehlijen
06-08-2007, 00:46
IG:
I have the demolisher triplet: Screamer Killer Killer, Li'l Rippa and Raremaker as well as the hellhound/chimera Deadsmasher. They'll soon be joined by the basilisk Sudden Death

The sentinel doesn't have a name yet and can't come up with anything better than 'log-bait' or 'death chicken'...any help? (It's converted to look like an AT-ST, ie guns mounted under the chin and no exhaust pipes.

Steel Fist Chapter:
Vindicators Victor and Preator, as well as the multipurpose chassis Dracon The dreadnaughts Levis, Dexter and Argus
Land Raider Crusader called Lux Imperati

Tau: four chassis numbered 1 to 4. Depending on whether they are devilfish or something else they are referred to as Skyranger X or Avenger X

victorpofa
06-08-2007, 00:46
My baneblades called "FoeHammer", the name just stuck in my head after playing halo 1

That's also the name of Gandalf's sword which he claimed from the Troll's cave in "The Hobbit". Glamdring which translates into "Foe Hammer".

Still a cool name. If I get a Baneblade that's what I am naming it :)

Angelwing
06-08-2007, 01:00
A few of mine:
shadowsword: Angel
chimera: Summers
Medusa: Baby Boom
Dreadnought: Ivor

Among many others!

Stella Cadente
06-08-2007, 01:08
I will call my 3 super heavies

1: Fratello
2: Promessa
and 3: Febbre alta

HiveFleetEzekial
06-08-2007, 01:20
PH Mk IIb(or a?) patern Land raider. "The Sword of Caliban". Created for the same purpose of the DoC, at the behest of the same person that requested their creation (to the DA forge masters though).

Tanith Ghost
06-08-2007, 01:39
I once had a collection of lemans(long frittered away in trade and sale).

Now that I'm rebuilding, I'm debating what to tag my demolisher.

I'm caught between giving it a destructive name or a girl name.

It's down to either 'Tau slayer' for it's role in disposing of tau scum or 'Elizabeth' in honor of a girl who had a positive impact on my life.

Higgen
06-08-2007, 01:59
My currently sole Leman Russ is named the Incorrigible. No matter how much you try to put it down, it's always going to speak its piece. ;)

I plan to name my Baneblade the Maus after a famous blundering blunder of a tank.

VanDoo
06-08-2007, 02:03
My Land Raider is called Survivor... because it... survived, a lot.

hamrammr
06-08-2007, 02:11
I'll be naming my next tank after my fiancee, so I guess that counts as a girl name. The Narmenians had some bad ass names for their tanks, that was what made me want to name mine. That and it personalizes my force.

cleansingfury
06-08-2007, 02:35
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/froshmenarmy/spacemarines/armorcompany010.jpg

From left to right:
Brother Martin (venerable)
Brother Alexion
Emperor's Messenger
Landspeeder: Talon
Landspeeder: Claw
Predator: Justice
Rhino: Emperor's Faith
Razorback: Emperor's Strength

Yes I know sorta cheesy but hey who cares? They rule!

VanHel
06-08-2007, 02:48
Armored Company:Foehammer, Stalhammer, Noir, Ubermench, Boomer, Sparta. The two sentinels are named the Lynx and Puma.

Praetorans: The Angry Welshman.

Future Superheavy Detatchment: Iron Duke, Rolling Thunder, Sir Boom the 3rd

Titan: Blaidd Drwg (Welsh for Bad Wolf)

Edit: My future dreadnought is going to be called Skellos

Juggernaut246
06-08-2007, 03:27
When i get my first Lemaun(sp) Russ Tank... im going to name it "Big Betty" or something to that effect.

Seeing as there guardsmen from a hive world... the tank crew might have some affectionate nicknames for there tanks.

unclejimbo827
06-08-2007, 04:01
Wargasm (Demolisher), Rusty Bob (Leman Russ), Bessie (Basilisk), Chicken thing (sentinel)

Zedsdead
06-08-2007, 04:33
my AC company command tank is named "Sorcerer".

after the movie of the same name.

cuda1179
06-08-2007, 04:40
I don't name my tanks, I only give them registry numbers inside the turret.

Keichi246
06-08-2007, 05:06
Cadian 122nd, 3rd Batt Armored
Leman Russ: Pride of Cadia, Lion of Cadia, Avenger of Cadia, Loyalty, Emperor's Might, Hammer of the Emperor

LR Demolisher: Righteous Fury
LR Vanquisher: Emperor's Vengance, Thud Gunner, Chaos Crusher
LR Exterminator: Slogger Slayer, Widow Maker, Empty Bunks
Destroyer Tank Hunter: Grim Reaper, Hanging Judge
Basilisk: Olga, Helga, Bertha
Hellhound: Emperor's Wrath, Regular or Extra Crispy
Chimera: Steel Rain, Recon-7, Lucky, Grim Joke, (two others I can't find)
Salamander: Peek a Boo Petra, Sneaky, Shoot -n- Scoot

Forge World Turrets: No-tread Retread, Sitting Duck

FW Baneblade: Arethusa (Max Weisman's Baneblade)
FW Stormblade: Artemis

A couple Space Marine ones - Latin names sound cooler on them... :D
Land Raider Crusader- Repensum Est Canicula (Revenge is a B***h)
Rhino - Raptus regaliter (Royally Screwed)

Finally, one of my other IFVs (A Pig Iron Productions Ironstorm) for another game is called "Ned's Sled".
(backstory involves a large amount of alcohol, a wager, and about 200 thousand creds damage to a local ski resort...)

Puffin Magician
06-08-2007, 05:19
The Armoured Battlegroup I once owned used the number system of the Valhallans [red Cyrillic & numbers, eg: Г-120, on sponged-white; ref: Imperial Armour One]. I didn't name them per-se, but their roster names were changed from GW's "Greek myth" system to the names of congruent vehicles in the modern Russian Army [Hydra = ZSU-23-4 Shilka, etc].

e2061120
06-08-2007, 07:07
I named my two predators after characters from Dune: Leto and Feyd.

I think in future i'll give em stupid names like 'ted' or 'gareth.' What's wrong with a landraider called gareth?

fwacho
06-08-2007, 07:23
hmmm...
I once painted a land raider named "forty-two" for a guy's deth wing.

My space marines tanks are "Probe", "Lexus", and "Malibu". Dreads are named Galan and Arus

Other spacemarine army has a dread named Epentus.

Khornies & milk
06-08-2007, 07:31
I usually just number them, but I had a Whirlwind once that was named "Dervish" - get it, Whirling Dervish.

theshadowduke
06-08-2007, 07:47
I currently have a LRC named Alecto. When I get my standard LR it will be named Megaera, and my LR Terminus will be named Tisiphone.

A cookie to the first person that guesses the origins of the names.

When I get my baneblade it will be named Ultio.

chromedog
06-08-2007, 08:02
Ancient greek myths.
The furies?
I used to read Sandman

junglesnake
06-08-2007, 08:09
I tend to let my tanks name themselves!

My only Leman Russ (at the moment) is named Valliant after it advanced up behind a hil and then got imobalised. However this turned out not to be a bad thing as although it did take hits throughout the game all of them cam to no effect meaning I had a sturdy pill box and cover all in one place.

A platoon comman and one squad under its controll took up position behind the hill as well to protect it from any attempt at close combat.

Althouth the hill blocked the sponson weapons it was in such a position that it could cover nearly half of the field with them anyway and could fire at anything bearing down on my infantry line.

I haven't named many of my marine vehicles yet because they need to earn their strypes. I have named my Rhino "Snoopy" as after off-loading troops I use it to block line of sight to other vehicles, or to attempt to tank shock low leadership enemy units.

My Razorback is in the process of being names after it took out two devilfish in one game.

VanHel
06-08-2007, 08:20
What's wrong with a landraider called gareth?

If I ever get a land raider I'm naming it Gareth.

sqigglett
06-08-2007, 08:21
hell yeh. i love tanks and name every single one.

Halcyon504
06-08-2007, 09:14
My Black Templars have these vehicles: Razorback, Rhino, Land Raider Crusader, Predator Annihilator, and Dreadnought.

Names are:

Razorback - Grunbeld
Rhino - Holy Shield
Land Raider Crusader - Blessed Hammer
Predator - Veritas
Dreadnought - Revered Brother Auldous

god octo
06-08-2007, 11:11
I've named all of my Witch hunters vehicles. I "Purloined" all the names from Vegnagun's attacks from FFX-2, as I thought they sounded very sisterly:

Rhino 1: Dies Irae
Rhino 2: Pallida Mors
Chimera: Ultima
Immolator: Momento Mori
Exorcist: Acta Est Fabula

Serpent
06-08-2007, 11:53
Demolisher:
"Big Mama Maisy"
Exterminator:
"Lady Pearl"
Basilisk:
"Dame Mareeka"
Sentinels:
"Li'l Vixen", "Darin' Daisee", "Teasin' Joweena" "Sweet Feet", etc.

Female names, with a bit of humour from the tank crews.

Bunnahabhain
06-08-2007, 12:23
Mine mainly just have numbers, and a colour code for Battle tanks, Artillery,a and infantry fighting vehicles, but some have a class name.

VDR Creation. Chimera hull, with large, open turret, mounting a vanquisher cannon in it, very much in the mould of American WWII tank destroyers.

Class named Bellaphron. - for those of you who don't know their classical myths, he was the hero who slew the chimera.

Of course, most of the time they're counts as basalisks.

The Highlander
06-08-2007, 12:30
Well so far my Highlander Army named tanks. My Exterminator ‘Milltear’, My two MTBs ‘Hammer of the North’ and ‘Sealgair’ and my chimera ‘Gaisgeach’. All the names are in Gaelic (except Hammer of the North obviously) and mean ‘destroyer’, ‘hunter’ and ‘warrior’ respectively.

junglesnake
06-08-2007, 15:22
I currently have a LRC named Alecto. When I get my standard LR it will be named Megaera, and my LR Terminus will be named Tisiphone.

A cookie to the first person that guesses the origins of the names.

When I get my baneblade it will be named Ultio.

I may be way off here, but am hungry and like cookies!

Are they Greek Tragedies?

The_Outsider
06-08-2007, 15:28
Dais of destruction.

Oh wai-

Ko Improbable
06-08-2007, 16:03
Hello fellow treadheads! One of my favorite things about IG armies are the tanks. And of course if you really have an unhealthy relationship with your armor plated babies, you name 'em! What have you named yours? Why? I'm just starting my first army, and I've already got my first tank named-

Hamrammr- it's a scandanavian word for werewolf, or a werewolf variant creature. I decided on it because a werewolf is essentially a furry tank.

well?

I don't remember most of them. I used babelfish to (poorly) translate some names into Russian for them. Furious Step and Blue Tiger are the only two I can remember off the top of my head.

Colonel Deal
06-08-2007, 16:28
So far I've named my first Leman Russ Burtram's Glory. I've not thought up a name for my Chimera yet.

I named one of my Iron Warrior predators Revenge. Any other Iron Warrior vehicles are going to end up with greek gods names, given the name of the Iron Warriors original homeworld.

For my Orks, I've got a stretched wartrukk for my Warboss called Da' Warbus. Then there are my three Killer Kans, Basha, Cutta and Smasha.

Agamemnon2
06-08-2007, 18:23
I've leant towards the slightly cryptic. My medusa is named "Cnaeus", after Cnaeus Pompeius Magnus, and by Chimera is dubbed "Bad Wolf". Other vehicles lack names as of yet, and might or might not get them eventually.

He who is doom
06-08-2007, 18:38
my defiler that i converted is called Charlie
he has so far caused more pain on the battlefield and cause some freak outs by being beaten by a defiler called Charlie

Gutlord Grom
06-08-2007, 19:48
Rhinos:Old Junky and New Old Junky
Whirlwind: Explodey
Predator Annihalator:Hell hammer
Land Speeder:Crashy
Dreadnaught: Venerable Dreadnaught Bob

Dr.Clock
06-08-2007, 20:18
Predators Blessed Severity and Dutiful Service of the Salamander's fifth.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor

The_Warsmith
06-08-2007, 20:24
my pet, deamonicly possessed, basilisk is called Basil and my pet, deamonicly possessed, vindicator is called Vin

the rest are just called tank 3,4 and 5 and the dreadnaught is called a bad word begining with a 'B' because he always shoots me or dies in turn 1 (he has since been confined to the shelf)

Lord Cook
06-08-2007, 20:25
I named my tank squadrons, which contain 3 tanks each.

Vanquisher with 2 Leman Russ 'wingmen' - Tiger Squadron
Exterminator with 2 Leman Russ - Cougar Squadron
Executioner with 2 Demolishers - Jaguar Squadron
3 Chimeras - Lynx Squadron

If I ever get a Macharius (hopefully soon) it will be named Sabretooth.

'Bellerophon' is being reserved for anything at least as big as a baneblade, but I doubt I'll get to that.

dcikgyurt
06-08-2007, 20:30
My new predator is going to be called "The Balance of Judgement."

My Defiler is called "Astoreth the Eternally Bound."

My Dreadnought is called "Gruerabid the Apsotate."

And my rhinos are called "Persistance" and "Perseverance."

Subtext
06-08-2007, 20:34
http://www.tabletopwelt.de/forum/gallery/files/1/5/2/1/9/LemanRuss1-2.jpg

Malchek
06-08-2007, 20:41
my old forgeworld armageddon pattern basilisk was called cyclops - doesn't take a lot to figure out for a basilisk ;) I loved the damn thing - why did I sell it!? ;)

MadDogMike
06-08-2007, 22:25
My Predator Anhillator rejoices in the name "Bugstomper", and I have a Rhino/Razorback named "Wanderer". Still trying to come up with good names for my Whirlwind and Vindicator, not to mention my other 2 Rhinos.

The Anarchist
06-08-2007, 22:45
from my armourd company;

Leman Russ; Talor's Pride, Evangalist, Imortal (this tank was my first ever, and despite being droped from 3rd story window and god knows what else is still going good!)
Basalisk; Marylin and Betty
Leman Russ Exterminator; Foe Reaper, and Tally (i actualy tally andthen paint on his number of kills onto his hull :D
Leman Russ Executioner; Mortus Rex (my pride and joy)
Leman Russ Vanquisher; Farsight and No chance

yeah I'am that sad, i have named every model in my army (thank the Emperor its a tank IG and not horde IG lol) they all have it stenciled on the tank as well :)

Gaius_Baltar
06-08-2007, 22:48
Well since all the guy's down at the local GW and I are quite... well extreamly silly and random the names for many things also are quite silly and random.

My leeman russ, which I converted to have slacking treds in the front, and made it so you can sorta see the wheels, like on the Malcador. I named "Mr. Slackey Slacks"
My other tanks havent been named yet, but are surely gonna get even more stupid names.

Though I've named 7 of my Infantry so far with the names; Doritos, Smort, Shloop, Camion, Captain Mc Jumpey, Flamey-Flames, Jambalambalam.

And ofcourse there's the names we call eachother in the local GW.
My real name's Cameron, but i'm called Camion which is French for truck, which is where my second nickname came from which is CamTruck.

kamedake88
06-08-2007, 22:52
My BA landraiders name is Crimson Killer and my Crusader is Steve. All my rhino's are bullet sponge or Shoot Me

Randy
06-08-2007, 23:01
I'm somewhat tempted to work out which of my preds does better.. thenjust clal it "Dakka"... As a testament to the inrivalled coolness f the orks.. XD

Ironhand
06-08-2007, 23:24
I don't name my tanks, I only give them registry numbers inside the turret.

I do the same thing. No names, just a squadron letter and number on the turret, like A01, A02, etc., and red-white-red striping on the front hull sides as a company marking.

Duhgame
06-08-2007, 23:28
I don't bother with official names for my troops/tanks. In games we do give them nicknames depending on how they are performing with the dice however. "Fire-magnet", "Bob", and "Worthless piece of #%$#%$#%*$#!!!!!" are the most common.

The Fifth Horseman
06-08-2007, 23:39
My vehicles always get new names when I'm creating an army list. These not very creative, though, I most often go for "Shield of Faith" or something of this kind for transporters. Tanks are generally called "Hammer of Justice / Fury / Whatever" or, if they're lucky, more creatice nick like "Divine Intervention".
I don't really know why, but I never even thought of giving names to my Eldar tanks.

BTW, It's my first post here on WS. It's quite good occasion to apologize in advance for my English ;).

Lord Cook
07-08-2007, 00:13
I'm willing to bet your English is an awful lot better than our Polish. Welcome!

elvinltl
07-08-2007, 07:01
I call my Falcon "Indestructable Tweety". simply because it don't seem to die no matter what my enemy throw at it. LOL

theshadowduke
07-08-2007, 07:17
Ancient greek myths.
The furies?
I used to read Sandman

Thats correct, its the names of the 3 furies.

A cookie to you chrome.

Redstormrisen
07-08-2007, 09:22
Baslisk-Its Own Nemisis. Only tank I have ever seen to scatter double six straight back and then get a 6 on th glancing table.

Chimera-Confusion. Still yet to turn p in a game with escalation. Gets lost.

Leman Russ 1 - Kill to death. 20 space marines in two turns.

Leman Russ 2 - Cadias Glory.

Leman Russ Demolisher - Asplode.

Laser tank destroyer- Shoop De Woop (http://chargin.ytmnd.com/)

Ha7y
07-08-2007, 10:58
Brian - My tank

Sureshot05
07-08-2007, 11:07
My land raider is called "The Bringer of Woe" and it was a gift from my (now Ex) girlfriend. Always raises a smile with my friends when ever that hits the table.

Brother Marius is the name of my Dreadnought as I bought him just as my recently converted captain got dropped and broke. The captain has since been repaired and rebuilt as someone else, but the old captain still lives on, interred inside the machine.

My chaos daemon dreadnought is called "Cruncher" and has a great habit of surviving everything until he is in the midst of the largest melee he can find and then detonating in spectacular fashion.

I've yet to name my guard tanks beyond a divisional sense, but I kinda like refering to them as "Thats my 1st squadron, second basilisk." Feels more fitting with the guard.

dcikgyurt
07-08-2007, 12:07
My chaos daemon dreadnought is called "Cruncher" and has a great habit of surviving everything until he is in the midst of the largest melee he can find and then detonating in spectacular fashion.

Your's too, eh? :D

Lord Solar Plexus
07-08-2007, 12:35
Tanks of the 72nd Weyland Rifles, 1st Brigade, C Company

WLR 72.1.C "Leman Russ" MBT-1
WLR 72.1.C "Leman Russ" MBT-2
WLR 72.1.C "Hellhound" AST-1

Tanks of the 1st Arrynbow Regulars, 2nd Brigade, A Company

Renown
Repulse
Resistance

dcikgyurt
07-08-2007, 12:42
Renown
Repulse
Resistance

My father served on the first two.......

Oh, wait......They were submarines! :D

Partisan Rimmo
07-08-2007, 13:03
My Guard Leman Russes are called:

Heart of Fire
Steelsoul
No Reprieve

My Chimeras I just name after the squad they carry

When naming my numerous, numerous Space Marine tanks I just pull something latin-esque out of my ass.

chromedog
07-08-2007, 13:08
When I get around to doing a 'proper' guard army, I'm naming my tanks after the Slammers' blower company. Might even build a hydra and call it a calliope. So, they won't be skimmers. Tanks are tanks.

Lord Cook
07-08-2007, 13:11
Laser tank destroyer- Shoop De Woop (http://chargin.ytmnd.com/)

LOL. Where did you get the music?

EDIT: And Sleazy (below) just proved he's truly worthy of his name.

Sleazy
07-08-2007, 13:22
all my tanks have ex gfs names on them in a ww2 styley.

that way i dont get too upset, when i'm doing badly.."oh dear Rosie just exploded, never mind"

"Louise recieves a double penetration to the rear, what else is new?"

Partisan Rimmo
07-08-2007, 14:17
Sleazy, you are a legend

Lord Solar Plexus
07-08-2007, 14:54
My father served on the first two.......

Oh, wait......They were submarines! :D

Ah yes, my tanks are named after the BC's of the Renown-class, not the subs of the Resolution-class. If I fielded any super-heavies, I'd name them after BB's (avoiding any historical or geopraphical names such as KGV or Scharnhorst or Australia).

scoundr3L
07-08-2007, 16:08
two leman russes and a stormblade

leman russ 1: High Roller

russ 2: crusader

stormblade: Venerat en Mortis (Honor in Death in imperial high gothic which is a mixture of greek and latin)

Sergeant Vaathan
07-08-2007, 16:29
I only have a predator and a landraider crusader for my space marines so far, but the predator is called "Swift Retribution" and I haven't figured one out for my crusader... something like "Impending Justice"...

MorningLightMountain
07-08-2007, 16:42
Named my first Hellhound "Auld Bernie"

Should think of some names for my others though.

Joewrightgm
07-08-2007, 18:00
Predator Acutus
Dreadnought Zaal

NorthernMike
07-08-2007, 18:40
One of my Russ's is called "Old Blue", mostly just cause he's old, and yeah, blue.

I <3 W
08-09-2007, 04:49
cmon guys who names their tanks something fluffy? Funny FTW. My friend has a predator named the batmobile and a rhino called the hippo. My baneblade's gonne be something fluffy as a name, but with funny stuff on it. like "caution: do not prevoke" "insert emperrors wrath here" (on mega battlecannnon) "WTank" etc.

I <3 W
08-09-2007, 04:53
all my tanks have ex gfs names on them in a ww2 styley.

that way i dont get too upset, when i'm doing badly.."oh dear Rosie just exploded, never mind"

"Louise recieves a double penetration to the rear, what else is new?"
I'm sure your a nerd , you do happen to play 40k. Therefore what your oimplying would nebver happen unless of course she was paid (and probably picked up from a street corner and....oh damN any stvs?

lol I could keep going. Sorry , but I just hate it when web nerds try to macho-ize themselves.

EDIT: although yeah...that wasd kinda fiunny

M1A2 Commander
08-09-2007, 10:04
I named mine after the teams in Stargate SG-1.

SG-1, SG-2, SG-3, ect. Not very original but it works for now. :)

Easy E
08-09-2007, 10:58
I didn't name the individual tanks, but the Armored regiment (Yes, Regiment) is the 1st Saint Paulus "Timberwolves".

My Nurgle AC does have ach tank named:
PlagueHammer
Lord of Flies
Pestilent 1
Corrupter
Scarlet's Fever
Pox Imperialis
Typhoid Mary
True Purity

My favorite name is my friends' Bassilisk. It's called the Rumpshaker.

Maxis Lithium
08-09-2007, 11:05
I am an anime freak, so I name all my tanks after Ships from Anime.

The Arcadia - from My Youth in Arcadia/the adventures of Captain Harlock.
The Death's Shadow - See Arcadia
The Macross - from Super Dimensional Fortrice Macorss/Robotech
Bonapart - From Dominion Tank Police - not actually a ship, but the name of a tank.
The Toy Box - From Full Metal Panic
The Albion - from Gundam 83: Stardust Memory
The Soyukaze - from Irresponsible Capitan Tyler
The Aoba - from Big Wars (I kid you not, that's what the movie was called!)

And I have a sentinel named Alphans in homage of Liona Ozaki of Pat Labour.

Bunnahabhain
08-09-2007, 12:07
The Storm troopers airborne assualt carrier will gets it's name, Brunnhilde, on it as soon as my painting gets good enough to Freehand a busty, Germanic looking blond on the side of the nose.

Do you know just how much converting and painting you can do whilst listening to the ring cycle once through?

ssgtdude
08-09-2007, 16:17
For the Amazonian LXIX I have named my tanks as well

superheavy Storm Sword I named the "Bimbo Girl"
Basilisk is named "Clueless"
Leman Russ is "Betty's Pride"
Hellhoun "Easy Bake"

To be named:
Sentinel
Immolator#1
Immolator#2

Easy E
08-09-2007, 16:55
ssgtdude- You should name the Bassie "The Blonde Bombshell"

Save "Clueless" for the Sentinel. That's an appropriate name for a scout vehicle.

ssgtdude
08-09-2007, 17:13
ssgtdude- You should name the Bassie "The Blonde Bombshell"

Save "Clueless" for the Sentinel. That's an appropriate name for a scout vehicle.

You obviously have not seen my sentinel in action. That lady knows exactly what she is doing. In one game she is the only one to take out three vehicles while bassie couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it was aimed for her. I swear that stupid blonde must have gone to the Ork firing range.

ServanoTomasin
08-09-2007, 20:48
I name 'em anything I like!

My marine tanks don't have painted on names, but do have them. This came around after I changed their names frequently after battles, but gave up after the 6th names.....

My guard are different. The Padus 8th armoured w/- cadian 85th have numerous names. My commander (both the tank and infantry) used to be called Harau, but after an accident painting a moustache on them, the foot commander is now:
Comic, heroic senior officer : Groucho Marks.

Anyway back to tanks:
HQ: Exterminator : Line of Fury
Comissar: Behind you all
Elites:
HQ ARV : (any of the listed) Hoist, the flying spanner, Dagnus-Zek's/Lydis-Yankbel's pride, The flying Spanner, (the run away) Tool-kit, Willow/Ally
Favourite name for it: Corpse dragger
can any one guess why thats my favourite name?
Cheif Enginseer: Either: Dagnus-Zek or Lydis-Yanbel

ARVs :draggin' wagon, the mule, Pick-up, Tow-line

Troops:
Leman-russ 1:Unlucky sod the 17th
leman-russ 2:Old un-reliable
leman-russ 3:One-shot wonder
leman-russ 4:Rusty-leman
leman-russ 5:Sharp-shooter
Hell-hound : The fire-fighters
Sentinel: Funky-chicken

Heavy support:
Basilisk: Nearly-got-'em
Vanquisher: Death-calling

Sons of Russ
08-09-2007, 21:51
Predator Destructor #1: "Avenger"

Predator Destructor #2: "Warspite"
[Command Tank]

Landraider Terminus: "Broadsword"

Landraider Prometheus: "Argus" [giant of a thousand eyes]

Coming soon:

Vindicator Linebreaker Squadron:

"Minotaur, Medusa,Menelaus"

Rhinos: Mechanized Bunkers 1-4

advinius
08-09-2007, 23:02
I have only named two of my tanks, and one is more of a crew's nickname than anything else.

one of my standard pattern Russes is named "the Pride of Keltax", Keltax 4 being the agriworld my regiment is from.

the exterminator pattern has "hot lead overload" scrawled on the dozer blade, for fairly obvious reasons.

Joewrightgm
08-09-2007, 23:26
added 2 Rhinos and a Razorback to my Angels;

Rhino 1 and 2: Boreas and Thumiel
Razorback: Uzziel

my new Black Legion:
Defiler: Back Breaker

Inquisitor D'selinas
08-09-2007, 23:48
All my Russes have girls names

I have a Vanquisher called Rosland, 3 Leman Russ called Bertha, Martha and Genevieve

My super heavies get the more grandiose names of Castigator, tho that is shortened to 'Cassie' and Ironspite

Ailaros
08-09-2007, 23:55
I named my basilisk the "Lord Excellence". It doesn't care that it's name is an adjectival, and it's willing to take issue with those who do.

Beast Rabban
09-09-2007, 00:23
The official unofficial names for my mech. co. use the names of folk I know from wargamerau.

Speedy, Cannonball, straylight, etc.
A Baneblade is on the way: The Undisputed Truth.

soul destroyer
09-09-2007, 01:10
All my tanks have names so here they are;

land raider, Old iron sides
predator, Glory hunter
razor back, Vega
whirlwind, cometa
rhino#1, Lui
rhino#2, Battered ba**ard (it blows up a lot)
vindicator, Ajax

TheOverlord
09-09-2007, 01:18
Rhino(s) = The Stigg's Rhino, christened on account of several games where it has survived where the rest of the army did not. As a matter of fact, it faced no less than 3 lascannons, 2 autocannons, and a missile launcher (anti armor gun) with no more than a shaken result. Sometimes this includes a second rhino, which in the same game was immobilized only to be repaired on a 6 the very next turn. (The Stigg, or however he's spelt, from Top Gear)

Easy E
09-09-2007, 13:06
I have only named two of my tanks, and one is more of a crew's nickname than anything else.

one of my standard pattern Russes is named "the Pride of Keltax", Keltax 4 being the agriworld my regiment is from.

the exterminator pattern has "hot lead overload" scrawled on the dozer blade, for fairly obvious reasons.

That reminded me of one of my freinds Exterminators. It was nick named the "Lead Hose".

The_Patriot
09-09-2007, 13:09
The only built Exorcist I have is named, "Love Hurts". :D