PDA

View Full Version : sorcerer war gear for dark elves

lector#1
06-08-2007, 03:00
what gear should a level 4 sorcerer have in a 50/50 army of shooting and combat she will have the dark lore and will be moundted on a coldone

any help would be great

thanks in advance

Spoonie
06-08-2007, 03:32
Firstly, I wouldn't advise mounting an important spell caster on a cold one. If she goes stupid it really hurts. Either go for a dark steed or splurge on a pegasus, especially if she's using dark lore. As for equipment, a ward save and the Soulstone is never a bad option.

lector#1
06-08-2007, 09:44
ok im going to mount her on a dark horse

i am going to stick her in a unit of 5-8 dark riders with repeater crossbows
im going to give her either darkstar cloak and either the black amulet or the crown of black ironor the deathmask.....
(possible the deathmask because the model i will make will have a big scary mask on (old dark emissary head)on old chaos sorcer body havealy converted to be mounted
if i have enough points left over and either a power stone or a dispell scroll

Kerill
06-08-2007, 09:50
the magic crossbow (life taker?) isn't bad for them either, especially if they will be fiddling about with the dark riders (oo-er missus)

Web of shadows for a nasty suprise and overkill against an enemy champion?

Count Zero
06-08-2007, 10:02
warning about the black amulet is that it only works in combat, so if your sorc isnt planning on getting into close combat then its not worth using, as it totaly useless if a big rock etc lands on her.

you should check out the newer items in the Cult of Slanesh list, there is a 4+ ward item there for under 50pts. the crown is a good one too.

lector#1
06-08-2007, 11:20
the magic crossbow (life taker?) isn't bad for them either, especially if they will be fiddling about with the dark riders (oo-er missus)

Web of shadows for a nasty suprise and overkill against an enemy champion?

is she able to use the cross bow and cast BLACK HORROR aswell in the same turn ( fave spell)

and if i give her gear from cult of slannesh doesnt that mean i have to take slannesh lore?

lector#1
06-08-2007, 11:26
umm if i take cult of slanesh list does that mean i cant take executioners or any of the assasins or beast masters?? it seems liek a very restricted list but itt could be effective i guess.

winter has ended
06-08-2007, 11:28
erm i cant remember lkol look at the lit, its handy as your immune to psychology but yoiu can still take your normal loresif she isnt marked

Spoonie
06-08-2007, 12:34
She would have to be marked if she was the general, which she has to be unless you're playing with more than 1 lord, I believe. Just take the crown and call it a day.

Count Zero
06-08-2007, 12:45
Most of the CoS items can be used in the normal DE army, so no worries there. there a few good ones, a new weapon that does +2 str & killiing blow, a 4+ ward, a banner that allows flee then rally. there have also been some other items realeased as well. this is beacuse i think GW realised the DE items were in the whole not up to it. the Dark Sword - a magic weapon the relys on you not killing your opponent to work, ergo you must have been killed (or 1 of you fled) to take effect. Great :)

Dark elves have an amazing webiste called www.druchii.net on there the FAQ has links to these new items and the rules revision if you need it.

lethlis
06-08-2007, 15:14
Yes all the items in the cult list are official and can be used in druchii armies, only time it is not allowed is some tournaments dont allow anything that have restrictions, but they will say it.

I would go heartstone of darkness ( 4+ ward) and darkstar cloak(+1dice).

Gazak Blacktoof
06-08-2007, 15:21
If you want the CoS list and don't have the book then go here (http://stormofchaos.uk.games-workshop.com/book/armies/default.htm).