PDA

View Full Version : 1k Brettonian list

FarmerJoe16
06-08-2007, 06:44
ok im a new brettonian player so i could use some suggestions to this army list. its my first list so dont call me a noob for it =D.

Pally
general
lance
sword of might (+1 strength)
gromril great helm (+1 armor save and re-roll failed armor saves)
shield
morning star
=132

Pally
battle standard bearer
warbanner (+1 combat resolution)
virtue of duty (+1 combat resolution)
shield
=131

damsel lvl 1
dispel scroll x2 (in case they have magic)
=120
=================
10 knights of the realm /w flag (no musicion)
=256
10 knights errant /w full command and errantry banner (+1 strength on charge)
=241
8 bowmen skirmishers and champion
=64
8 bowmen and champion
=53

total=997

damsel would go with the bowmen. BSB and general goes with the knights errant. also if they dont have any magic like dwarces, i would jsut replace damsel with maybe men at arms or something.
Remember this is my first army list so it might suck but please just leave some comments on how to improve it.

Malorian
06-08-2007, 07:53
-Don't bother with defensive gear for your general. Brets win on the charge, if you are getting attacked you did something wrong.

-Your ASB is perfect except some peolpe argue he can't have a shield. I just don't bother with it.

-I'd drop the damsel. she's useless for castnig and I've found that since you're charging turn 2 the points you spent on that damsel (120) is more than the amount of knights you'll lose (6 KE, 5 KoTR). Plus if they don't have magic it's all a waste. Get more knights in stead.

-Why are your units 10 big? they use the lance formation and thus should be based off 3's (6/9/12)

-Champs in archers are fun, but not really worth it. Plus I'm pretty sure you can't have units as small as 8... put them all in one unit (all skirmish)

FarmerJoe16
06-08-2007, 08:03
ya i see ur point with the skirmishers, but i only put the knights in groups of 10 cause that was all i could afford, but without the damsel ill fill in the ranks. i only was gonna use the damsel as a caddy for dispel scrolls if my opponent had any magic.

druchii
06-08-2007, 08:43
ok im a new brettonian player so i could use some suggestions to this army list. its my first list so dont call me a noob for it =D.

Pally
general
lance
sword of might (+1 strength)
gromril great helm (+1 armor save and re-roll failed armor saves)
shield
morning star
=132

Pally
battle standard bearer
warbanner (+1 combat resolution)
virtue of duty (+1 combat resolution)
shield
=131

damsel lvl 1
dispel scroll x2 (in case they have magic)
=120
=================
10 knights of the realm /w flag (no musicion)
=256
10 knights errant /w full command and errantry banner (+1 strength on charge)
=241
8 bowmen skirmishers and champion
=64
8 bowmen and champion
=53

total=997

damsel would go with the bowmen. BSB and general goes with the knights errant. also if they dont have any magic like dwarces, i would jsut replace damsel with maybe men at arms or something.
Remember this is my first army list so it might suck but please just leave some comments on how to improve it.

Also, your lord can't have a lance and a morning star, in addition they're reduntant. The lance works on the charge, and then the sword of might kicks in.

Alternatively, you can throw the lance of Artois on your general (grabbing the virtue of confidence instead of the gromril great helm) and stick the sword of might on the BSB while you give his UNIT the warbanner (thus allowing him to take magic items).

Definately stick your knight units in units of 8, with characters, I'd also ditch the second unit of peasants and either beef up your initial skirmishing unit, or get more knights.

luck.
d

FarmerJoe16
06-08-2007, 18:40
ok heres a revised one

Pally
general
virtue of confidence
lance of artoris
horse
shield
=126

Pally
BSB
sword of might
vritue of duty
==========
16 bowmen skirmishers
=112
8 knights of the realm /w flag and warbanner
=315
8 knights errant /w full command and errantry banner
=261

BSB goes with the knights of the realm and the general goes with knights errant.
total= 807
ok i have 193 points left over, should i get 3 pegasus knights? or i could get 6 other knights or so for support.

FarmerJoe16
06-08-2007, 18:43
wait oops the points are all messed up on that one hold on let me make a new one with the right points.

FarmerJoe16
06-08-2007, 18:49
Pally
general
virtue of confidence
lance of artoris
shield
horse
=126

Pally
BSB
sword of might
virtue of duty
=124
==========
16 bowmen skirmishers
=112
8 knights of the realm /w flag and warbanner
=233
=201

total=796
general goes with knights errant and BSB goes with knights of the realm
i have 204 points left. should i get 3 pegasus knights? or some more knights of the realm as support?

The Anarchist
06-08-2007, 18:51
in my experence with Bret armies and though many opponeents will cry "bree, stilton, chedder, and that horrible smelling one" foot troops very rly make back their points worth. personaly i would drop the bowmen and try to get two units of mounted Yeomen to help protect your large knights units flanks.
also can the BSB actualy carry and use a magical sword, eiher way i would advise replacing it with the battle banner as you realneed to break your opponent on the charge with Brets.

druchii
06-08-2007, 20:55
in my experence with Bret armies and though many opponeents will cry "bree, stilton, chedder, and that horrible smelling one" foot troops very rly make back their points worth. personaly i would drop the bowmen and try to get two units of mounted Yeomen to help protect your large knights units flanks.
also can the BSB actualy carry and use a magical sword, eiher way i would advise replacing it with the battle banner as you realneed to break your opponent on the charge with Brets.

Adding a sword of might to the Paladin actually makes it more likely that Bretonnians will Break their opponents on the charge. Keep the sword.

My 1k list loos almost exactly like yours, except that I've got a unit of 3 PKs added. The PKs are an absolute steal at such a low game, and they're usually toughter than anything but a fully ranked infantry unit, or chosen.

d

FarmerJoe16
07-08-2007, 03:42
so you think i should get 3 pegasus knights? or get questing knights or other knights?

FarmerJoe16
so you think i should get 3 pegasus knights? or get questing knights or other knights?

FarmerJoe16

FarmerJoe16
07-08-2007, 04:11
oops sorry about posting it 3 times. lol accident

Malorian
07-08-2007, 04:28
I'd go with the 3 pegasus knights. At 2000 I run a unit of 5 and they are absolute gold.

Since the GW chance questing knights just aren't as good as they used to be, and now the area the excel in narrowed. I only use mine at 3000.

And as far as the cheese statement, you can tell them to cram it. This is the way Brets are suppose to be. Extrememly powerful on the charge, but if you ever get charged you're toast. My gamnig group used to complain about how my brets were overpowered and that's why I kept beating them, so I let them use my brets and I used my ogres and I CRUSHED them.

People that don't know how to use tactics really get on my nerves...

But back to the point, your list is looking pretty solid now. Just get some practice and then move up to 2000.

FarmerJoe16
07-08-2007, 04:42
alright thx a bunch guys. im gonna test it on my friend who plays dwarves =D

CHOOBER SNIPES
07-08-2007, 04:45
i agree about PKs
Also, Bretonnians can rock a unit in low point games, take pallie BSB with 8 KotR. Give BSB wyrmlance, cus no rule he cant take a magical lance, and give a warbanner to the KotR unit. u have a static combat res of 2 ranks + 2 warbanner + 1 BSB + 1 outnumber with Unit strength 18 probly after kills, which will be high. U have 7 WS4 S5 attacks, 3 WS5 S6 attacks, and 7 WS3 S3 attacks, pretty hardcore for a relatively lowpoint (for its abilities) unit. Also in ur given 1000 pt. game it will almost certainly break or just slaughter most units outright bar chosen. Even the hardest units will take a ton of damage, and very well might break, because other than ranks and banner, their res will be low, cus probly no kills with so few attacking back

CHOOBER SNIPES
07-08-2007, 04:49
sry bout double post, but i forgot virtue of duty, boosting to static res of 7 +kills

FarmerJoe16
07-08-2007, 05:03
should i get rid of the sword of might on BSB and put in a warbanner?

CHOOBER SNIPES
07-08-2007, 05:20
no, stick the warbanner on the unit, and take normal battlestandard (free) and take a wyrmlance. since its magical, he can take it, so he has 3 WS5 S6 attacks on the charge

Malorian
07-08-2007, 08:17
I'm not a big fan of the wyrmlance. I'd stay with the sword of might.

If you are using a flame template it means you didn't charge.... which is bad...

Irennicus
07-08-2007, 08:29
I'm not a big fan of the wyrmlance. I'd stay with the sword of might.

If you are using a flame template it means you didn't charge.... which is bad...

Noob question, does this mean that every game with Brets is two-dimensional? If you see the Brets charging a lot they're winning, but never winning if they're being charged? That seems like it could suck hard.

Malorian
07-08-2007, 09:05
At small games yes. At 1000 it's really simplistic and not a lot to it as far as the bret player is concerned. (Other than the obvious things he can do)

Once you get to normal games of 2000 or more then you can really have interesting games with smaller lances to bait charge, or other intersting units like mounted yeomen.

Basically small games will always be one dimensional, but with the min character requirements of brets, 'small' is bigger than with other armies. (With orks there is a lot you can do with 1000 or even 500)

CHOOBER SNIPES
07-08-2007, 22:14
yea but its the only lance he can take, for the +2 strength on the important part, the charge. better than +1 strength all the time for what your doing. He cant take mundane lances but he can take magical ones, if he doesnt take a magic banner, which, in this build, you dont. who cares if it has a useless ability, (in this unit), it gives him +2 strength

FarmerJoe16
09-08-2007, 05:10
alright heres the final list

Pally
general
virtue of confidence
lance of artoris
shield
horse
=126

Pally
BSB
wyrmlance
virtue of duty
=124
==========
16 bowmen skirmishers
=112
8 knights of the realm /w full command and warbanner
=241
=201
==========
3 pegasus knights /w full command
= 195

total= 989

i dont think i can put in 11 more points to anything so im totally maxed out it looks like

CHOOBER SNIPES
10-08-2007, 20:52
if u had the model, u could put in another peasant bowman...

FarmerJoe16
11-08-2007, 06:05
haha sounds good ill just do that =D