PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Bretonnian List

Kerill
06-08-2007, 07:39
Ok this is a bretonnian army which has unbeknownst fallen under the influence of Tzeentch, whilst Duke Artois simply wants to change thelot of peasants in the kingdom he is being swayed by a sorcerer and his apprentice who are part of a powerful Tzeentchian cabal. His movement for change has gathered a hard core of peasant support who will fight to the death to enact change (in this army they are represented by the grail reliquae).

Anyone let me know what you think of the army since I have never played bretonnians:

1 * Paladin (general, warhorse, h armour, grail vow, enchanted shield, tress of isoulde, sword of might, lance 149 Pts

9 Knights Errant full command:errantry banner 221 Pts

This is the main hammer unit+1S,a lance and the tress should cause some damage even with only 3 attacks on the charge.

1 Paladin Battle Standard Bearer, warhorse, biting blade 84 Pts

9 Knights of the Realm full command: war banner@ 265 Pts

2nd hammer

1 Level 4 Tzeentch cultist (prophetess of the lady) level 4, barded horse, powerstone, silver mirror 311 Pts

The real leader of the army I plan to take life lore. Silver mirror is a fluff choice (very Tzeentchian) and the powerstone is to increase magic attack

6 Knights of the Realm full command 168 Pts (Prophetess' guard

6 Knights of the Realm full command 168 Pts (spare lance for combats)

4 Pegasus Knights, musician 230 Pts (taking out enemy war machines and combo charges)

5 Mounted Yeomen @ 87 Pts, shields, musician (general annoyance unit

1 Cult apprentice (Damsel), chalice of malfleur, power stone 150 Pts

joins the cultists below and takes beast lore for a nice range of spells and the bears anger if this unit ever gets to charge

Cultists of change (grail reliquae) 18 pilgrims 226 Pts

1 Field Trebuchet @ 90 Pts (to add a shooting phase for heavier troops to add to the magic attacks)

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5 (effectively 6 when needed)

I know that brets are best plaid combat heavy with scroll caddy but the 2 mages will be staying regardless. Feel free to rip apart the rest.

I'm also considering mounting the lesser spellcaster and swapping out the prophetess for a dark emissary to join the battle pilgrims as he has great spells, Ld8 and a ward save.

Malorian
06-08-2007, 08:15
1 * Paladin (general, warhorse, h armour, grail vow, enchanted shield, tress of isoulde, sword of might, lance 149 Pts

9 Knights Errant full command:errantry banner 221 Pts

This is the main hammer unit+1S,a lance and the tress should cause some damage even with only 3 attacks on the charge.

***if the paladin is gonig here his grail vow is completely useless. personally I'd give him the sword of might and that's it***

1 Paladin Battle Standard Bearer, warhorse, biting blade 84 Pts

9 Knights of the Realm full command: war banner@ 265 Pts

2nd hammer

***biting blade is pretty weak... work in the points for a magical lance***

1 Level 4 Tzeentch cultist (prophetess of the lady) level 4, barded horse, powerstone, silver mirror 311 Pts

The real leader of the army I plan to take life lore. Silver mirror is a fluff choice (very Tzeentchian) and the powerstone is to increase magic attack

***not a fan of the mirror, but can't argue with fluff***

4 Pegasus Knights, musician 230 Pts (taking out enemy war machines and combo charges)

***wouldn't bother with the musician***

I know that brets are best plaid combat heavy with scroll caddy but the 2 mages will be staying regardless. Feel free to rip apart the rest.

***my brets always did very well before, but since I dropped my paladins and took a prophetess and 3 damsells (and plain ASB) I haven't lost.*

Kerill
07-08-2007, 00:09
Any other comments?