PDA

View Full Version : Lucas arts games....

McBain
23-08-2005, 18:24
I currently own day of the tenticle and sam and max, i have played the monkey island series what im wanting to know is.......

Whats the general opinion on full throttle and the dig....

im looking a getting them but i wanna check what u guys make of them.... :confused:

x-esiv-4c
23-08-2005, 18:47
I personally didn't enjoy full throttle as much as Sam and Max and the monkey series but don't let personal opinion sway you. I'm sure its a choice title!

McBain
23-08-2005, 19:00
Thanks, this is all part of my older is better theory, just started playing alice and discworld noir....

Brother Frog
23-08-2005, 19:01
Full Throttle is great (though shorter than some of the classic Lucasarts games), full of stereotypes and generally rather funny. It also features the voices of Mark Hamill, and the greatly missed Roy Conrad (R.I.P.).

As to The Dig: this game makes no attempt to be funny. It is a great tale, and is incredibly difficult in places, but a good solid adventure none the less. It features the voice of that chap who went on to play the T1000 in Terminator 2.

Both very solid titles - unlike the crap Lucasarts has been pushing at us on recent years.

x-esiv-4c
23-08-2005, 19:15
Alice = Brilliant.

McBain
23-08-2005, 19:20
Yes it is.... and im liking discworld a lot too.

Starchild
23-08-2005, 20:27
If you're into flight sims then you should definately check out Tiefighter.

Crube
23-08-2005, 21:24
The Dig is probbly the least fave of the Lucas Arts titles, mainly due to the lack of humour... Still a great game, and well worth it if you enjoyed the other LA games

I liked Full Throttle though. Yes it's a bit short, but it is funny, and the music on it is cool (by a band called the Gone Jackals...)

Bruen
23-08-2005, 22:00
I loved Full Throttle, its really cool and funny.

Crube
23-08-2005, 22:13
The Discworld games are cool too. Although (again) number 3 isnt the best...

I'm currently really enjoying Black Mirror.

Its marketed as a horror adventure, but its not that scary - just a damn good adventure...

Catterjee
23-08-2005, 23:29
Speaking of, I saw Monkey Island 3 in the used section of an EB yesterday. Does anyone have any idea if it runs under WinXP?

Brother Frog
23-08-2005, 23:49
Speaking of, I saw Monkey Island 3 in the used section of an EB yesterday. Does anyone have any idea if it runs under WinXP?

It does, but you might need to use Scumm Nice & Easy if you have compatability problems.

Big_Bear_Scot
24-08-2005, 00:08
Another good lucasarts game to pick up is Grim Fandango, very funny game. If you liked the Monkey Island Series I would recommend that you buy it.

Alco Engineer
24-08-2005, 00:41
Yes, I've heard that of Grim Fandango, I breifly played it and it was good.

I loved Full throttle, It was one of my favourite games for quite a time, it had a good mix of storyline humour and a little bit of combat.

Definately worth a look in. I owned it but leant it to a "mate" and never saw it again. I've still got all of the books though.

I want to get my hands on Monkey island 1 and 2. anyone know where they can be found??

Big_Bear_Scot
24-08-2005, 00:44
I want to get my hands on Monkey island 1 and 2. anyone know where they can be found??

I bought a box set a wee while a go that had the first 3 Monkey Island games in it, you might be able to find a copy on amazon or something.

Alco Engineer
24-08-2005, 00:53
I bought a box set a wee while a go that had the first 3 Monkey Island games in it, you might be able to find a copy on amazon or something.

I remember seeing one before I bought my computer, always waiting until I had it (about 15months ago as I was living away from home) and then when i finally got the computer I couldn't find it again anywhere!!

I know GTA 1, 2 and 3 are availiable on their website for free so I guess I was sort of hoping Lucas Arts might do the same thing. I guess I'll just have to comb E-bay and keep an eye out in EB.

Cheers

McBain
24-08-2005, 10:06
Grim fandango is great i got a loan of it a while ago, all the above games are on this website for a reallly god price..... www.gameplay.com its a uk site and i has great deals.

Brother Frog
24-08-2005, 10:41

You will DEFINATELY need to us Scumm Quick & Easy for these games!

Here's the link I wasn't able to post earlier: Clicky clicky click upon this phrase (http://www.scummvm.org/)

Crube
24-08-2005, 10:55
Lucas Arts have (IIRC) stated that they wil not be making their games available for free anywhere. i suppose this is an attempt to prevent them appearing as abandonware anywhere

Mind you, got Cruise for a Corpse this way a while ago. Decent adventure game, and runs under XP too

Delicious Soy
24-08-2005, 12:51
Chalk up another vote for Full Throttle. I was incredibly dissapointed when they cancelled the sequel. If only lucasarts would go back to churning out quality software, they used to be one of the bastions of quality games.

McBain
24-08-2005, 17:47
on a slightly different note i just got zelda 3 to run on the pc..... dribble

Catterjee
24-08-2005, 19:19

I think that box set was called Monkey Island Madness. I'm trying to find it, along with Grim Fandango, as well.