PDA

View Full Version : Help on Stormsword

freebooter
06-08-2007, 08:53
Alright people...

Just of late I've been hunting around for a centerpiece for my 3000 point Guard army for Apocalypse and was planning on a single superheavy Forgeworld Tank.

Hunting through Forgeworld I fell in love with the Stormblade and thought I was set until I realised it was effectively a Long Range titan killer. Now thats all well and good except my Guard are an urban force...
So the Stormblade was out unfortunately...

Which I thought narrowed my choices right down to the Baneblade. But then I set my eyes upon the Stormsword. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Stormsword.htm
"The Stormsword super heavy tank is built specifically for sieges and street fighting. Whilst the Shadowsword exels at long range and the Baneblade is an 'all rounder' equally at home in the open fields or in street fighting, the Stormsword lends its weight and firepower to troops at close quarters."

Perfect :D

But now I have a few questions on this beast.
1. What is the main gun it's armed with? I'm not asking for stats or anything, just what it actually is. I'm guessing a Quake cannon but I'm probably wrong.
2. How hard was the model to clean up?
3. Can I get some pics people?

Thanks all :)

sqigglett
06-08-2007, 08:56
its main gun is a stormsword siege cannon (basicly a larger demolisher cannon) i havn't got one, just the rules (imperial armour 1) so i can't answear your other questions unfortunatly :(

Remoah
06-08-2007, 09:20
I believe the range on a baneblade itself would be almost that of a basilisk, so a stormsword would probably have the same range as a battle cannon, if not more, and since when have any of us ever used the full range of a battle cannon in a standard 1v1 game?

K!nG`
06-08-2007, 09:25
they are fairly easy to clean and make i thought, but I've had some FW models that were totally cast wrong.... all you do is call them up, they are really helpful and customer friendly, and will send the part again that was wrong.

stormsword is definately the one for fluff, baneblade is the all rounder and prolly why it's also more points.

stormsword's main gun is, for all intents and purposes, a medusa seige gun IIRC

sqigglett
06-08-2007, 10:04
Remoah, the stormswords main gun range is 36" so nothing like a battle cannon

Bunnahabhain
06-08-2007, 12:13
Yes, the main gun is effectively a bigger demolisher cannon, because that isn't big enough....