PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Points of O&G, first list: second edition.

Irennicus
06-08-2007, 08:15
General
Black Orc Warboss; Heavy Armor, Martog's Best Basha, Enchanted Shield, Warboss Umm's Best Big Boss's 'At, Horn of Urgok - 251 points

Heroes
Goblin Shaman; Level 2; Hand Weapon; Dispell Scroll; Tricksy Trinket - 140 points

Goblin Shaman; Level 2; Choppa; Dispel Scroll; Nibbla's Itty Ring - 135 points

Orc Big Boss; BSB; Choppa; Light Armor; Sword of Battle; The Collar of Zorga; Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnasher-147 points

Core

25 Orc Boyz; Full Command; Extra Choppas - 205 points

25 Orc Boyz; Full Command; Shields - 180 points

25 Night Goblins; Musician; Nets; 1x Fanatic - 139 points

25 Night Goblins; Musician; Nets; 1x Fanatic - 139 points

5 Goblin Wolf Riders; Musician; Short Bow; Spear; Shield - 81 points

Special Choices

2 Spear Chukkas; Bully - 80 points

1 Rock Lobber; Bully - 75 points

Orc Boar Chariot - 80 points

10 Squig Hoppers - 150 points

Rare Choices

Doom Diver Catapult - 80 points

3 Trolls - 120 points

Total Roster Cost: 2245

This is the second incarnation. I'm liking the list a bit better, I took the liberty of switching out the pump wagon for trolls with all the points I saved. I like the wolf riders with the full arsenal they have. It's a cool touch.

Kerill
06-08-2007, 09:37
You may want to look at the sticky at the top of this forum (the only sticky in this forum in fact). I'm no expert but your orc boyz units seem abolutely huge, considering how much artillery you have do you feel you need them so big? You could easily fit in some more night gobbos and spread the fanatics around a bit (dirty wee beggars that they are)

Your list is very hard to read by the way

Da Black Gobbo
06-08-2007, 14:58
Okay let's see: Your orc units seem okay form my maybe drop 5 from each unit and do your night gobbos units bigger, 6 fanatics are to much if you are not playing only night gobs, so drop i'd drop 4 but if you want drop only 2 and let 2 in each unit, 10 wolves are too much, and standart and champion aren't necesary, spread them in units of 5 each with shortbows , spears and musician, so you have more mobility and tactic flexibility, drop the dispell scroll from the orc shamman and give him magic paint so he can go in a unit of orcs being more effective, (and if you get the spell number 3 don't remember the name your boyz will be deadly! no speak about waagh! one that is great) your battle standart bearer with shagga's screaming sword is not bad but i preffer the imbad iron gnashas and +1 attack sword, so he can open some cans of meat. Your Blorc warboss is ok with the points you save from the fanatics you can add another pump wagon, that i 've never try but seems fun.

Irennicus
06-08-2007, 18:18
I edited the post to be more readable, tell me what you guys think. Thankyou for your suggestions Black Gobbo, I'm already experimenting with what that does to my list.

EvilIncarnate
06-08-2007, 22:35
What role are your wolf riders going to do? Combat spears and shields or with short bows
I would drop the bosses from them.

Your BSB and warboss should be on boars for the extra armour saves and that extra attack.

winter has ended
06-08-2007, 23:01
id say drop niblas itty ring, its not worth having a spell that can be easily dispelled and dosnt domuch damage, use these points and 20 extra points from doing what the others have said to get the horn of ungok, its is very handy indeed

Irennicus
07-08-2007, 07:08
I've updated my list, feedback to this newbie would be appreciated.

Da Black Gobbo
07-08-2007, 11:33
Now is pretty nice and balanced, anyways i think itty ring is worth it, you can cast it first so your enemy will have to waste one of his dispell dices if not you will hit to his general or a juicy hero, against humans and elves is great, you can easily kill a hero in 2 turns if the enemy don't waste one of his dices so only for that fact is worth it.

Budro
07-08-2007, 18:28
Spear Chuckas are no longer 2 for 1 in the new army book.

I'll second the itty ring suggestion - it never fails to help me out.

Irennicus
07-08-2007, 18:44
Spear Chuckas are no longer 2 for 1 in the new army book.

I'll second the itty ring suggestion - it never fails to help me out.

Spear Chukkas ARE two for one in the new book. I don't know what you're talking about.

I've updated the list minorly (I've switched out the power stone on the goblin shaman for a Nibbla's Itty Ring.)

Budro
07-08-2007, 18:49
my bad - I was thinking of the wolf chariots - work has kinda fried my brain today...

Irennicus
07-08-2007, 19:14
my bad - I was thinking of the wolf chariots - work has kinda fried my brain today...

It's cool, I do agree that the Nibbla's Itty Ring is a better item than the Power Stone. Nibbla's Itty Ring and Horn of Urgok can be cast multiple times, right?

Da Black Gobbo
07-08-2007, 19:25
No bound items can only be casted once per turn, it will be fun to kill whole unit with the ring hit by hit lol

Irennicus
07-08-2007, 19:26
No bound items can only be casted once per turn, it will be fun to kill whole unit with the ring hit by hit lol

That's what I meant. They can be cast multiple times throughout the game. Sweet, all I have to look out for is that S5 hit backfire.

rexim
07-08-2007, 19:31
i think Irennicus meant that they are not, "one use only", iteams.

Da Black Gobbo
07-08-2007, 19:33
yep sorry spanish bad english speaker :)

Irennicus
07-08-2007, 19:35
One thing while making this list I was constantly debating in my head was the inclusion of a Giant. I'd swap out the Trolls for him but I'd have to find another 80 points to make it happen. What is general consensus on the utility of Giants on this forum?

Budro
08-08-2007, 11:34
I would recommend that you take the trolls over the Giant. I love my Giant but rarely do I play with him. There's too much shooting that can easily take him down and very quickly at that.

The trolls on the other hand are going to be quite a bit more resilenent.

Da Black Gobbo
08-08-2007, 13:19
Well 3 trolls are 9 wounds with T4 180 points (if stone trolls) Magic Resistance 2 vomit special attack to kill armoured knights (hehe i love to kill chaos chosen with this one) and have regeneration 5+ and scally 5+, also they suffer stupidity with Ld 4 so giant is 205 points random attacks Stubborn T5 no save of any kind and 6 wounds, giant is big target so +1 to hit and remember that normal archers wound him on 6+ so even elve archers on short range hit on +2 and wound on 6, 2 shooting phases kill the giant dead (no that sure with the trolls) i know what i'd choose.

Arnizipal
08-08-2007, 15:29
But when you think about it, while the enemy is shooting at the giant your other units remain unharmed. That's worth something as well. Also, unlike trolls, giants can operate on their own and can effectively guard a whole flank all by themselves.

Nice list by the way. I'd take the shields away from the Wolf Riders though. That way they stay fast cavalry and can use their 360 shooting arc to full effect (and march and shoot as well).

winter has ended
08-08-2007, 15:33
regeneration is fourplus btw for trolls lol, erm id take the shields away from wolves, and somehow try to make the unit with 2 choppas big'uns

Da Black Gobbo
08-08-2007, 15:43
Gobs don't aren't fast calvary since they have shields, sad but in the book :)

Arnizipal
08-08-2007, 16:28
Yes, so drop the shields to make the fast cav again.