PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decided Which Army From These;

Panic
06-08-2007, 13:37
Yes, I am sorry but this is another one of those 'Which Army' thread.
I really didn't want to create one, but after asking GW workers, Local Hobby Shop, Friends, etc. They proved to be of no real use.

OK.
So.
The army choices I have are:

+ Chaos Space Marines Undivided (Waiting till August-September)
+ Pure Grey Knights
+ Dark Angels
+ [RESERVED] for taking suggestions.

I currently have a Tau army which I am selling to my friend very, very soon, a Word Bearers army which I tend to just leave as display and if I'm going to do CSM, I want to start fresh, and a small Thousand Sons army.

I'm looking for an army where I don't have to spend hours and hours painting crazily (like my Thousand Sons), models look good, won't cost too much ($-wise), relatively low in model number, and fun to play.
So basically a small, elite force.
I'm thinking of making the list 1500 points and use it in tournaments, etc.

Any help?

The_Dragon_Rising
06-08-2007, 13:57
Chaos are a nice army however if you have one and are planning to get more then id scratch them, grey knights.... no they are sub-par and not exactly cheap even when played elite, dark angels are an ok army, balanced with different options for play, deathwing would set you back about 150 if you went termie heavy backed up by tanks or something.
Reserved for suggestions slot i would say Eldar, a balanced codex, relativly low model count and not MEQ so different.

Justicar_Freezer
06-08-2007, 16:58
If you want a low model count yet elite and hard as nails army I'd go with a pure grey knight force. Most people will tell you this is a bad idea but I disagree.

Speaking from personal experience the Grey Knights are one of the more elite and fun armies to play I've come across. Right now I have close to 3,000 points of Grey Knights myself. This is the army I've played since the codex came out.

Now the main thing with the grey knights is their slight lack of anti-tank however this can be made up for by taking dreadnaughts, a lance strike, or a land raider of of course you can throw thunder hammers into your grey knight squads. Not to mention with all your troops being strength 6 anything of AV 12 or lower is open game.

In all the games I've played which most are against a tank, and gun heavy IW player or against a Nurgle army with a defiler, predator, and dreadnought I win slightly more so than I lose.

In the end it's up to you but out of the options you mentioned for an elite hard army, and a low model count army I'd say go with Grey Knights.

Any questions you have about grey knights feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Shadowphrakt
06-08-2007, 17:32
Blood Angels can be a really low model count, as you can take a wholly jump pack armed army, and some of the special characters are expensive in points but ( like mephiston and Dante) have a high WS and are nails.

He who is doom
06-08-2007, 18:31
if you do want a hard as nails with the strength of a tank go thousand sons
very small unit count highly elite the basic marine is at 2 wounds can move 2d6 and still fire 24 inches plus chaos psykers in every squad

serpentine
06-08-2007, 18:34
He already has a small Thousand Sons army, and they're losing 2 wounds when the new codex is released anyway.

Outlaw289
06-08-2007, 18:55
I'd say Dark Angels. Cool models, can be low model count with Deathwing, and you already have some Chaos forces.

Brother-Hyuuga
06-08-2007, 19:22
I agree with Outlaw. The new DA models are excellent. The dex lets you build 3 totally differant armies in terms of play. Fluff and background material are also quite good.

Ha7y
06-08-2007, 19:44
Chaos Marines are very cool for everything you wanted :D