PDA

View Full Version : [B][I]dark elves 2000pt list[/I][/B]

lector#1
06-08-2007, 14:10
ok i have though about this all day not sure if this list would work tell em what you think and or what should change

LORDS AND HEROS

high sorcerer (joins dark rider unit)
(lore of dark magic)
level 4
dark steed
dark star cloak
crown of black iron
=338

sorceress (joins crossbow unit)
(lore of shadow or death?)
level 2
tome of furion
dispell scroll
=170

beast master (joins unit of warriors)
sea dragon cloak
light armor
heart seeker
=73

CORE UNITS

10 warriors
repeater crossbows
=110

10 warriors
repeater crossbows
=110

20 warriors
spears
sheilds
full command
=185

20 warriors
spears
sheilds
full command
=185

9 dark riders
repeater cross bows
=216

SPECIAL UNITS

20 executioners
full command
=250

6 harpies
=78
(should i make these one unit of 12?)
6 harpies
=78

RARE UNITS

2 repeater cross bows
=200

total is 1993

Gimp
06-08-2007, 14:59
I take it you did not like my list i gave oh well.

You cant take 2 units of harpies and 12 is to big so just have a unit of 1 with 6-7 models.

With the extra points make turn the Beast Master (useless) into a Nobel with Blood Armour and Sword of Might.

If your gonna put your level 4 Mage in the Unit of Dark Riders give her Life Taker so she can shoot with them and you MUST give her the soulstone.

On your Level 2 Mage take the Dark Star Cloak and the Seal of Ghrond.

Other than that its an okay list.

lector#1
06-08-2007, 15:05
if i give her the crossbow can she still cast spells?

Gimp
06-08-2007, 15:07
Yes it works very well.

lector#1
06-08-2007, 15:18
oh i never saw that actually and thanks for that umm im thinking with my sorcerer im not sure on weather to give HIM the dark star cloak or the tome of furion along with repeater boltthrower and 5+ ward save im thinking about using ur list just changing my level 4 around abit

lethlis
06-08-2007, 15:27
I would change the crown of black iron to heart-stone of darkness, better save and useful outside of combat(where you want her to be). With harpies you want to keep that at their hardest to panic, example 4 1 casualty causes panic 5 needs 2, 8 needs 2 to panic but 9 needs 3. So basically i take them in units of 5 or 9. However this is just a preference thing.

Soulstone is a personal thing, somepeople cant live without it. However the only fatal roll on the table is snake eyes and thats a 1/36 chance.

think a unit of 9 dark riders is a little large to be used for their main purpose. I would instead break them into two units of 5, that way they are easier to move around and that way if they panic/ draw lots of fire its spread out.

I would change the beast to a noble and give him driach of dark power. Gives him some kill ability. Also amke sure to change it to heavy armor.

To make these points I would drop one unit of harpies and make a smaller unit of executioners and maybe one unit of crossbowman(give the other unit shields while you are at it).

Just some thoughts

lector#1
06-08-2007, 15:35
where is the heart stone in the book i cant see it

Gimp
06-08-2007, 16:51
Its in the Cult of Slaanish list.

Have you got the DE update?

lector#1
08-08-2007, 16:29
yes but its not legal in tornaments and i dont want to get used to having a 4+ward on her and then if i go to a tourney i cant use it im thinking of keeping him squishy without saves and just stick him in a either 10man or 5 man dark rider squad and then give him dark star cloak and then dispell scrolls and a power stone

im possible gonna have 2 level 1s running around and a noble aswell

Arnizipal
08-08-2007, 16:44
The SoC items are legal under the normal Dark Elf rules. It says so in the SoC campaign book.

Personally I feel you army lacks some punch. You might want to consider fitting a COld One chariot in there somewhere to countercharge enemies when they finally reach you lines.

Jeppis
08-08-2007, 19:04
Just curious, are you really going to edit this list better by comments?

Seriously, unit of 10 Dark Riders (9+Sorceress) is a points waste. Make them
5+ sorceress or 4+sorceress and give them a musicant.

Lordlings (Warriors champions) are somewhat useless, Warriors don't make your kills, they give you static CR.

Give your RxB-men shields and musicants. 4+ save in Close Combat ain't bad.

Consider splitting your executioners in two 10-man or 12-man flank units, and give them musicants.

The most serious thing is, that your army has very few flankers at the moment.

Arnizipal
08-08-2007, 19:15
Seriously, unit of 10 Dark Riders (9+Sorceress) is a points waste. Make them
5+ sorceress or 4+sorceress and give them a musicant.

Lordlings (Warriors champions) are somewhat useless, Warriors don't make your kills, they give you static CR.

You can't field unit of 4 strong. Five is the minimum for Dark Riders.
And having a lvl 4 mage (who is also your general) in a 5 man unit of fast cav is EXTREMELY risky. A shooty army will have a field day during their first turn.

Champions are useful for issueing and taking up challenges (so more of your troops can fight back) and in case the entire front rank is wiped out on the charge.

lector#1
10-08-2007, 08:54
what if i was to have a high born lead my army how would i go about suiting him up would i go with executioner axe of bloodragon armor