PDA

View Full Version : Sample 2000pt Mostly Mortal Tzeentch army (there may be mistakes)

Comrade Wraith
06-08-2007, 14:38
Charachters

Lord of Tzeentch

Chaos armour,
shield,
Rending Sword ,
Disc of Tzeentch,
Mark of Tzeentch,

Core

15 Chaos warriors

Shields,
Mark of Tzeentch
Full Command

15 Chaos warriors

Shields,
Mark of Tzeentch
Full Command

28 Marauders

Shields,
Light Armour
Full Command

5 Chosen Knights

Mark of Tzeentch,
Full Command

5 Marauder Horsmen

Shields,
Full Command,
Throwing spears

Special

5 Tzeentch Screamers

10 Tzeentch Horrors

Rare

1 Chaos Spawn

Firewyrm of Tzeentch

Grand total: 1999pts

This Army has served me very well and is my favourite 2000pt selection (I have a lot more chaos than this) and i have had far more wins than losses, even with a core of warriors(i still dont understand the resentment towards them)

A (badly taken out of focus unfortuanately) picture of 10 of my tzeentch chaos warriors is in the gallery

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 15:45
The lord is all alone with little protection:(.Take The Golden Eye Of Tzeentch this will mean that cannonballs will just bounce off him and his little friend:)

I like the small unit of Horrors im guessing you use them as a back up? As D6 strength 2 hits arn't going to win a fire fight:)

One thing you really should take is Blasted Standard on the Chosen knights,this will make them harder to kill when running down the battlefield.

Comrade Wraith
06-08-2007, 16:37
I keep my lord behind a screamer screen and yes the horrors are used as back up. People seem to have got the idea that just because chaos warriors are expensive that they're complete rubbish so they generrally ignore them...until its too late bwahahahaha. honestly these guys are ususally the best survivors in a game, and cause a hell of a lot of damage:)

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 17:42
Lol Chaos warriors are amazing in small units used to back up larger units of lesser warriors eg Marauders. I believe people think they are rubbish because they don't work well in huge units. True sometimes they can but not all the time. People think because they cost abit that they should always win combat. Hmmmmm..... if everyone treated them with as much care as a new born then they would mop the floor with other units.

Comrade Wraith
06-08-2007, 17:48
Right on, I'm going to have to write an article on chaos warrior tactics. Glad someone agrees.

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 17:52
Thats a good idea might make peole see the point in having some warriors.

Well i'll stand with you dear sir to war!!!!!

Comrade Wraith
06-08-2007, 17:55
Good Good, but where to write it? (urm.....back to the topic back to the topic....) Icidently Marauders only work in big units, the opposite of warriors. Look out for the warriors article

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 18:25
Fantasy Tactics would be a good place to talk about Warrior tactics;)

Anyway yes Marauders work well in large units and Warriors in small. Tho Marauders can also be good in small units doted around. But Warriors are ment to back up Marauders in combat. IMO thats how the Chaos Gods see if they are good enought to become a Warrior of Chaos.

But i always like to get a taste of the armys tactics and then rate an army list. That way i have a better idea what your looking for.

So my question is........ what are your tactics for this list?

Comrade Wraith
06-08-2007, 18:40
It really depends on the opponent but a general advance would be:

Keep a solid advance in the centre with the warriors with hanging back on one flank. I send the screamers and lord near the middle alongside chaos knights. I either (depending on the speed of the army) keep the horsemen back for a potential flank charge or harry the opponents formost units with javelin attacks. I use the marauder unit and spawn to anchor a flank.

The baisic battle plan is to break my opponents flank with a hard hitting screamer/knight attack and trap them on one corner. My lord charges in to help after bombarding them with spells. This tends to work best on normal sized armies.

For horde armies i refuse a flank and change my warriors into brick walls with knights, screamers and maraurder horsemen running (or flying) around causing confusion in the opponents army and flanking any attack on the main force, which has the lord and small horrors unit and the firewyrm (breath attack) as missile (magical obviously) support.

logan054
06-08-2007, 18:45
Well thats actually the same size that i use my khorne warriors in, im actually surpised to see a lone mage but i can understand why, gives you plenty more points for units. Nice list, glad it works well for you

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 19:05
Lol well sounds like you have got it all covered. It is hard to have a game plan as it almost never works. Hmmmm well as long as you get Orange Fire your nice and sound:)

Comrade Wraith
06-08-2007, 19:08
Strangly, this is the first time i've ever proven that philosiphy "A plan never survives contact with the enemy" wrong! woohoo go me.........i'll go back to sleep now.anyways, chaos warrior tactics are onthe way for tommorrow (for 3rd time i know i just like saying it)

Lord Tzeentch
06-08-2007, 19:27
Lol dont getto cocky a WLC or Tree man could bring you down boy so take out anything with T7 or more than 3W out asap.

Comrade Wraith
06-08-2007, 19:32
lol yeah thats true I dont really have much (spawn by weight of attacks, my lord) that can take down high toughness things but ill rely on good old chaos steel (and the magic of tzeeentch) besides, is the flammable rule still in use?

Exalted Scar-vet
06-08-2007, 19:44
hmm maybe im gonna have to try out my chaos warriors then :P

W0lf
06-08-2007, 20:16
I keep my lord behind a screamer screen

so your lord:

A: dosnt make use of the staff of change.
B: Hides behind screamers where his ability to cat spells is almost neutered.

Colonel Raijan
06-08-2007, 20:28
one magic caster? very odd...very odd...

W0lf
06-08-2007, 20:34
yes one that wotn be able to cast half his spells without getting shot to ****.

logan054
06-08-2007, 22:33
For me when i use warrior hordes i find beastmen are a must and i usually take two spawn so i can cover either side of my warriors blocks from fliers getting around back and or scouts getting to close. i do have a thought actually, had you considered a beast lord and exalted rather than a chaos lord, the points i would imagine arnt far different (and the exalted can still lead your army).

Comrade Wraith
07-08-2007, 14:07
I wanted my army to be soley from the hordes of chaos book so thats why i didn't include beastmen, but i did consider it though.

logan054
07-08-2007, 18:25
I was like that for a while then i remembered its chaos, nothing wrong with abit of mix matching :)