PDA

View Full Version : He Last stand 1000pnts

hellhound017
06-08-2007, 18:50
On thursday I'm playing a double last stand against assorted Slannesh.
My friend has an empire army ( 2x10 handgunners, 5 inner circle knights, 5 knights 1 steam tank, two warrior priests), and I have high elves.My enemies are 1000pnts slanneshi mortals (with a demon prince), and 2000pnts of slanneshi demonic legions (KoS, 3x15 daemonettes ...)
Both me and my friend are using 250pnts extra because of our gold(Mighty Empires), and I was wondering what I should take. I'm basing my armylist around a BSB with Banner of arcane protection and a commander with permenant bear's anger on him. What should I take?

CHOOBER SNIPES
07-08-2007, 02:23
if u are gonna use a lot of magic (for 1250 pts.) i'd say bring some smasters with banner of saphery i think, the d3 power dice one. also, some spearelves with a lion guard commander work well to center your line, and some white lions to help with the smasters for the strength to take out chaos mortals. anything left over i'd say go archers and bolt throwers cus daemonettes drop real fast with T3 and no armor

hellhound017
07-08-2007, 08:24
I should have made it more clear. We have 750pnts each plus 250 gold.

TheSanityAssassin
08-08-2007, 07:00
I would be thinking shooting and magic here, with a strong countercharge. Your friend's handgunners should be able to pound the mortals....archers or Bolt Throwers could take a number out of the daemonettes....as said above, T3 with no armour falls fast...I would either then take a hardy CC unit to bolster the middle while the Empire Knights countercharge, or pull an All-Or-Nothing and take some Silver Helms or the like and set up a shoot-countercharge list and hope you can down enough of them in your shooting for your horsemen to drop them.

Corrupt
08-08-2007, 08:51
Hmmmm....Can you give use a rough model list?
Too many times iv seen people giving orders to take units of Dragon Princes and 30 Helms (5x6) or whatever and be told "I dont own any"