PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf lord for a tournament

patataman
06-08-2007, 20:02
In 2 weeks whe have a 2500 tournament Iand I wanīt touse me dwarfarmy but I donīt know how to tool up me lord ond a shiled bearer

Me army is a Infantery base whit some fire suport and the lord go in a Ironbraker unit of 18

I have 2 posible combination

1 Dwarf Lord 293 Pts
General; Shieldbearers; Gromril Armour; Shield
Shield Bearer
Runic Talisman: Master Rune of Spite
Runic Weapon: Master Rune of Swiftness;rune of Cleaving, Rune of Snorri Spangelheim
Runic Armour:Rune of Stone

1 * Dwarf Lord @ 301 Pts
General; Shieldbearers; Great Weapon; Gromril Armour
Shield Bearer
Runic Talisman: Master Rune of Challenge
Runic Armour: Master Rune of Steel; Rune of Stone
Runic Weapon: Master Rune of Kragg the Grim;Rune of Snorri Spangelheim

please help, I nedd some help whit me lord

Oberon
06-08-2007, 20:11
IMO a basic GW is fine, but as the second lord has MRO challenge I vote that one. Just because he has MRO challenge, it is great and kinda musthave because people tend to shy away from angry looking dwarf lords.

patataman
07-08-2007, 01:40
IMO a basic GW is fine, but as the second lord has MRO challenge I vote that one. Just because he has MRO challenge, it is great and kinda musthave because people tend to shy away from angry looking dwarf lords.

haha yea probably you are right but hitwhit 3+ an2+to other characters is nice xD

nd alo I love the MR of chalenge xD

N1AK
07-08-2007, 13:41
I tend to load mine up with RoStone, MRoKTGrimm, RoSSpang, RoFury and MRoSpite for 1+ save with 4+ ward, 5 attacks at str 6 with +1 to hit.
Similiar to your second lord in fact.

Are you sure your bloke is within the points limit though? I thought my lord was as expensive as they come and he's 296 points (with bearers and 125 points of runes).
- - -

The only thing I would say is I don't normally spend that much on him at 2500 points, infact I don't normally take a Lord at that size game. For 350 points you can take 2 organ guns and a tooled up BSB thane, he has to be as dangerous as that!

patataman
07-08-2007, 15:10
yep the lord have 125 points in magic runes and the point is correct

probaby you arerightabou no use the lord....but I lake the mini alot xD (I useThe king alrik xD)

Max_Killfactor
07-08-2007, 16:11
Dwarf lords are tricky to equip because they are easily avoided. The best way to make sure they aren't avoided is the MR of challenge, but unfortunately that means you won't get the MR of spite so enemy characters have a better chance of taking you out.

I've tried a few different combos and the most effecient one for me has been:
Lord on Shieldbearers
Great Weapon
MR of challenge, 2 runes to give you a +5 ward (don't have book with me)
Rune of Stone

It's not as pricey as most, but he gets the job done. 4 S6 attacks, 1+ armor save, 5+ ward, and he's hard to avoid. You'll still have some points left if you want some armor or weapon runes.

patataman
07-08-2007, 17:48
Dwarf lords are tricky to equip because they are easily avoided. The best way to make sure they aren't avoided is the MR of challenge, but unfortunately that means you won't get the MR of spite so enemy characters have a better chance of taking you out.

I've tried a few different combos and the most effecient one for me has been:
Lord on Shieldbearers
Great Weapon
MR of challenge, 2 runes to give you a +5 ward (don't have book with me)
Rune of Stone

It's not as pricey as most, but he gets the job done. 4 S6 attacks, 1+ armor save, 5+ ward, and he's hard to avoid. You'll still have some points left if you want some armor or weapon runes.

yea that is another option probabli change the 2 runes of ward save for a rune of adamantine and rune of tone and a GW cost 254 and is good for combat .... mmm interenting