PDA

View Full Version : Can a slaan take the charm of the jaguar warrior?

Finnigan2004
06-08-2007, 21:39
This is more of an academic thread than anything else because I really like my temple guard models, and because I think that it was not the intended use of the item in question. Anyhow, at risk of starting up a trend of superfast slaans, is a slaan considered a model on foot for the purpose of taking the charm of the jaguar warrior. That would be a hilariously fast floating frog.

theunwantedbeing
06-08-2007, 21:55
No a slann may not take it.
It says models on foot only,the slann is clearly not on foot as its on its palanquin thing.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/news/errata/assets/wh/lizardmen.pdf

There's a link to the online errata that basically says the same thing.

Xavier
06-08-2007, 21:57
Would be funny to convert a walking Slann though ;)

theunwantedbeing
06-08-2007, 22:04
They will occasionally go for a walk now and then.
It mentions it in the lizardmen book somewhere.
Although its more likely to be a 4th or 5th generation slann doing that,as they are the ones that tend to be most active,the 3rd and 2nd generation ones just sit there meditating all the time,often not moving at all.

Finnigan2004
06-08-2007, 22:12
Thanks for the link. The FAQ clears it up totally. I agree with you on the being on the palanquin thing, but it was something that made me curious because it didn't say he was on foot. I was probably still in the mode where I was considering the argument someone made yesterday that wardancers can take two handed weapons and have the bonus stack with wardancer weapons. It's one of the common sense things that you think the rules cover, but sometimes fail to.

The Anarchist
06-08-2007, 22:18
They will occasionally go for a walk now and then.

i don't think any Slann atualy gets up and walks, remember all you have to do to be a proactive Slann is scratch your @rse once every centuary lol.

whilst there is no rule saying that a Slann cannot count as a model on foot (despite the obvious with the model) i do belive it only says they can take Plaques, and so wouldn't be able to take the charm anyway. not fully sure atm though as I'am about 9k miles from my book :( lol

Finnigan2004
06-08-2007, 22:26
The book says that "only a slaan can take a plaque", but not that a slaan can only take plaques.