PDA

View Full Version : What will the WH get when Apocalypse arives?

TEMPLARDAWG
06-08-2007, 23:35
I haven't seen anything about the WH and Apocalypse. Anyone have any ideas?

<><

kamedake88
06-08-2007, 23:39
prob nothing you might just need to buy a Impguard regiment to supplement the WH battleforce

Killgore
06-08-2007, 23:47
WH often work with the Imperial Guard, so lemun russ tanks and baneblades will do nicly :)

chaos0xomega
07-08-2007, 02:41
The satisfaction of knowing that you can steal the releases from the other 2 Imperial Armies that actually do have releases....

mistformsquirrel
07-08-2007, 02:50
Inquisitorial Baneblade... Oh yeah, purge the witch, purge the witch! >.> *does the dance of ******* sweet purgation* <.<

... Ok maybe that's a bit much >.>

Slaaneshi Slave
07-08-2007, 02:59
WH often work with the Imperial Guard, so lemun russ tanks and baneblades will do nicly :)

Well, we get those as part of the core army list (except the Baneblade, obviously).

Arcanus
07-08-2007, 03:37
We will get nothing we are the forgotten children of GW:cries:

WallWeasels
07-08-2007, 03:49
Well first off all races get access to the new VDR rules. WHich you can make some sick stuff apparently, but nothing completely unbalanced like the previous VDR rules (:

Besides that, I believe all Imperial armies are gaining access to the baneblade. But yeah, don't worry, I said the same stuff before I talked to my local guy about Apoc. :p The only thing of Apoc I worry about, is the over-shadowing of just basic infantry. I seem to expect people taking like 200points of troops at tops, and then all baneblades >_<

We will get nothing we are the forgotten children of GW:cries:
Yes we are, as with Daemonhunters. I mean come on, even Dark Eldar are getting a box coming out for Apoc. :(

Puffin Magician
07-08-2007, 03:51
Remember that both the Witch Hunters and Daemon Hunters are specialized, rare forces. If the WH or DH would get something specific to them, then in all fairness both Psykers and Daemon armies should get something equally big.

I doubt they'll get something truly Apocalypse-worthy like a superheavy Exorcist or Immolator, but there's always the chance they'll get some special smaller model/blister that'll be lost/ignored amongst the sea of Stompas and Baneblades.

If all else fails and you aren't satisfied with stealing Thunderhawks and Stormblades, you can always use the VDR to create that massive mobile fortress featured in the Codex. ;)

We are the forgotten children of GWYou've gotten a lot more than the Squats ever did! :p

Bookwrak
07-08-2007, 04:54
Well first off all races get access to the new VDR rules. WHich you can make some sick stuff apparently, but nothing completely unbalanced like the previous VDR rules (:

Besides that, I believe all Imperial armies are gaining access to the baneblade. But yeah, don't worry, I said the same stuff before I talked to my local guy about Apoc. :p The only thing of Apoc I worry about, is the over-shadowing of just basic infantry. I seem to expect people taking like 200points of troops at tops, and then all baneblades >_<

*chawing a piece of straw* Ayep, that's a purdy 6,000 point Baneblade army ya got thar. I reckon my 6,000 points a' IG infantry are gonna be right inconvienienced fer a turn or three.

I expect people are going to be going tank heavy for a while, because, holy crowbars, they finally can, but 1: eventually they're going to get bored of it, and 2: right from the get go, there are going to be people thinking, 'hmm, I wonder what the entire rest of my army can do to that?'

Arcanus
07-08-2007, 07:21

Yes we are, as with Daemonhunters. I mean come on, even Dark Eldar are getting a box coming out for Apoc. :(
I know I was purposely overeacting for comedic purposes and right now I am busy conventing old HESS trucks for VDR rules:D

god octo
07-08-2007, 10:16
I don't just want a Imperial guard Hand-me-down, I actually want the designers to attempt to think and Actually give the inquisition something fun, unique and useful, rather then giving them someone else's stuff.

I'm not really bothered about Apocalypse, as I don't have a 3000+ point army, and even if I did, I wouldn't wan another armies stuff.

EDIT: For Apocalypse, we'll probably discover that SoB can now ally with Space Marines, so that they can sell more lovely space marine models.

Khornies & milk
07-08-2007, 11:28
I agrre with you that WH & DH should get something to call our own, and pretty bloody lame that we don't. To GW we are the forgotten Son, but we are used to it aren't we as we've had to put up with it for some time now. I do not expect to get any new Inquisition Toys from them, but I personally can get around it in other ways.
I am probably lucky because the Gaming Group I am part of has already agreed that ALL Imperial Forces, including Inquisition, can play with any Model that is available to us, so Emperor's Fist AC here we come, complete with Baneblades and Titans if funds allow, and in DH colours. And not just for Apocalypse but standard 40K as well.
There are 20+ people in our group, and roughly 45 different armies, so we don't give a toss about playing at GW or in Tournaments, so who cares what House Rules we come up with.
Doesn't help us the way it officially stands though does it.

Darnok
07-08-2007, 11:30
Having had a look at the actaully finished Apocalypse book, I have to say: there is nothing Inquisition specific in it.

mistformsquirrel
07-08-2007, 11:33
Ya know, I just really dig the idea of an Inquisitional Leman Russ with a modified Battlecannon that fires Psy-rounds.

Imagine firing an arcanely charged high explosive shell into a pack of advancing bloodletters and sending the little bastages back to the warp!

>.> Hmm... there could be a lot of fun with this concept.

And I do agree, the Inquisition aught to get *SOMETHING* new with Apocolypse - though I don't think a Super Heavy fits.

What I'd *personally* like to see, is rather than a super heavy something like an Inquisitional Conclave. Imagine having so many Inquisitors, and thus being able to manifest *enormous* psychic powers to banish the daemon or purge the witch.

This in addition to far better orbital bombardments (after all, the =I= aught to have better ones than most imho, they have their own ships, and seem to be quite fond of using it as a support mechanism so they probably have some added practice in that area)

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Slaaneshi Slave
07-08-2007, 11:47
They have their own personnel stellar transports, but they don't usually have interstellar corvettes or frigates, so they don't have access to personnel orbital bombardments.

mistformsquirrel
07-08-2007, 12:00
What about the Black Ships? I thought those accompanied Inquisitors when necessary (which would be any time a significant military deployment would occur yes?) Aren't those kind of a Cruiser of some variety? I thought that was the primary justification for WH and DH getting Orbital Bombardments as Heavy Support.

Slaaneshi Slave
07-08-2007, 12:04
Black Ships don't follow Inquisitors, Inquisitors would be too easy for the occupants to subvert. If Faith and Fire is anything to go by, the only people ever to board a Black Ship are Adeptus Sororitas and specially trained Storm Troopers.

Inquisition orbital bombardments come from the ships which delivered his fighting units to the battle - either Grey Knight battle barges or Navy vessels.

mistformsquirrel
07-08-2007, 12:07
Hmm... well then. >.> Mayhaps I have been misreading!

Inquisitional Conclave remains my main "cool idea" for Apocalypse though >.<

Slaaneshi Slave
07-08-2007, 12:18
Inquisitorial Conclave

If an Inquisitor Lord is taken, up to 4 lesser Inquisitors may be taken as a single Elite slot. Each of those lesser Inquisitors are one of the Lords many students, an up and coming young Interrogator or newly promoted Inquisitor.

If the Inquisitor Lord has a single student, he may cast an additional psychic power, forsaking the students ability to cast (to represent the mental link).

If two students are taken the students may forsake their casting each turn to provide an almost unbreachable wall of force around the Lord. This grants him a 2+ invulnerable save until the beginning of his his next movement phase.

If the Lord has three students they may combine their powers and place an attack within 18" of any of the lesser Inquisitors with the same stats as a Lance Strike (high Str, low AP large blast), but this doesn't scatter.

If four students are alive on the board you may choose any two of the above powers to cast every turn.

Frecus
07-08-2007, 13:24
Now what if they suddenly decide that their sculptors could do a Basilica imperialis. :p

Heavily armed cathedrals on tracks FTW!:evilgrin:

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

muppet515
07-08-2007, 14:04
Well I was already planning on geting a Baneblade and putiing SOB iconography on it but now I'm thinking of getting some COD scenery too and seeing if the two can be mixed and matched to make it more ornate/imposing

god octo
07-08-2007, 14:10
Having had a look at the actaully finished Apocalypse book, I have to say: there is nothing Inquisition specific in it.

Strange, I have a sudden urge to burn down GW headquarters. :mad:

I assume the Inquisitions only "addition" is a the Baneblade? Even some small rules changes would have been good, like having multiple Orbital Bombardments or some sort of Uber Canoness (Prioress?). No, we get nothing instead. Joys.

redbaron998
07-08-2007, 14:18
Like many sat probably nothing specific. I play DH and feel your pain, but someday Codex:Inqusition will come. WE WILL NO BE DENIED! :evilgrin:

Ironhand
07-08-2007, 15:04
They're going to get to die in droves like everyone else. :)

Seriously, the Inquisition should have a limited choice of unique items. If they really need brute force they draft in Marines or Guard. Players should do the same.