PDA

View Full Version : Empire Sigmarite army, 2150

elotsip
06-08-2007, 22:38
I posted a previous army list but after taking a look through the codex I switched it but a bit. This army is led my a arch lector (which I wasn't aware of before) on a war alter, Luther Huss, and 2 priests. Luther will lead the heavy cav while the two priests lead the two flagellents units of doom. The pistoliers will be used to harasse and bait the enemy. The hunts men will be used to screen the flagellents as they advance across the table. I will not be using any puffy sleeved models for this army if I can help it. Huntsmen and canon crew will be made from militia models and flagellent bits.

With 7 dispell dice and 7 prayers/spells I can cast per turn I should be able to get something off and counter magic okay.

Any thoughts? I'm basically looking for a crazed peasant force primarily but backed up by a couple of heavy hitters such as the knights and cannon.

Oh and for the war alter I will custom build one and have it being pulled by flagellents, the ones in stockades. Cheesy

2150 Pts - Sigmarite army

Arch Lector of Sigmar (2#, 275 Pts)
1 Arch Lector of Sigmar
General; Prayers of Sigmar; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 War Altar
Chariot; Large Target
2 Warhorse
1 Aldred's Casket of Sorcery

Luthor Huss (1#, 180 Pts)
1 Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar
Prayers of Sigmar; Barding; Great Weapon; Heavy Armor; Causes Fear
1 Warhorse

Warrior Priest of Sigmar (1#, 130 Pts)
1 Warrior Priest
Prayers of Sigmar; Hand Weapon
1 Armor of Meteoric Iron
1 Sigil of Sigmar

Warrior Priest of Sigmar (1#, 146 Pts)
1 Warrior Priest
Prayers of Sigmar; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Shield
1 Dawn Armor
1 Talisman of Protection

Flagellants (29#, 300 Pts)
28 Flagellant Warband
Flail; Frenzy; Unbreakable
1 Prophet of Doom
Flail

28 Flagellant Warband
1 Prophet of Doom
Flail

Knightly Orders (8#, 254 Pts)
7 Knightly Orders
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance & Shield (x7); Full Plate Armor
1 Preceptor
Hand Weapon; Lance; Full Plate Armor; Shield
1 Standard of Arcane Warding @ [30] Pts
8 Warhorse

Militia Troops (16#, 165 Pts)
15 Archers
Huntsmen; Hand Weapon; Bow; Scouts; Skirmishers
1 Marksman
Huntsmen; Hand Weapon; Bow; Scouts

Pistoliers (7#, 150 Pts)
6 Pistoliers
Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Brace of Pistols; Light Armor; Fast Cavalry
1 Outrider
Hand Weapon; Pistol; Repeater Pistol; Light Armor
7 Warhorse

Pistoliers (7#, 150 Pts)
6 Pistoliers
1 Outrider
7 Warhorse

War Engines (4#, 100 Pts)
1 Great Cannon
Cannon
3 Crew
Hand Weapon

Total Roster Cost: 2150

Maximus Lucifer
07-08-2007, 01:58
you can only have 1 unit of flagelants as core, and where are your priests going? also trade the hand weapon for a great weapon on the priest with Armour of meteoric iron

Spoonie
07-08-2007, 02:22
Agreed. Just because I know you'll ask, no they can't join flagellants.

elotsip
07-08-2007, 03:34
I only have one unit as core , the other is rare.

Yeah, I just read that the priests can't join the flagellent units. That's a bummer for me.

I will have to adjust it a bit...

elotsip
07-08-2007, 03:55
Alrighty, here's the new updated list:

Okay, I have modified the list. The priest will ride with the knights and the wizard will ride with the pistoliers. They will advance, fire, bait and then flee if charged and then rally (hopefully) and repeat. I almost took an engineer to lead them with another repeating handgun but the wizard will probably be more useful.

C&C appreicated:

Arch Lector of Sigmar (2#, 275 Pts)
1 Arch Lector of Sigmar
General; Prayers of Sigmar; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 War Altar
Chariot; Large Target
2 Warhorse
1 Aldred's Casket of Sorcery

Luthor Huss (1#, 180 Pts)
1 Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar
Prayers of Sigmar; Barding; Great Weapon; Heavy Armor; Causes Fear
1 Warhorse

Warrior Priest of Sigmar (1#, 125 Pts)
1 Warrior Priest
Prayers of Sigmar; Barding; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield
1 Warhorse
1 Sigil of Sigmar

Battle Wizard (1#, 145 Pts)
1 Battle Wizard
Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon
1 Warhorse
1 Armor of Tarnus

28 Flagellant Warband
1 Prophet of Doom
Flail

28 Flagellant Warband
1 Prophet of Doom
Flail

Knightly Orders (7#, 231 Pts)
6 Knightly Orders @ 231 Pts
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance & Shield (x6); Full Plate Armor
1 Preceptor
1 Standard of Arcane Warding
7 Warhorse

Knightly Orders (7#, 201 Pts)
6 Knightly Orders
Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Lance & Shield (x6); Full Plate Armor
1 Preceptor
7 Warhorse

Militia Troops (14#, 140 Pts)
14 Archers
Huntsmen; Hand Weapon; Bow; Scouts; Skirmishers

Pistoliers (7#, 150 Pts)
6 Pistoliers
1 Outrider
7 Warhorse

War Engines (4#, 100 Pts)
1 Great Cannon
Cannon
3 Crew
Hand Weapon

Total Roster Cost: 2147

Von Wibble
07-08-2007, 14:04
Very confusingly presented list - are thoise knight units 6 or 7 models? If a character is joining then they should really be no more than 6 as the extra model's only benefit is as an ablative wound.

Not a fan of Luthor myself as I fell an ordinary warrior priest does a betterjob for less points.

Wizard and pistoliers together? Bad idea. They are asking to be shot. Also pistoliers have many uses, one of which is baiting enemy units and being sacrificed to pull enemies out of position, and protect flanks of your own. When you are giving away an extra 150 odd points for a wizard this just doesn't work.

Put the wizard on foot. Lose the armour and get something to help in the magic phase. Nothing to stop him still assisting the pistoliers, but without fear of retribution.

Really not sure about this army. 2 expensive units that will only see combat on the enemies terms, and only 2 other combat units. Also with very little shooting you will have to go on the offensive, where the speed differential of the knights and flagellants will be more noticeable.

If you cut the flagellants down to 20 man units and reduced cavalry to 6, you could get a unit of spearmen with free company detachment. this would give the opponent more threats to worry about. I have found my flagellents work better in smaller blocks anyway - when charged they tend to get few attacks and then later they are S3. Extra models only improve surviveabliity, not killability. A tarpit shouldn't be expensive.

Maximus Lucifer
07-08-2007, 17:42
cut down one unit of flagellants...also trade the armour on the mage for 2 scrolls

elotsip
07-08-2007, 22:00
Sorry it was confusing to read. I have made soe adjustments to the list.

Arch Lector on war alter. armor of dawn (4+ save, reroll armor save), speculum (swapWS, ST, TO and AT with enemy during challange)
warrior priest on barded steed - Talisman of protection (6+ ward save), Icon of Magnus (immune to fear)
warrior priest no foot - armour of metoric iron (1+ save), sigil of silver (magic res 1)
wizard - Silver horn (bound spell, auto rally fleeing troops)
1x 25 flagellents - Prophet of doom
1x20 flagellents - Prophet of doom
1x8 knights with standard of magic resistance 2, full cmd
1x15 huntsmen (skirmishing archers, to screen my advance)
1x6 pistoliers (to shoot, bait and flee unit), champion with repeater pistol, musician
1x1 great cannon (to blow things up, hopefully)
1x25 spearmen with shield - led by priest on foot. Using bretonian halbariers. Full cmd
Detachment of swordmen - using sisters of sigmar.
1x12 crossbowmen - using militia men, musician

Von Wibble
08-08-2007, 16:13
Looks solid.

Does the arch lector have a shield, gw or neither? Can't remember if Dawn armour includes a shield.

Consider the shroud of magnus on the mounted priest rather than his items - also can lose the banner of arcane protection and save points.

Huntsman block is very big - I would drop it to 10 as those extra models don't really achieve anything more.

These 2 cuts will allow an extra unit of pistoliers I believe.

elotsip
08-08-2007, 17:05
The lector does have a shield. I fear magic which is why I have the banner of arcane prtection. I may not need it, if so I can drop it later.
The hunts men are so big because I want them to screen a lot of my army as I advance. Since you can't shoot through them I can hide behind them as I advance.

rexim
08-08-2007, 23:49
the wizard should have wizard saff, so you can use your 4 PD and a scroll.
you got 7 DD you dont need MR,
make your screeners ordinery Archers as a detatchment to the spearmen.
drop 7 fllagelants out of the big unite and 2 out of the smal and make them 3*6 for more punsh.
11 knights and a mounted WP with banner of fear causing on the charge is a good way to take care of stubborn troops in a Emp list.

elotsip
09-10-2007, 17:10
Finished the pisoliers and the duelists. As well as a new place of worship for Sigmar's weary followers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/elotsip/Empire%20Army/DSCF1155.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/elotsip/Empire%20Army/DSCF1156.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/elotsip/Empire%20Army/DSCF1154.jpg

Johan Chill
10-10-2007, 02:13
Nice looking good :)