PDA

View Full Version : Wardancers and Lords/Heros

Naghaz
23-08-2005, 18:35
Can a Highborn or Nobel that is not give the Wardancer option still join a unit of Wardancers?

Lord Setra
23-08-2005, 18:48
No as is stated in the rule book.

Just have a look on the main rules page.

Naghaz
23-08-2005, 19:07
Thanks Setra, I was having some trouble finding it, the book has so many special rules its a bit overwhelming from time to time. But the issue seems a bit more complex.

As is being discussed on another Forum; The basic issue is that while the book does state that a Wardancer character can only join wardancer units it does not say that a non-wardancer character cannot join a wardancer unit if they wish.

Avian
24-08-2005, 10:37
I'm a bit curious as to what type of character you would like to have join a Wardancer unit and how it could possibly be abusive.

Naghaz
24-08-2005, 13:48
I doubt its an issue of abuse, so much as just wanting to play by the rules.

In my Army for example, there are times when I'd want to take away the alter on my Highborn so he could lead the army, in these cases I would want him in a unit and the Wardancers seem like a good place.

If my Highborn has nettlings and some protective goodies he could challange any characters in a larger unit the Wardancers engage, while the wardancers are free to whoop up on the unit itself. Because of their high number of attacks, and the Highborns ability to difuse killy opponents, I could see the Wardancers being able to take on significant opponents with a good chance of success (so long as they never get charged of course).

This is just one example of why I would like to place a non wardancer Highborn into a unit of wardancers, certainly not abusive.

Avian
25-08-2005, 11:48
'Alter' characters cannot join units, wardancers or not.

Everence
25-08-2005, 11:59
He didn't say that his alter character was going to join a unit. He said that if he wanted to take away the alter on his Highborn so he could lead the army and that the Wardancers maybe an appropriate bodyguard unit thingy.

At least, thats how I interpreted the information.

Avian
25-08-2005, 12:31
Not how I interpret the quote.

in these cases I would want him in a unit and the Wardancers seem like a good place.
(emphasis mine)

:p

Yanos
25-08-2005, 12:42
'Fraid I agree with Everence: Naghaz was pointing out that his Noble might lead the Wardancer unit once his Alter Kindred had been removed. But anyways....

Naghaz, if you're ditching the Alter Kindred in these cases, would it be worth giving your Noble the Wardancer Kindred instead?? Unsure of how the points would balance, but if you want him there to soak enemy challengers, why not enjoy some Shadow Dances of Loec while you're at it? Still plenty of points left for that Annoyance of Nettlings :D. That may be completely contrary to what you had in mind, but 'tis still a possibility :).

Avian
25-08-2005, 12:55
Whoops! :rolleyes:

Naghaz
25-08-2005, 13:12
Avian, sorry for the way it was written up, didnt mean to lead anyone astray there. Yanos and Everence had it right, I was taking the Alter Kidnred away from my highborn and placing him into my unit of Wardancers which was the original concern of this thread. I've run it by another forum as well as my regular opponents and both peer groups came up with it being legal so alls good on that front.

Yanos, I did in fact think about giving my Highborn the Wardancer Kindred but honestly I'd rather leave him be. The kindred is very nice mind you, but in order to pay for it I need to drop something here or there in the list and I'd prefer to leave it be. Another issue is I love the Highborn with GW figure, and really want to use it :) If after a few games I feel the Annoyance of Nettlings and Broach combo are not worth their salt I may in fact test him as an actual wardancer.

Yanos
25-08-2005, 13:17
Fairy snuff :).

I can't help looking at the GW-armed Highborn and thinking he should have a row of turnips modelled in front of him! It's just that intensely focussed, shovel-wielding pose they've got him in I guess :D.

EDIT: Curses, I've crafted that exact image and now I can't attach it :D !