PDA

View Full Version : Skirmishers with longbows

FarmerJoe16
07-08-2007, 03:10
can skirmishers move and shoot with a longbow in the same turn?? or do they use the move- or- fire rule? says in the codex they dont have the move or fire rule but i just want to make sure.

nyahuma
07-08-2007, 03:25
They can move and shoot. If they don't specifically have the move-or-shoot restiction, then they can move AND shoot.

Malorian
07-08-2007, 03:31
Try not to though. No need to get the -1 to hit if you can just deploy as far up as possible in the beginning and let loose the rest of the game.

Griefbringer
07-08-2007, 04:01
To break things down a bit:

1.) The rules for longbows are in the rulebook, not in an army book (no codex here - this is WHFB)
2.) Longbows do not have move-or-fire rule, so they can be fired on the round a unit moves (however, if the unit marches, then it cannot fire unless it is fast cavalry).
3.) Being skirmishers does not make any difference regarding moving and shooting.
4.) As mentioned before, there is a to hit -modifier for moving and shooting.

DarthBinky
07-08-2007, 05:51
Also bear in mind that they may not march and shoot- in some previous editions I believe they could (I never used shooty skirmishers in previous editions so I don't know for sure), but not in the current one.

Ninsaneja
07-08-2007, 05:55
Also bear in mind that they may not march and shoot- in some previous editions I believe they could (I never used shooty skirmishers in previous editions so I don't know for sure), but not in the current one.

In the previous edition it was a double move instead of a march for skirmishers which may or may not have had different rules.

Festus
07-08-2007, 05:58
Hi

In the previous edition it was a double move instead of a march for skirmishers which may or may not have had different rules.
In the previous edition it was both, actually. One after the other.
And yes, it had different rules. But they never included being able to march and shoot...

Festus