PDA

View Full Version : Any work left for my Nurglings?

br00n0
07-08-2007, 16:33
Hi all,

As a Death Guard player, I see the new Codex's coming with a sceptical eye. Although it seems that Plague Marines will do very well, I have more concerns about my Plaguebearers and Nurglings.

I will probably use my Plaguebearers as Generic Daemons. No problem here.

But what to do with my 7 Nurglings bases? They can't be effective Generic Daemons due to their big square base sizes.

I hear there's an upcoming "Chaos Daemons" Codex. Should I shelf my Nurglings until this codex comes out?

What are you folks doing with your Papa Nurgle's babies?

Thanks!

B.

Brother Loki
07-08-2007, 16:43
Use them as spawn, perhaps?

SmashemTaBitsa
07-08-2007, 17:42
I will just be keeping mine as nurglings and using the old codex, at least until they release the cults book.

Joewrightgm
07-08-2007, 17:44
I would use them as spawn. simple, easy to remember, and despite the ace-looking spawn plastics really cool minis to put on a table.

They're mounted on the 40x40 square, so base size for the spawn proxy is no issue.

vipernyc
07-08-2007, 17:55
Spawn... heck you could even use them as greater daemons because of the base size.... Nurglings of doom!

Randy
07-08-2007, 18:24
I like the latter.. It'll be somewhat humuliating for yur opponent to have everyone see a nurgling base carving a bloody swathe through his army but meh XD

br00n0
07-08-2007, 18:38
Yeah, I didn't thin of that, Spawns! Especially since they aren't Wargear anymore and can be fielded as independent units!

Thanks for the tips!

B.

dugaal
08-08-2007, 01:17
If they are of no use in september I am thinking of just plastering them on my tanks... considering I dont even have the basic 3 bases of em (lost a base somewhere in time...)

Brother xavier
08-08-2007, 02:45
I think a Codex: Daemons is coming out, this rumour may have been wrong however.

jhon
08-08-2007, 05:21
you can always use nurglings as a deamonic beast ... the nurglings is running

Lord Malek The Red Knight
08-08-2007, 16:11
But what to do with my 7 Nurglings bases? They can't be effective Generic Daemons due to their big square base sizes.

see p6 of the rulebook - as long as those "big square bases" are no smaller than the bases supplied with the Daemons, then theres no problem (base-size wise).

of is there some other reason why their bases would be a problem?

~ Tim

jfrazell
08-08-2007, 16:16
LM is right, but I love the idea of using them as Greater Demons. How humiliating...the option os using them as spawn is interesting as well.

FigureFour
08-08-2007, 17:39
1) Take a sorcerer with Gift of Chaos.
2) Turn your opponents favourite models into nurgling spawns.
3) Laugh.

brotherhostower
09-08-2007, 05:37
I'm going to end up using my Nurglings, and pairs of mounted daemonettes & the khorne doggies as spawn (making a nice 10 possible spawn for me lol) until the Codex: Daemons comes out.

jhon
09-08-2007, 06:01
or you can make a dread or termie with your nurglings

Clang
09-08-2007, 09:16
possibly you'll get some grizzles from opponents re the 'advantage' of nurglings being very short and so being able to hide more easily, but you get the same arguments over prone/kneeling models anyway.

If you were never going to use them as nurglings again, I'd suggest rebasing onto bases with terrain, i.e. giving them something to stand on and thus bring them up to 'normal' model height - but that's a bad idea if you're hoping for proper nurglings to reappear in the demon codex.

dcikgyurt
09-08-2007, 13:01
1) Take a sorcerer with Gift of Chaos.
2) Turn your opponents favourite models into nurgling spawns.
3) Laugh.

What he said! :D :D :D :D

But take the nurglings off their bases and put them each on their own base. That way you can turn their nasty, evil chapter master into a lone nurgling, with spawn stats. I don't know if they let you use that at a tournament, but it's worth a try.

FigureFour
09-08-2007, 15:27
But take the nurglings off their bases and put them each on their own base. That way you can turn their nasty, evil chapter master into a lone nurgling, with spawn stats. I don't know if they let you use that at a tournament, but it's worth a try.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you put it on a large base.

I recomend not putting any terrain on the base (aside from maybe the odd clump of grass) to emphasize the small lonely look of the nurgling.

Bonus points if you paint a single tear in his eye.

Asmith
09-08-2007, 15:42
I cames here to say spawn or use the old DG list, but both have already been said so, I second those!