PDA

View Full Version : What Chaos models aren't getting redone?

twj
07-08-2007, 16:37
I will start collecting a mechanised Chaos army (my first 40k army since my 3rd edition Mordian (with Praetorian NCOs)) and know that there is a new codex out in 2 months (gives me time to finish my Empire army) anyway what models will not be redone? I want to know because I know that I won't be able to wait 2 months and will start randomly buying things before and I'm wary of what happened recently to Empire State Troops (the new ones look completely different from the old ones!).

Also, does anyone know what Chaos Apocalypse boxsets there will be? For example will there be a box of 3 predators?

dante76
07-08-2007, 16:43
I think the Defiler is the same model....and the obvious HQ Demons: Bloodthirster, Keeper of Secrets etc...

vipernyc
07-08-2007, 17:59
Raptor, obliterators, bikes, all cult troops (1k sons, etc), and all the vehicles are not due for new models...not sure about any apocalypse vehicle deals- only chaos apocalypse box I know of is the tide of spawn.

Commissar Bob
07-08-2007, 18:10
I'm pretty sure that the dreadnought is not getting a new model. Which is a real shame, because the old one is so ugly and hard to assemble.:(

Commissar Bob

MrPickles
07-08-2007, 18:14
All of the models on this page that DON'T have a shopping cart icon below them:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/chaosspacemarines/catalog/default.htm

The Anarchist
07-08-2007, 18:24
as well as no cult Marines will be being redone, also with this Lucis the eternal, Karn the Betrayer, Fabius Bile, Typhus all wont be getting redone. a few very small changes to Abbbadon is still up in the air though apparently.

Lord Balian
07-08-2007, 18:41
Is anyone else a little annoyed that they are expecting us to use our cool god specific demon models as LESSER demons?

I was wondering what they had intended us to use for these, and heard there are no pictures in the codex, so it was going to be left up to us. Not that we can't use the old demon models, but it just seems so lame. They would all have the same stats, and have any specifics to the gods at all. To be honest, I think I'll use my converted cultists as lesser demons. I have 60 of these buggers I just got done a few months back, and with out them, my Alpha Legion is seriously lacking models. /sigh Just ignore the fact that they have pistols. :)

Zazz
07-08-2007, 19:01
Is anyone else a little annoyed that they are expecting us to use our cool god specific demon models as LESSER demons?

well in an optimal situation, i expect a Lesser Daemon would be a Fury model since they were always non-aligned, right?

i'd say keep the god specific daemon models on hold until the Daemon Codex comes out

Endemion
07-08-2007, 19:36
Do you mean generic daemons? A lesser daemon is just anything that isn't a greater daemon

Lord Balian
07-08-2007, 19:43
Do you mean generic daemons? A lesser daemon is just anything that isn't a greater daemon

Same thing in this codex. The only demons in it are greater and lesser. And there is only one stat line for each of those.

Outlaw289
07-08-2007, 19:44
Same thing in this codex. The only demons in it are greater and lesser. And there is only one stat line for each of those.

They ought to give mediocre demons some love.

Chaplain Ark
08-08-2007, 00:59
they say the regular CSM is being redone, but i see no difference between the teaser pics and the current models. are any of the cult troops being redone?

SamaNagol
08-08-2007, 01:25
Unfortunately STILL not the Bezerkers :(

vipernyc
08-08-2007, 02:32
they say the regular CSM is being redone, but i see no difference between the teaser pics and the current models. are any of the cult troops being redone?

They recut the sprues so now you get 10 marines per box - and also the upgrade sprue now has the icons, etc.

None of the cult troops are getting redone as of yet.

Chaplain Ark
08-08-2007, 03:27
They recut the sprues so now you get 10 marines per box - and also the upgrade sprue now has the icons, etc.

None of the cult troops are getting redone as of yet.

So we get two more marines per box? thats pretty sweet cause i, for some strange reason, hate taking uneven numbers of troops. any of my army lists you look at have troop numbers ending in a 5 or a 0.

But dang! why none of the cults? TS are still sweet and PM still look awesome, but NM, besides the gun look little different from regular CSM, and to me, zerkers are not that appealing as a model. but then again, i prefer the shooty army anyway.

jhon
08-08-2007, 04:59
Unfortunately STILL not the Bezerkers :(

the zerker is best choice for model coverting due to it has big arm part and easy to scarp iocn good detail armour , also not to mention muilt-parts legs ...:evilgrin: