PDA

View Full Version : Movement in Apocalypse

The Laughing God
07-08-2007, 16:17
Hey everyone!

I have quick question. During apocalypse how do you think movement is going to turn out? How are hoard armies going to be able to move and not take an hour doing so? I'm building up a nid army now for apocalypse and moving has just occured to me.

I have also heard there is going to be a timer?:confused:That really sets hoard armys back. Like Orks, and Nids.

How do you think this will turn out?

-The Laughing God-

mistformsquirrel
07-08-2007, 16:21
Hmm... could do 40k-style Movement Trays? Admittedly that limits your flexibility pretty badly, but then in a huge game maybe that won't be a problem?

*guessing completely*

Light of the Emperor
07-08-2007, 16:30
These games aren't competitive tournament style games. Rather, they are played for fun. I'm sure opponents will understand the longer movement phases for horde armies.

07-08-2007, 16:33
I wont move....250 stationary imperial guardsmen ..... oh wait that don't help you being nids.

I vote a movement tray as well. that will help then you only have to take them off going through dificul terrain or buildings.

(thats also scary a Apocalypse cityfight.....that could take a while)

swordwind
07-08-2007, 16:43
With a little work with milliput a normal AOL CD can easily fit a 10 man squad on normal infantry bases.

paddyalexander
07-08-2007, 16:49
You can get a good effect by taking a 5mm thick sheet of foam core or card board and cuting out circles 2" apart that your models bases fit into. Then base the movement tray the same as your models or the table you most likly play on and you're done. Your models get a good spread so theres no complaints about blast/template weapons & movement trays.

Ruroni
07-08-2007, 17:08
I was thinking myself what I might do for moving all my nids, IG, hell even marines are over a company worth. Both 40k and fantasy woud certainly run a little faster if I didn't have to move, fleet, then assault so many guys. First I was gonna make movement bases based 2 inches apart for template reasons, but then i ran into the problems.

What about assault? What about disembarking, or moving tight into a cover area? There's so many situations where you need to be base to base, and in altering formations. Anyone who sees a remedy to this or a 'it's not so bad' solution, please chime in.

For Ig I think I might do it still, since a lot of them may remain static or at least move in a formation of lines that'll help me maintain controll.

br00n0
07-08-2007, 17:12
One could also buy a couple of rakes at HomeDepot. That'll help moving hordes. And with the right rake, you could even pull out the Genestealers from Terminators involved in an Apocalypse-sized melee...

;-)

B.

Randy
07-08-2007, 17:13
Use trays then take them ut when yu go into combat or disembark then move them on... Simple..

Malchek
07-08-2007, 18:04
Yeah I have a feeling we'll be using dustpans and brushes to remove casualties ala blackadder ;)

Steel_Legion
07-08-2007, 18:06
CDs sound quite good here, and foamcore. Basically you are a madman if you bring more men than tanks as thats what its all gonna be about, and I cant wait to wheel out Cadian 2nd Armoured :D

EarlGrey
07-08-2007, 18:17
A few "navigation officers" to help out. :)