PDA

View Full Version : Confused

ParadoX_83
07-08-2007, 16:49
G'day guys,

I am a massive WHB fluff fan and i wanted to know if certain books are fluff/background books or campaign supplements?:confused:

For example,

1. Warhammer FRPG, Old world bestiary
2. Warhammer FRPG, Old world armoury
3. " " , Paths of the damned etc.

goto www.gameslore.com and quick search warhammer for a broader explanation.

Sorry i dont know how to add links yet.

Thanks for your help:D

ParadoX_83
07-08-2007, 16:51
...automatic links...LOL

Neknoh
07-08-2007, 16:57
They are very good at expanding the fluff of Warhammer, the canon-state of them, I am unsure of, but they are often considered to be good at exploring the fluff, yes.

And no, they aren't background books or campaign supplements, FRPG stands for Fantasy Role Playing Game, just lik the various forms of Vampire (masquerade and Requiem), the old D20 systems etc. etc.

ParadoX_83
07-08-2007, 17:03
So these certain books arent directly from GW or Black library, just independants leeching..??

mrtn
07-08-2007, 17:05
They are "official GW products", but they're not "official GW Warhammer Fantasy Battle products".

Crube
07-08-2007, 17:07
They are products for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, specifically, not Fantsay Battle

They are still useful in expanding the backgroound of the old world, but have noe exact use in WFB

ParadoX_83
07-08-2007, 17:18
Oh ok, I get it now. To tell you the truth, i didnt even know about FRPG.
Are they a good fluff read..??

mrtn
07-08-2007, 17:53
The old world bestiary is very nice, haven't read the others. :)

forthegloryofkazadekrund
07-08-2007, 17:53
most of the wfrp books are based around the empire, there are a few older ones based around the dwarfs

there are a lot of good novels out there which will give a lot of good background info same as a lot of the older army books before they were made minimal fluff (orc army book 2 back from current edition - 5th i think)

Bregalad
07-08-2007, 18:24
They are excellent background books.
Sigmar's Heirs on Empire.
Knight of the Grail on Bretonia.
Karak Azgal on Dwarves.
Children of the Horned Rat on Skaven (have that one, background on all clans, all different army entries, history , just everything, recommended).
Night's Dark Masters on Vampires.
Lure on the Liche Lord on Khemri (Adventure)
Tome of Corruption on Chaos.

Just to give you an idea. The books shall enable you to play a single character, often civilian, but sometimes from a WHFB army list, although humans are the most common characters. Therefore you get loads of information, not found in WHFB.