PDA

View Full Version : What does the future hold for the 13th Company?

Amornar
07-08-2007, 19:17
Just like the title says, what do people think will happen to the 13th company. According to rumors the new SW Codex won't be out for some time, will the 13th Company be added in as an alternative list or just get thrown out. I personally love my army and would love to see their rules legal again as more and more places seem to be outlawing the Eye of Terror rules. They had lots of great fluff and good models too, and by far the most developed and unique out of the EoT lists.

-Amornar

Amornar
08-08-2007, 03:13
Come on guys I know where must be a few wulfen lords out there with some input.

cuda1179
08-08-2007, 04:09
I sure hope that they will remain. I have a decent army that is all painted, but yet to be used.

onnotangu
08-08-2007, 04:11
No one knows yet. ask again later when the rumours start up

WallWeasels
08-08-2007, 04:54
I think like the speed-freaks in the new ork codex, you will still have imprints on the codex and how it looks/feels. The 13th company list will become outdated once its released. :/ But, most likely something like Wulfen will be in the new update.

1000 Yard Stair
08-08-2007, 08:53
I am well and truly scared of what may become of the 13th. The list itself and all it's unique rules will certainly be abandoned, based on GW's dislike of variant lists.

The SW codex itself will probably include Wulfen or Wolf Packs but without the 13th's special rules and restrictions (no vehicles, all elite infantry stats and price) the flavor of the list will almost certainly pass into the sagas of the rune priests.

Frankly i'm concerned with what will happen to the SW codex itself. GW's recent codex streamlining is dangerously close to removing the uniqeness of the different marine chapters. With the elimination of a wargear section and armywide special rules and the forced inclusion of "special" characters, the SW codex may have a very different flavor to what we have now.

Amornar
08-08-2007, 19:44
1000 Yard Stair, thats exactly what I am afraid of as well. Its a real shame that GW seems to be unifying all variant armies into one army, where the only way to do a different army is to model it that way, as as happened in the last few books with Orcs & Goblins, Space Marines, Eldar and esspesially the new CSM book. Unfortunately there is not much we can do because their money comes from model sales, not how popular the rules for an army is.

SamaNagol
08-08-2007, 20:48
If they simply include Wulfen as an Elites choice it will be a travesty. You can't just assimilate things into the SW list because it will unbalance it. There is a reason why the 13th couldnt have vehicles or drop pods. To just put those extra things into the normal SW list would make it horribly over-powered. I don't see why they can't just include it as another 3 page variant list. They have no reason not to other than stubbornness.