PDA

View Full Version : New Necromunda Terrain rumour?

Baxx
23-08-2005, 22:37
A while back on here I could of sworn I remember reading that somebody had a contact (mail order troll?) that mentioned some new Necromunda terrain was in the works. Unfortunately after having a search I can't find the post or thread again.

Does anybody have any information about this or was it all just wishful dreaming on my part?

Anaxagorax
24-08-2005, 00:20
GW is releasing some multi-part ruined buildings for 40K in the near future, maybe that is what you've heard about?

Baxx
24-08-2005, 07:51
Ah yes, I guess that must of been it. Thanks.

Sai-Lauren
24-08-2005, 08:39
Whilst we're on the subject, the Necromunda/Underhive buildings are no longer available, although the bulkheads themselves are (I asked Mail Order a few weeks ago).

They recommended mounting card - available from craft shops.

Besides, you can then come up with your own design of buildings, along with ramps, catwalks (inch wide walkways - and remember what may happen if you're wounded within an inch of the edge ;) ), balconies and walls and so on.

ScooterinAB
28-08-2005, 19:03
In a semi-recent discussion on the SG board, one of the mods said that there is basically noi way in heck GW will be releasing new card terrain for necromunda. They keep claiming that it costs too much, and the people would just prefer to make their own.

I personally like the card terrain, and it helpos solidify that we play Necromunda for fun, and that it is a game. People who make the big building sets are a bit weird, and they never seem to have the same playing feel as the multi level cards.

If you are interested, chack out Urban Mammoth's plastic terrain "system". I've seen some pretty awesome pics of some really creative ways of assembling it. It seems to be very multi part, so much like the card terrain, you can assemble it differently each time.

The Judge
28-08-2005, 19:08
Yes, GW is re-releasing the Cityfight Campaign next year...with new industrial/urban terrain suitable for Necromunda. My friend saw it on a a studio tour and said it was the best terrain he has ever seen.

Wolf Scout Ewan
28-08-2005, 20:48
I really dont like the look of that urbgan mammoth stuff... looks cheap, nasty and very flimsy.

Spacemunkie
28-08-2005, 20:49
This stuff rocks:

http://www.wargamesworld.com/default.asp?item=Terrain&category=IMEX&categorygroup=Terrain%20Construction%20System

Grimshawl
29-08-2005, 16:03
I've been looking into getting some for a while now myself, most people I've spoken with who have it are happy with it. I like its look myself, but I'll still be happy to see what GW brings out, really they should have kept up the cardboard and bulkhead terrain it was good stuff.

erion
29-08-2005, 16:21
The Hexagon and Platformer systems are very nice sets. The plastic is nice and hard and very sturdy when assembled. I prefer the hexagon over the platformer, but that's just because you have to pre-assemble the platformer pieces before you can actually build with them.

I'm looking forward to the new stuff coming out this fall very much.