PDA

View Full Version : Modeling the Chaos Greater Demon

Petrov_101
08-08-2007, 16:22
I already have a Winged Demon Prince modeled from the blood thirster and other parts. I was wondering if it would make sense to use GW's Demon Prince model for the greater demon in my list.

As far as I can tell, the greater demon is not allowed to have wings (or at least, if it does have wings can't actually use them). If this is not the case then that opens up my options but if it's true, I think the current demon prince model would (ironically) make for a better greater demon.

Yes? No?

Opinions wanted...

Carlos
08-08-2007, 18:24
Treeman or Verminlord ftw. Hell you could buy an Eldar Avatar, paint it purple and say his hollow corpse got infested by an evil daemon!

Personally I think a treeman backed up by loads of Dryads makes a very characterful choice. Either that of you buy a 'Tyrant' figure from Resident evil and glue it to a base and then convert hordes of guardsmen to be undead plague zombies for lesser daemons!

Davachido
08-08-2007, 18:43
You can keep the wings under the pretext that the wings can be used within the warp as the environment is different but outside of the warp the Daemon prince's body is too heavy for the wings to carry but he keeps the wings regardless.

How does that sound? You get to keep the winged model (which I bet looks awesome) and have a reason for doing so.

Petrov_101
08-08-2007, 19:59
My only concern is that players may forget the winged model can't actually fly. If I have a demon prince with wings and a greater demon with them, but only the demon prince can fly it might cause some confusion.

Maybe not tho...

Still, I do like the demon prince model so may buy it anyway...

WallWeasels
08-08-2007, 20:05
I was actually thinking that Horrors make pretty good lesser daemons (being weird shaped random like blobs with several mouths) and I really have no idea for a greater daemon. Could use Fantasy Daemon Princes, maybe. But its not as big as lets say, the blood thirster model :o

Davachido
08-08-2007, 20:05
Well iirc no greater daemons can fly in the new chaos codex so I think players will start to adjust to the paradox of a model with wings that can't fly.

Sorta like an ostrich, its got wings and it doesn't fly :p

muskrat
08-08-2007, 20:20
Generic Daemons are so much cooler...

Balrog, other game systems, Treemen, anything can be used, without the weirdness and forgetfulness that "count as" always brings.