PDA

View Full Version : The Hand of Gork & Ere We Go

PANZERBUNNY
24-08-2005, 04:50
alright.

I charge a unit with hand of gork.
I'm assuming I dont resolve that charge until the close combat phase.(could be wrong)
SO....can I cast ere we go on the unit to fight a round of close combat even though they technically aren't in close combat yet as they haven't resolved their charge?
ALSO, if I CAN fight that roundof close combat would I get the spear rank bonus as ere go is a normal round of combat not a charge combat.

thks

Megilain
24-08-2005, 06:31
The effect of the spell in this case the charge is resolved immediately after the spell is succesfully cast. So after this they ARE technically in close combat and nothing (except few dices or a scroll) stop you from casting `Ere we go on them.

As for the spears, in order to use the spears in two ranks (or more) the unit must not have moved during the turn, whether they have fought a round of close combat yet is irrelevant...

T10
24-08-2005, 08:44
Correct.

The unit is considered to be in close combat as soon as it is in base-to-base contact with the enemy.

When working out the round of combat from 'Er We Go the attacks are worked out as they would be under normal conditions in the close combat phase: If the unit charged that turn it counts as having moved (one less rank of spears) but it at least counts as charging (+1 S for Boarboyz with Spears or Boyz on foot with Choppa).

As a neat trick, note that the unit can receive the 'Ere We Go spell several times in the same magic phase, and that the Banner of Butchery grants a +1 A for an entire turn...

-T10