PDA

View Full Version : Stagler's Marines Malevolent ! ! !

Colonel Stagler
09-08-2007, 01:35
The day has come, the day has come when i finally got tired of painting the 80th grey greatcoat, and the 80th brown gasmask.
I have finally given way to the temptations of other armies, and i have decided to start a side project of Space Marines. Although sadly the space marines i want to do, i dont know hardly anything about :(
If anyone could aid me in telling me a bit about the infamous Marines Malevolent, and the doctrines that one would take to represent them, it would be excellently appreciated :)
thanks, Stagler out

Tehkonrad
09-08-2007, 02:09
i know that there jerks but thats it.

BodhiTree
09-08-2007, 02:17
I'm not sure what their traits would be, if they had any. I do adore them as a Chapter though, as they seem the most 'Marine-like' to me than the others. I don't think you have to take traits for them, as you can just take 2+ Whirlwinds. Maybe just take as many blast marker weapons as you can, although I don't think they were that crazy... but maybe they are.

TwistedDarkness
09-08-2007, 03:47
Well, the Marines Malevolent are jerks, to say the least. During the Third War for Armageddon, they shelled a refugee camp being attacked by the Orks, which got the Captain in charge of the Marines Malevolent laid out by the nearby, upstanding Salamanders.

So, a Whirlwind or two would seem to work, as well as "We Stand Alone".

Colonel Stagler
09-08-2007, 18:33
hmm, so theyre not a very emperor loving chapter then it seems. Are they angry ferocious types ala blood angels? , any help would be apprieciated on helping me choose doctrines :)

King Thurgun
09-08-2007, 18:55
For angry unforgiving marines, i'd say you would want to go with Cleanse and Purify (nothing says angry like indescriminate flamer goodness) and either Take the Fight to Them or the Furious Assault one. So, have the troops be really close range smackdown-y, supported by devastator squads with missiles and whirlwinds.

Close in supported by Artillery... sounds pretty cool! Also, don't forget to take 2 chaplains. Nothing says "You cannot be forgiven!" like 2 chaplains.

Colonel Stagler
09-08-2007, 19:38
Thanks king thurgun, i think ill take the No Mercy No respite trait, but since i have already modelled a squad with a heavy bolter and plasma gun in it, i dont think i wanna take cleanse and purify :(

Randy
09-08-2007, 19:39
From what 'I've heard basically the most indiscriminate weapons you can take.

2 WWs, 4 MLs/PCs in a dev squad, flamers from tacticals in rhinos, 2 chaplains, terminators with HFs/CMLs all that kind of stuff.

Slaaneshi Slave
09-08-2007, 21:45
They are a good upstanding Marine chapter, as loyal to the Imperium as anybody else. They just know the cold hard truth. Civilians aren't worth crap all compared to a Marine, so its best to kill a bunch of those whilst artillery striking the enemy than to risk losing a Marine in an assault.

Colonel Stagler
10-08-2007, 08:17
Thanks for the help guys, thers not much history about them on the internet, does anyone know what chapter they were split from?

Tehkonrad
12-08-2007, 08:42
probs Iron hands you know for jerky jerkness
'praps wiv a little ultramarine for codexy codexness